ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

joeybats19

This shouldnt be a surprise anymore. Maybe FM parks and rec should just stop trying with these earlybirds, especially moorhead. At least the golf courses will open up and let us walk on their grass.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
You kind of have to schedule them on the off chance we get an early spring right? I think everyone knows not to expect to be playing, but it'd be sweet if we did.

Brandon Lang

Pro Tip
--as the season gets under way and you start entering tournaments. Your results are what your results are. No one cares if J-Smooth's wife found out about his side piece and won't let him play out of town tournaments anymore or that K-bomb had to meet with his parole officer and can't drive until October and wasn't able to catch a ride or that J-Wheels tweaked his hammy in his first at-bat. You show up, you win or lose and that's it.
--this might come as a shock to some but other teams players have lives outside of softball as well and their guys get injured and might not be at 100% for the whole weekend either.
Until next time.

bstark28

Starting Player
Well.... Who is it?

Jack of all trades athlete...former 1,000 point scorer at Barnesville, played Fall Ball with the Blonde Bombers along with last year's Class D runners up, but can slam Busch lattes with the best of them.....I'd assume a person could put the pieces together from there.

Last edited:

TI#15

Who won the "Free Agent" war for the coveted Josh and Silas Standing Elk in Bismarck? Asking for a friend...... thanks

注册重新

long917.com龙8注册鎹采唫18-88,首寸一千到账2000,佰加乐寸一万送2000v信q15959526310

i think its stupid how the box 3x whatever you call them can't play in c tournaments!

What exactly is stupid? They walked through C teams in ND last year and back to back years at state, so the "committee" made an executive decision to please the masses........Or are you saying 3X has not walked through the C teams of other states because they have not been successful enough at nationals so why punish them for being successful against lesser opponents? Please clarify softballstud87.

Either way, I think they are where they belong. Let someone else take the throne I say. Time to move on from the 3X reign.

Who's the favorite this weekend in Fargo???

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
i think its stupid how the box 3x whatever you call them can't play in c tournaments!

I will say this it does suck for 3X, and I understand where they are coming from and have spoken to those guys many times. The problem came where many of the other C teams felt they should be moved out of that division. In the end you have to look at what is fair the many rather than the few. MN and other states will bump their teams in the same situation as 3X. The probably is outside of Heartland we don't have any other B teams. Heartland got bumped because of finishes at Nationals. If 3X would've placed high enough at Nationals last year or won everyone of their tourneys outside of ND then it would've been automatic for them to be B. Making them C+ (but not eligible to play C only or C/D tourneys is the fairest approach for all in ND). 3X can still play C in other states

I know our team had no issue with them being C but I do understand where masses were coming from.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
How did the tourney go? Fields in good shape???
Fields were in great shape. I thought they'd be a little soggy yet but they really weren't bad.

As far as the tourney went the results I know are below:
Open:
MMB 3-0
Heartland 2-1
DMVW 1-2
Rhombus 0-3

Rec 1-2 was split into 2 tourneys but Johnny's Lounge won one and WTP/HH won the other.

That's about all I know.

How far does MMB move up the rankings after being the only ND team that had a good showing this past weekend? Did they do enough to pass the box and heartland? Or are they just the best in ND class C?

Im sure the box will use the excuse that they lost to the team that won it, and heartland will use the excuse that they were missing guys, but maybe neither team is as good as they think.

Last edited:

ming01

DMVWinning
MMB has a solid squad. They beat The Box a few times last year. It's still early, but should be considered one of the favs in the wide open C. Box/Heartland still at the top of ND.

Also, Heartland is still hitting vs DMVW :oops:

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Heartland was missing some pretty big pieces and so was the Box. It's too early in the year to tell anything off of one tourney.

mjhiggi07

Manager
Any teams in the C/D bracket need a pickup for Saturday the 12th Fargo? Played with RMI the past 3 years.

Micheal Higgins
701-213-5150

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Based on what was seen the past weekend in Fargo and this weekend in Mandan, the C is MMB's to lose in ND.
It's been 2 years since we've won a game at state. We haven't won a game at state since we became a C team. If we can get that monkey off our back I like our chances. Baby steps. lol.