ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

Lets get this party started....Its 2018, the season is approaching, people are starting to chatter. Here are my ranking for ND Softball. (upper only)

The Box- I hear they lost a few big spots and added a few. Can they hit their way out of every game? They will stay here until someone takes their crown.

Heartland- I heard they filled some holes on glaring needs, the are another year older though. Maybe the equipment was the issue last year? We will find out.

MMB- The Box's little sister. They seem to have a lot of talent, but can they get the right 10/11 guys on the field when it counts?

QC Concrete- This will be the team to watch this year, they made some big moves and added some high caliber talent. If they can stay out of the cooler they will likely be at the top of the mountain.

Anarchy- The Canadians had a good run last year, but I see them taking a step back this year. Its not equipment related though.

Eide- Young roster, a lot of PED's, these guys are fun to watch. They still have a ways to go though.

Mulligans- The best of the west! They are a team that always seems to be around.

Dvorak- Still likely to have the most unique uniform combo on the field, but the ego's will be this teams demise this year.

Corral/Inges- I have heard they combined this year, but I have also heard they lost some guys. Mergers never make it the first go around so that is why I have them this low.

Sickies- I don't remember seeing them play anything at the C level last year so this seems like a good spot.

Groundround/RMI- Not sure on either of these two. RMI has kind of ran its course from what I have seen, maybe ground round can fill in the pieces and make this GF dream come true.

The rest of you....better luck next year.

If you have better projections, lets hear it.

Howard13

Rhombus guys are young. They made a deep run at both state and nationals last year. Expect the same from them again as they won’t be playing D much longer

Howard13

Also a valid point. Watched DMVW play at rec1 state a few years ago and they’re such a solid team. Another team that’s also made their way up quick and they’ve got some sweet uniforms lol.

I see no objections to my rankings. I must have hit the proverbial nail on the head.

85 views and 1 response? C'mon ND Softball, join in the festivities.

NDSoftballJesus

The Rookie
These predictions are terrible - Obviously a Fargo guy, Those Fargo teams are ranked WAY to high... Even though Bismarck has been **** the last 3 years gotta show more respect!!! If that's the top team list for North Dakota I'm embarrassed for you and the state's condition of upper league softball - Get a clue.

WOAH, ask and you shall receive. I don't know if you read the thread title G-zus but this thread was made to drain the swamp.....In other words post a better rankings list.

G-zus when is the last time you posted anything of importance? You sound like a bitter bizzo guy who didn't get the love he felt was deserved. However, I am happy to read that you agree with the current status of softball out there. Get better I guess?

Howard13

You want rankings. I’ll give you mine, feel free to tear it apart lol.

C-MMB, Eide, Mulligans, Sports on Tap, Dvorak, Ground Round

D-Rhombus Guys, DMVW, MDI, Aftermath, ****son Law.
(In no particular order)

cheee

Diamond Dawg
All the chatter is in fun. I’ll just pick a few dark horses in each class. Well not D so much since I play in it and no need to give anyone ammo against my team. The last few years it’s been the same old talk “The Box” “MMB” after the run the Box has gone on the last few years they deserve it. What’s that saying “To be the man you have to beat the man” Quality Concrete is my dark horse along
Corral/Inges. Both teams have lots of talent. How it transitions to the field I guess we will see. As for the other C teams. It doesn’t matter who talks about you in the beginning of the season. All that matters who talks about ya at the end of the season. So whoever is balling the best come July/August thats the time.

Bomani Jones

I agree mostly with Verne, the "C" seems to be wide open, but I think after injuries and departures it should be either Eide or QC's to lose with Racine Plumbing being my dark horse. In the D I believe ****son Law is the new face of the D division along with the remainder of the Inges group that didn't jump to C without winning anything in the D. The rest is fairly accurate, Heartland will look to rise to be the top dog again and The Box/3X could take a step back since they can't beast up on the ND teams as much this summer.

Jalen Rose

MMB has to be the favorite in C right? A lot of talent there. Depends what corral does. They have some legit players, and if the combine with some of the inges guys from last year, they should be considered in the same breathe as MMB. QC is always tough, and Eide just keeps getting better. RMI hasn't done much in the last 7 years, maybe a combination of them and Ground Round, can produce better results. Anarchy will be as tough as anyone when then come down.
In D, DMVW has to be the favorite. ****inson law will hold their own, and depending on who the D teams, added and dropped, it will be up in the air. Always a fun time of the year, minus the snow. Good luck to everyone.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
C will be anyone's to take this season imo. I have no clue who has done what as far as players go down there but I know its always a closer field than most think.

As far as my Anarchy team goes we have lost 6 guys to retirements, moving away and maybe one or two being cut and have added 6 to fill the roster spots. I think we are better than last year but time will tell. We will be down at least 4 times this year in ND and once in MInnesota, Fargo May 12/13, Grand Forks June 2/3, Mcquades, Grand Forks July 7/8 and Firemans in the cities. Then possible for Fall state in Fargo also.

Good luck to all the teams lets hope this weather turns fast so we can get outside soon.

That being said we are hosting a tourney up here May 19/20 at Blumberg Softball Complex in Winnipeg. Great competition, great prizing and will be a great time. Contact me on here for more info or check out JMC softball on facebook. We would love to see some of you guys make the trip.

Anarchy #11 (Chad)

sendit69

Prediction Time, best time of the year! A time when every team can say they are the best until they have to prove it on the field which with the current weather situation will be mid May if we are lucky.

Class B/C+
The Box
Heartland

Class C
MMB
Sports on Tap
Mulligans
QC
Anarchy
Corral Bar
Ground Round
Dvorak
RMI

Class D
DMVW
Rhombus
Inges???
Corral bar???
D**kson Law
MDI
Aftermath
Burgess
Berger
Livewire???

Class C is wide open for the top 5 teams should be a much more competitive year now that The evil empire that is The Box has moved on to bigger and better things. MMB odds on favorite because they care the most. Only other team on the East side of the state that could push them will be QC but their give a **** meter when it comes to Sunday softball is about zero. Ground Round the toast of the town in Grand Forks and winners of D State last year has taken the title of best team in Grand Forks from RMI and should do well in Class C but can't hold MMB's or QC's jock just yet. West side of the state always seems to be a toss up between Sports on Tap, Mulligans, Dvorak and Corral just depends on the new additions/subtractions that have been made this off season.

Class D, Outside the usual suspects DMVW, Rhombus, Aftermath, MDI, and the new comer D**kson Law, there are lots of questions on what teams are still teams. Livewire after there run through D state last year rumors of going old pro or disbanding to avoid the bump to C. Inges and Corral bar will they still have representation in Class D or did they disband/combine and just roll with the Class C team? DMVW made some moves this off season and should be odds on favorite in D, but Rhombus is always solid and has had DMVW's number. MDI is a year older and rumor is it may be their last year so maybe they will go out on top. D**kson law is the dark horse they ran though Rec 1 State and E nats last year and are a young team on the rise how will they perform at the Class level.

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Good post Sendit.

C:
1 Bismarcks Top C team
2 MMB
3 Eide
4 QC
5 RMI
6 Sports on Tap

D:
1. Dmvw
2 Inges
3 ****son Law
4 Rhombus
5 Corral
6 MDI
7 ****inson Parke

Who knows what is happening in Bismarck, but Inges and Corral are both signed up for D in McQuades. I see a log jam in the top 5. Dmvw early fav getting a player back from Wild Rice, Rhombuses 3basemen, and Kerbaugh from Urgent med, and another player from Grand Forks.

Last edited:

NDSoftballJesus

The Rookie
Class B/C+
The Box
Heartland

Class C
Corral merger
Dvorak
Anarchy
MMB
QC
Sports on Tap
Mulligans

All this love for MMB the guys went what 0-2 at state last year? I know they didn't make Sunday, How can they be #1 in that division over 2nd place finisher Dvorak? Plus they got worse(MMB) No Johnny Dehaan with the weird knee injury, no Brueske, No Sumner and bertschi is a wild card. Yes they added the Hammer and Chauncey but the above 4 mentioned players are going to be tough to replace especially Dehaan who probably had his best hitting season last year of his career in the leadoff/2 hole for them and shuts down the middle of the field. At least these are the rumors circulating the streets and local pubs of North Dakota.

I think Bismarck will have the top spots in the C division at the end of the year. I'm also putting Anarchy above Fargo teams as well. They proved themselves to be more than loveable drinkers last year.

Keep the conversation going, nothing else to do until the snow melts

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Class B/C+
The Box
Heartland

Class C
Corral merger
Dvorak
Anarchy
MMB
QC
Sports on Tap
Mulligans

All this love for MMB the guys went what 0-2 at state last year? I know they didn't make Sunday, How can they be #1 in that division over 2nd place finisher Dvorak? Plus they got worse(MMB) No Johnny Dehaan with the weird knee injury, no Brueske, No Sumner and bertschi is a wild card. Yes they added the Hammer and Chauncey but the above 4 mentioned players are going to be tough to replace especially Dehaan who probably had his best hitting season last year of his career in the leadoff/2 hole for them and shuts down the middle of the field. At least these are the rumors circulating the streets and local pubs of North Dakota.

I think Bismarck will have the top spots in the C division at the end of the year. I'm also putting Anarchy above Fargo teams as well. They proved themselves to be more than loveable drinkers last year.

Keep the conversation going, nothing else to do until the snow melts

Man you must know more than me since Brueske and Sumner are both still on the team and playing with us. Dehaan is still exploring his knee to get checked out to get an answer. Bertschi is a wild card for sure but twe will deal with that.

With Dehaan exploring his knee, what will you do for a pitcher? We all saw the meltdown you had from pfeff laying down the law on your attempt at getting Chad to B. Instead of worrying about ndsoftballjesus ranking you middle/bottom, you should spend your energy mending that relationship with pfeff.

joeybats19

Well as it does suck to not be listed with the other C teams in the rankings, it is what it is. Looks to be pretty wide open from what I am seeing, cant sleep on Anarchy though, they played us well last year and definitely had a solid showing at tournies. QC snagged a couple guys from us which will for sure help them. MMB I am sure will be in the mix and they have plenty of talent. Never know what those bismarck teams have going on, but like I said, the C looks pretty open.

Side note: The snow is disappointing to say the least, but hey at least the Masters is on. The season is approaching.

el grande gato

Well as it does suck to not be listed with the other C teams in the rankings, it is what it is. Looks to be pretty wide open from what I am seeing, cant sleep on Anarchy though, they played us well last year and definitely had a solid showing at tournies. QC snagged a couple guys from us which will for sure help them. MMB I am sure will be in the mix and they have plenty of talent. Never know what those bismarck teams have going on, but like I said, the C looks pretty open.

Side note: The snow is disappointing to say the least, but hey at least the Masters is on. The season is approaching.

Why would that suck?

37_int

Coach
87ADA2BE-D041-41FE-908D-92E5CB9E59C1.jpeg
With Dehaan exploring his knee, what will you do for a pitcher? We all saw the meltdown you had from pfeff laying down the law on your attempt at getting Chad to B. Instead of worrying about ndsoftballjesus ranking you middle/bottom, you should spend your energy mending that relationship with pfeff.

Im just spitting facts INT.

The real question will be, who pitches for the Box? Jake is off to cali, so that leaves Vic full time? Could be a long year for those boys. I know I ranked them at the top, but that was based on last year. Maybe they belong middle of the pack....................I'm sure bormann will enlighten us with some hot takes though...................

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
I've heard The Box may have a pitcher from elsewhere? Also why wouldn't they allow Chad to drop to B imo makes sense for him to be B not B+. I also would like to see Heartland and The Box allowed to play in the C division of tourneys but that's me. Again C will be anyones to take imo this year good luck to all and lets hope this snow melts fast next week and we can get out soon.

bstark28

Starting Player

Close....just one, the other was "retired." But I agree with you.....IMO, I don't think there is a clear cut favorite in C this year, a handful of teams will be in contention.

Im just spitting facts INT.

The real question will be, who pitches for the Box? Jake is off to cali, so that leaves Vic full time? Could be a long year for those boys. I know I ranked them at the top, but that was based on last year. Maybe they belong middle of the pack....................I'm sure bormann will enlighten us with some hot takes though...................

They got a couple guys from State Farm (who won MN C State), so I wouldn't worry about The Box.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

Hey Vern it had nothing to do with Chad actually as it was something earlier in the year when we just asked for clarification on a different decision. If you look back it was in I think February on FB where I first went after Pfeff, Chad didn't appeal until March. I believe the decision from the National Committee was just revealed like Tues or Thursday. It was in response to him being condescending about ND in a conversation. I never said anything about the ranking as I feel we are in the middle even before Johnny just because we have to actually win some games at State. I just said saying that Brueske and Sumner being gone was incorrect.

As usual, I will welcome an in person conversation with anyone at anytime but you are a keyboard hero who hides behind a fake name. Good for you. I am glad you can chime in without knowing actually whats going on. There are a few of our Classification people who read these and at times post, I believe they would confirm I haven't ever voted to benefit my team. I vote every time to what I believe is right for that player and the team he is on or going to, although at times if someone doesn't really put in the effort into an appeal we go with the info the person took the time to provide.

Bomani Jones

Hey Vern it had nothing to do with Chad actually as it was something earlier in the year when we just asked for clarification on a different decision. If you look back it was in I think February on FB where I first went after Pfeff, Chad didn't appeal until March. I believe the decision from the National Committee was just revealed like Tues or Thursday. It was in response to him being condescending about ND in a conversation. I never said anything about the ranking as I feel we are in the middle even before Johnny just because we have to actually win some games at State. I just said saying that Brueske and Sumner being gone was incorrect.

As usual, I will welcome an in person conversation with anyone at anytime but you are a keyboard hero who hides behind a fake name. Good for you. I am glad you can chime in without knowing actually whats going on. There are a few of our Classification people who read these and at times post, I believe they would confirm I haven't ever voted to benefit my team. I vote every time to what I believe is right for that player and the team he is on or going to, although at times if someone doesn't really put in the effort into an appeal we go with the info the person took the time to provide.

DramaLlama

Top 10's

B/C
1. Box
2. Heartland
3. MMB - C
4. Eide
5. Quality Concrete
6. Dvorak Motors
7. Mulligans
8. Corral Bar - C
9. Anarchy
T10. Racine
T10. Sickies
T10. MMB - D

D
1. Dix & Law
2. Berger Chiropractic
3. DMVW
4. Rhombus
5. Burgess
6. Corral Bar - D
7. Kelly Chiropractic
8. Livewire
9. Aftermath
T10. MDI
T10. Center Merchants
T10. Wahus

E
1. Proz
2. IES
3. Urgent Med
4. GH Farms
5. Jones PT
6. Wolding Trucking
7. Blarney Stone
8. John Deere
9. The Bowler
10. Precision Concrete

Bormann9

Chad aka MBPlayer - It's because he (Chad Dahl) was rated B in 2017 (Was bumped to B when Adrenaline finished 1st at state I believe in MN 2016) on a C team last year that finished 3rd at C nationals and I think by rule they have to add a plus sign to all the B players on a C placing roster at nationals so they aren't allowed to play C the following year. I have no issues with Chad being B and playing C nationals etc. but I think they (ASA board / national people) are trying to establish some consistency in the letter system. My understanding of it is that for 1 year for sure the + sign and then he can petition down year two depending how his team does this year at B. It was similar to when Watty, Me and Hanson all played D as C players and we finished 3rd I believe in the D national in Fargo and the 3 of us got plus signs - granted it was C+ signs not B+ - B+ I agree restricts you much more especially in ND you essentially can't play any tourneys locally. I think this is how this works or at least the logic behind it.