Nanos in the cold?

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I know there was some cold weather durability issue with the OG Nanos back when they came out, with recommendations not to hit them below 60, but I live in Wisconsin -- under 60 is an inevitability.

Just inherited an Omega, absolutely love it (especially because it ends stupid talk about magic bats), and am wondering if the arrival of the .52 has completely negated even the cold weather concerns? I already know I'm never gonna break it in reasonable temps, just want to be reassured I don't actually have to put it away in the fall.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Since you're very highly unlikely to return the bat to Anderson, what's the holdup? Swing away. If you don't think you can break that bat, then swing it.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
The hang up is I'd prefer not to break it and have to track down another. It's not like I can just go to any sporting goods store and pick up something comparable. No one makes a good singlewall anymore, aside from the so-fragile-it-may-as-well-be-ceramic DeMarini Steel.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Cold weather is going to takes its toll on any, I repeat any, singlewall metal bat, period. Nano's in my opinion were probably one of the more durable high performance singlewalls out there, only being bested by the Rip It REAP5 tanks. Pretty much everything else out there folded like like a nice bindle of cocaine in colder temps.

Back in the days of the 44/375's here in NorCal an OG Nano could last a few years at most; lets say for mathematical purposes 5 seasons, 12 games per season, 4 at bats per game, 2 people using it = 500 solid swings--Pretty good given an Ultimate Weapon with the same softballs might last 4 or 5 games (<100 swings). With the 52's I would double that. I got 2 OG Nanos right now going on 2 years usage solely with 52's and they are not even waving yet. Now that's in NorCal where maybe 10% of our games are played in temps below 60 degrees.

I wouldn't offer it up as a team bat in the fall but if you are using it for only 1 season in the fall, 50 or so swings you should be GTG. Just use it until you start to see the 1st signs of denting or waves then put it back in the bag for summer.

Swing away my man!

Speed Demon

Part Time Player
I just used my OG Nano with 52's last night in 59 degree weather in extreme No Cal. The ball jumped off the bat during the game. I didn't notice any waves or dents afterwards. I'll keep updating my progress for this summer with the bat. It's slowly becoming my favorite singlewall bat!

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Ha I'm in Wisconsin, so if I'm playing fall ball 59 is likely above the daily high at the end of the season =P

MaverickAH

The hang up is I'd prefer not to break it and have to track down another. It's not like I can just go to any sporting goods store and pick up something comparable. No one makes a good singlewall anymore, aside from the so-fragile-it-may-as-well-be-ceramic DeMarini Steel.

Not true! I've found the Easton Alloy Scandium's (both the Ronin & the older Salvo) to perform well. I've also heard good things about the newer Anderson Flex's.