My opinion of our glove family?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
It’s absolutely the best, I collect and love ball gloves, guns, and knives, and I’m a active forum member for all three things. But…..glove guys are just different, great group of people!

Got a package today at lunch from @StickCollector, opened the box and there was a pristine A2000 XLO with a very nice handwritten letter telling me he wanted me to have it, and hopes I really enjoy it. Absolutely floored, speechless! Nicest gesture ever, honestly don’t know how to thank John enough! He obviously knows I love my 30+ year old XLO, appreciate it more than you know!

This is actually the second glove given to me/us, one was given to Anna from here a couple years back when she got recruited and committed, yes the glove community is without a doubt the best! Thanks again John!
8C3FB7AE-477A-4801-9699-708FCAF0DAA6.jpeg 03DE8AA9-9027-408E-B29E-B71BD9E8BDAE.jpeg 114A6F23-9080-44C0-8547-7E4184A0D555.jpeg E73C5A77-200D-4D8E-8643-5A453100AA15.jpeg

Lemond

Well said, @ANNASDAD! And in the spirit of Thanksgiving coming up, I’ll put out a big thank you to you and all of the regulars here for the many lessons you’ve passed on to me! The result, I’ve got two gloves I love, and two kids with gloves they love (and trying to start convincing DD she needs a new one soon, so stay tuned…)

StickCollector

No problem at all. I do also like our glove community here very much. So much knowledge from guys like @davisrelacing and @Rous. Also @Committed, @NYC, @ANNASDAD and so many more for keeping the conversations going. @milocoman for all he does with the RGGC every year, and also for getting us great pricing on stock options. I enjoy all the pics from the before and after of glove restoration. Please, everyone keep contributing here. We are all pretty inclusive and I do like to see gloves from different companies and patterns I may have never seen before.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Great post John, and a great list of names you noted....well, minus mine! :rolleyes: There's many many more that could be named, I miss ole Wally!

And I don't know about that Chad guy, he hates the NP6! :D Kidding, he's made everyone of us here smile, repeatedly!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is a little known fact about the XLO (at least Annasdad's longtime one): the thumb stay sits behind the wearer's thumb and not in the pad in front of the thumb. I'm not sure I recall ever seeing that in another glove.

It’s absolutely the best, I collect and love ball gloves, guns, and knives, and I’m a active forum member for all three things. But…..glove guys are just different, great group of people!

Got a package today at lunch from @StickCollector, opened the box and there was a pristine A2000 XLO with a very nice handwritten letter telling me he wanted me to have it, and hopes I really enjoy it. Absolutely floored, speechless! Nicest gesture ever, honestly don’t know how to thank John enough! He obviously knows I love my 30+ year old XLO, appreciate it more than you know!

What a nice gesture and how I also love a Wilson A2000. I posted a picture on another thread to ANNASDAD about this being my favorite glove of all time, harkens me back to the 70's, 80's, 90's when i was a young man traveling over the South East playing softball.

And what a perfect time of year, Thanksgiving, for all you guys to reflect on what each of us hold near and dear to our hearts. A time for giving Thanks for our many blessings, and for Giving of our selves to others.

With a heartfelt wish for everyone for a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving which many times includes a Homecoming for many families.