My j3a broke. Did yours?

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
So my J3a broke in under 250 swings. Two of my teammates both had their J3a crack around the 200 swing count as well. Is anyone else experiencing similar durability? I love the bat, but I don't want to get another one for my return if it's just going to break again so quickly.

*FYI we are in So Cal, so we're not swinging these in cold temps. Mostly 44/375 ASA balls.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Definitely seems to be mixed results with the .44's. and the J3a in terms of durability. Even with good batches.

Lord7

Banned User
Yes, mine broke and so did about 50 other people I've read about on here. Go to the Demarini section and I think there is a serial number bad batch or something.

13obby

Addicted to Softballfans
Theories out there on hit or miss durability with 44/375's. Softer balls, apparently the bats have held up.

Check to see if it's a paint crack or deeper composite crack. Someone on here had written that his had a nice lifted paint crack using 44/375's and he got several hundred more swings and still going strong. He even tried to finish it off and it wouldn't bust.

Safe bet: stay away from 44/375 or harder and less than 60 degree temps.

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
Theories out there on hit or miss durability with 44/375's. Softer balls, apparently the bats have held up.

Check to see if it's a paint crack or deeper composite crack. Someone on here had written that his had a nice lifted paint crack using 44/375's and he got several hundred more swings and still going strong. He even tried to finish it off and it wouldn't bust.

Safe bet: stay away from 44/375 or harder and less than 60 degree temps.

It looks like a surface crack, but the barrel is absolutely compromised... even while hitting the opposite side.

adnan kosugi

Banned User
i was not trying to insult bro just was asking sometimes people don't roll the bat right and it breaks prematurely i did not think you shaved it.

adnan kosugi

Banned User
im not stupid and i am not a dupe i know people don't use the right kind of roller a lot of times. you need a side roller to or you get spiral cracks around 200 swings.

KO_2

Addicted to Softballfans
im not stupid and i am not a dupe i know people don't use the right kind of roller a lot of times. you need a side roller to or you get spiral cracks around 200 swings.

Just stop talking, thats the best thing you can do right now.

adnan kosugi

Banned User
i guess i will. i have never been on a forum where there are so many people talking smack to n00bs. at least hebrew hacker gave me a discount code, he is about the only normal helpfull person on here.

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
i guess i will. i have never been on a forum where there are so many people talking smack to n00bs. at least hebrew hacker gave me a discount code, he is about the only normal helpfull person on here.

alt f4 makes it so people cant bash you here.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes

I'll help you out. Rolling a bat I'd considered altering and ultimately cheating. That's why people are giving you ****. Trust me, I know a lot of people on this forum and half of them use altered bats but if you talk about it on here you get bashed. Also do us a favor and don't sell any of your rolled or shaved bats on here.

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER

It's not noobs. it's cheaters. now GTFO you dirty little cheater.

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
lol at rolling a bat being cheating. as a pitcher and player, a rolled bat is the least of my worries. we just play and have fun and laugh at the bitches who *****.

doG

dabz
new bats and 44 cors = premature pop like a 14 yo boy

Everyone overlooked the only relevant post. These new ASA bats are not designed to hit the 44/375's and if you do, expect to get less than 500 swings out of the "ASA only" bats regardless of manufacturer or batch. Me and my buddy have broken almost a dozen demo's of these new bats hitting 44/375's. We dont care cuz they are free for us but take country's advice.

mravelo

Addicted to Softballfans
Spiral cracks litterally made me lol. Also, the DB ASA is an ASA only but but for some reason was designed for the .44 cor. So I wouldn't blanket statement every new ASA bat as a .52 only. Did I mention spiral cracks, man that is amazing.

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
i didnt cheat i never have swang a rolled or shaved bat so keep talking fake smack .

Lol besides rolling and shaving being illegal why would anyone roll a new ASA bat? They break in with 100 cuts sometimes not being a **** just saying. Search button is your friend here and will save you tons of hassle. Look at the pic below and Paypal me $20 for the trouble I have saved you.

BEFEA77E-DE46-48F1-9E59-5A2C31836AC1-6495-000003726BE76A1F_zps65a6920b.jpg