My custom 504

PHILTHY19

Addicted to Softballfans
Just came in today, 2 days short of 6 weeks definitely worth the wait. Glove is super stiff wouldnt be surprised if it was Horween. After seeing phantomblack I knew for sure this is what i wanted.

Last edited:

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Awesome.. this really needs to be a stock glove.. weird that it'd take 6wks for a basic all tan glove with no embroidery etc

PHILTHY19

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks everyone, Phantomblack I think mine looks like yours just cant get the exact color of my glove with or without the flash.

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
The color looks identical to my 2007 DM PRO1000HC. I took a side by side for comparison.

qsyt.jpg

ibjr25

Addicted to Softballfans
Love the classic tan with grey welt. Honestly, after seeing all the custom Wilsons and whatnot, nothing seems to over come the awesome look of the classic tan or black colors to me. Nice choice on this!

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Am i the only one who thinks its weird to get a black keychain for this glove?

BTW, Beautiful glove!
F

PHILTHY19

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree on the keychain lol..

Received a few Pm's on where i got it... I ordered it through Milicoman here on Sbf they have the best prices on custom Rawlings that I know of. I used the glove builder on a different website to help me out.

My glove- all tan options plus
Welting-grey
Stitching- gold

Hope this helps answer questions

Last edited:

jethrodub

Coach
Absolutely beautiful!

How do you think it will play from a size stand point? Debating between this and the PRO1000 custom. Either way I go, its definitely going to be all tan.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
It looks just like a larger DM pro1000hc except for the rawlings script on the index finger. Now if I could just get my damn pro1000 to break in, I could find out if I have a need to make a custom 504! :mad:

PHILTHY19

Addicted to Softballfans
Absolutely beautiful!

How do you think it will play from a size stand point? Debating between this and the PRO1000 custom. Either way I go, its definitely going to be all tan.

I think length wise it will be true to size with a wide deep pocket once broken in. I think current 504 owners can answer this question better.

The Custom offerings include a 12" and 12.25" pro1000 for those who want something a little smaller.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
I think length wise it will be true to size with a wide deep pocket once broken in. I think current 504 owners can answer this question better.

The Custom offerings include a 12" and 12.25" pro1000 for those who want something a little smaller.

They are true to size with a great pocket.. one of the best patterns you can get for softball imo.. the SLCS 504s are a hair smaller than the Philippines versions, with a shorter pinky

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Gorgeous glove.

Color is going to vary by batch. Horween does have two different color tans in their Glove Leather: A darker orange-tan and a lighter golden tan.

Here is another sample of the lighter;

And darker...

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Horween only makes a batch of the glove leather when they have orders for something like 150 hides. GS liked to buy 10 at a time (SLCS too). Bob's been having a hard time getting it in and Glovesmith cancelled their last order after waiting 6 months. They are now using a Japanese tanned tan (looks like the Nike Sha|do tan) which is a bit softer than the Horween. The black is US tanned, but is no longer from Horween. While the new black does not have the matte waxy finish of the Horween, it is a lot lighter weight. Bart tells me it is a little bit thicker and softer than the Horween, making it easier to work with and break in. All good to me. I am tired of spending 6 months breaking a glove in just to the point I can use it.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
When I get a chance to talk to Bob or Bart or even get an email conversation going with Rob at Nokona, I ask lots of questions. Doesn't hurt that I have bought 2-5 gloves from each of them. They also generally like sharing knowledge about the gloves.

Now, back to grading mid-terms.