My 2015 L1 Review

eolivares1976

LA Lawmen
Played in a Easton Bat provided tourney yesterday and swung the RED L1 for the most part of the day. Balls that were hit were used were the Dudley sy USSSA ball.

The feel of the 27oz was just like my 2014 L1. The enload is :thumb:

But the performance was a lot better than the 2014 L1 imo. These bats were pretty hot after about 2 games and everyone swinging them. So there is a break in period, I'd say 200-300 hits before they get ridiculous.

Please understand that I sold every usssa bat I owned and bought 4 2014 L1's; that's how much I love this bat. Well after yesterday I will definitely be picking up a few of the 2015 L1's. I'm very excited about this bat.

On my last game the only had a 26oz L1 (I prefer 27oz) so my first two at bats I swung the 27oz B1 and hit a couple line drives, nothing spectacular. So I decided to pick up the 26oz L1 and I noticed a nice rattle. Immediately I thought this bat is HOT! With two runners on base I hit a laser to dead left and went out (played at BLD Yankee). On my next AB I swung it again and hit a laser at the 5 man, he had no choice but to get out of the way.

Easton has outdone themselves once again. Can't wait to try out a 27oz L3 for ASA

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Explain hotter. What's the status of your current gamer? How many cuts, etc. Just want to get an idea of what you're comparing it to.

joncoke

Addicted to Softballfans
Ugh I can't wait til my preorder comes in too. I was told mine would ship march 3rd so I can hopefully get out and try it then.

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Damm ed. I'm jelly........I wanna swing the new L1.......think I'm gonna have to get one.......I compare all bats to my gamer 100h. Hopefully it will match or surpass it.

eolivares1976

LA Lawmen
How was the durability? Hotter faster=die faster?

I don't know if it will die faster. I didn't see any die yesterday nor did I hear of any dying. However the 26oz that I did swing in my last game had a nice rattle but with the new Easton's that doesn't mean anything.

Explain hotter. What's the status of your current gamer? How many cuts, etc. Just want to get an idea of what you're comparing it to.

My current L1 has around 500 swings on it and it's hot. But I do know it will get better. However, last year we swung the L1's in the same bat provided tourney all year so I can say I've swung some 2014 L1's with thousands of swings on them. Compared to one with thousands of swings to the new L1 I swung yesterday I'd say they are comparable. In other words the 2015 L1 was just as hot as the 2014 one with a few thousand swing that I swung last year.

Damm ed. I'm jelly........I wanna swing the new L1.......think I'm gonna have to get one.......I compare all bats to my gamer 100h. Hopefully it will match or surpass it.

I would get one bro, I know for sure I will!

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
My current L1 has around 500 swings on it and it's hot. But I do know it will get better. However, last year we swung the L1's in the same bat provided tourney all year so I can say I've swung some 2014 L1's with thousands of swings on them. Compared to one with thousands of swings to the new L1 I swung yesterday I'd say they are comparable. In other words the 2015 L1 was just as hot as the 2014 one with a few thousand swing that I swung

Interesting. Were the sticks NIW when they started the tourney?

D RODZ

I Hit Piss RODZ
The new 14L1 is the goods. You'll really like this 1 if you liked the 13L1. I have a 27 and it feels slightly more end loaded than my 13L1. I would say it falls right between the 13L1 and the 13LV1 when talking about the swing weight.

kdynamite

Coach
Maybe I'm crazy or got a stiffer 2014 L1, but I was hitting my 2013 L1 better. They had the same number of hits on them since I just got a couple 2013's from Madbeers. I ended up selling my 2014 red/black L1 and kept my 2013's. Don't get me wrong, it was a great bat, but for the price I can get 2 2013's for a little more than 1 2014. I sold the 2014 at around 350 hits. Great bat though. I'll come back to it later.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeh, its a 2014 L1 not 2015. why other brands are calling their bats that are already out 2015 bats are fools

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Anyone have a same ounce 14L1 and 13L1 and can do some balance checks? I'm only interested cause Helmer told me himself that the 14' is the exact same composite and weighting as the 13' line. And the L3 has "a bit less endload than the L1." Maybe he was misinformed and they made some changes, but who knows. It's definitely the goods.