ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Would've been a better option for you if you would've been at hitting.
I had family stuff going on unfortunately. I'll be at the next BP session, for my rec 4 team, which will be never since rec 4 teams don't take BP. I'll fit right in. ;)

bstark28

Starting Player
Ill take the easy route and just add my own personal notes.

Southgate - Look for them to sneak up on some teams and make some noise. Don't sleep on them, made some sneaky additions. WHO?

MMB - Bolstering the D! Adding a DMVW Infielder and also a former Bison Infielder. Won't need to outhit teams as much in 2019. Is this the year Dennis and Gullie pull away and start to dominate? Every year they are the Pre-Season #1. Adding a Lefty Pitcher with a bum knee who rakes! How many more years can they go in the C, without making any noise before they disband and go back to D?

Eide - Adding Elks from Corral Bar. Will have better showings with one year of C under their belts. Middle of the pack team at best...maybe

Anarchy - Adding Jody, Klev, Wrangham from 3X. They should fit right in with Flip and co. Except heard Klev is going to the Maniax of MN with Chad Dahl.

QC - Standing pat. Adding Shinguards11 for McQuades and possibly State. Targets on their back! Tony fielded some off-season offers, but decided to stay, doubt he regrets it. Heard Vic from 3x is headed here. They will need it because they cant afford another siver meltdown like they had at mcquades.

RMI - This is their swan song. Let's appreciate what they've given us for the better part of a decade. Much respect. Long live the GF legends.

Heartland - Adding Musch from 3X. Makes sense, can never have too many bench guys right? Per usual, heartland will have over scouted and he will greatly under acheive.

Dvorak - Merging with Dix&Law. Kinni+Hendo = Brains and Brawn! This will be an intriguing team, I fully anticipate them to stride past Eide and the ever dangerous Corral Bar.

Mulligans - Going back to D, but playing more Tournaments. Will be back in C in 2020. Story of ND softball, a D team playing C that would be E in minnesota.

Racine - Same roster, but will it equal same results? They will be D after this next season if they stay together.

Rumors/Hashers - Does any team have more heart and grit then this group. Very tight knit crew that are a tough out when they get rolling. The johnny hustles of ND usa softball.

Sickies - Adding their Pitcher back. Voted not-so-unanimously to bring him back on a no-tolerance policy. Another team that will play 4 tournaments all year until they can get back to D.

Johnnys Lounge - Young group looking for some respect. Time for them to earn it on the field. No predictions.

Super Team Mike&Myke - Roster about to be finalized, closing in on commitments from two Horsagers, Vic, Piatz and Dilbeck. This team will be interesting. Dilbeck will never leave heartland and will never get low enough to be on the team anyways. First year will be shaky, but second year together they will make strides. Heard they are picking up the dmvw shortstop too.

Corral Bar - Adding Blondebomber, Watson, Rocky and possibly one more 3X guy. Will be in the Final Four at McQuades like always. No team will party like these guys! Also heard hartman is heading here. With the addition of bormann watty rocky and hartman, this team will get the jolt it needed to take over the C again. A new king will emerge!

Wild Bills - No team has better team chemistry. Expect them to be even better in 2019, will be tough to stop. I would expect them to be alot better next year and see them on the podium more often.

These of course are predictions, my sources are typically sound. Bottom line, ND softball will be shaken up a lot next year with 3x guys gone with the wind.

Looks like I've got a few phone calls to make today....thanks for the heads-up!

BackSpinGawd

Step aside backspin goddess, and save your questionable posts for at least another 10 days.

I would love to get into this so called prediction action, but with north dakota softball relevance reaching an all time low, who would even care? What do you have, 3 teams that even leave the state to play? Maybe 4?

Anyways.

All that needs to be said, is Heartland/Anarchy will be the number one team, always has and always will. No one in the state will touch them and they will probably take down all the minnesota teams too. Made a few pick ups this year that will blow some minds.

The 3x fellas will have too many heavyweights to field a position, so if for some reason they decide they still want to play the open they will have a tough time stopping anyone from scoring. They should have stayed in the C where they belong. If or when they get back to C, they will walk through teams, until then they will be a door mat for the open unless they can pull a rabbit out of their ass and land some RPL's like myself.

MMB will definitely be a spotlight in the C. Who cares that the other try hard in north dakota won the C. MMB is the only team that actually challenges themselves to compete out of state. Yes qc, we know you go play watercade. Good for you. MMB will make strides and leave all other north dakota C teams in the dust and it wont be close.

That is all. The rest, who cares.

god bless,

The Back Spin Gawd

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Step aside backspin goddess, and save your questionable posts for at least another 10 days.

I would love to get into this so called prediction action, but with north dakota softball relevance reaching an all time low, who would even care? What do you have, 3 teams that even leave the state to play? Maybe 4?

Anyways.

All that needs to be said, is Heartland/Anarchy will be the number one team, always has and always will. No one in the state will touch them and they will probably take down all the minnesota teams too. Made a few pick ups this year that will blow some minds.

The 3x fellas will have too many heavyweights to field a position, so if for some reason they decide they still want to play the open they will have a tough time stopping anyone from scoring. They should have stayed in the C where they belong. If or when they get back to C, they will walk through teams, until then they will be a door mat for the open unless they can pull a rabbit out of their ass and land some RPL's like myself.

MMB will definitely be a spotlight in the C. Who cares that the other try hard in north dakota won the C. MMB is the only team that actually challenges themselves to compete out of state. Yes qc, we know you go play watercade. Good for you. MMB will make strides and leave all other north dakota C teams in the dust and it wont be close.

god bless,

The Back Spin Gawd

Heartland/Anarchy sounds interesting especially since Cornell responded on the Minnesota FB Page that they were not an Anarchy team.

Anyways.

god bless,

The Back Spin Gawd

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Gawd damnit I'm good. Thanks for the shout out!

Jim_Chimney

Yeah, I can totally see how you guys traveling out of State to get your asses consistently kicked increased the overall relevance of ND softball. Good call, chief~

BackSpinGawd

Yeah, I can totally see how you guys traveling out of State to get your asses consistently kicked increased the overall relevance of ND softball. Good call, chief~

Consistently? Please enlighten me. These consistent ass kickings do not ring a bell.

Chimney you must be one those "special" ND teams that shy away from a fight any time anyone at their level is "consistently" beating them, so you head to the boards to complain about classifications.

Im guessing you also don't feel any benefit from playing better competition? Gawd forbid you test yourselves. Wallowing in the shallows is much more safe, and fun, right?

Just bring your pen and paper and maybe have your camera ready, I would hate to have you miss anything while you watch my team with your face smashed against the fence. Pro-tip: beware the fence marks.

Anyways.

god bless,

The Back Spin Gawd

Great effort at rattling the cages backspin, but I think you are bit fuzzy on the big picture.....

That try hard you mentioned won C state. Everyone cares. Thats all that matters in ND. There is nothing higher. The other team you mention that will be better because they travel hasn't won anything meaningful since their D escapade. So QC is the team to beat, whether you like it or not......I would fully expect QC to be a force when it counts.

I think the doormat statement for 3x is a bit harsh, considering they beat plenty of open teams last year including your king of the hill team, Heartland. Granted they laid an egg against them sunday, I dont think anyone forgot 3x 15 ran them at mcquades, and it wasnt that close. I believe Geno was there too. They also had a good game against the monsta team and lost to time limit? That said, I think Heartlands pickups will be the difference maker for them this year if they all show up, dont get me wrong. The heartland nationals team is a totally different team. But 3x is definitely not a doormat. That said, we will see if they even have a team.

I love this banter though. Lets keep this going during these slow days.

VL

Jim_Chimney

Consistently? Please enlighten me. These consistent ass kickings do not ring a bell.

Ohhh, you're stuck on the semantics here.. I gotcha. I figured you just didn't recall most of the beatings due to your liquor intake, which would be more than understandable since after all.. we're all adults playing slow-pitch ball in one of the worst regions of the country for it~

Let's agree to just call them "regular" ass-kickings rather than "consistent." Does that make you feel like you're more relevant among the dozens & dozens of Class teams across the state of ND? I hope so. Your misguided ego could seemingly use a little off-season boost from somebody other than yourself ;)o_O

WreckND

Dear Class Softball of ND,

Word from the wise. As hard as it is for you girls to keep your egos together for more than a year before you cut your aging talent, realize the Rec leagues are no longer furnishing juice for you to steal. I've realized I'm the only talent left in the Rec barrel. Before you slide into my DM, know that I'm all Rec Ball. Your "Let's gooooo" cheers and your Nascar jerseys aren't enough. Before you are tempted with the thought "he probably sucks", just remember I walk into work with a .900 average i put up in front of a bunch of hot rec 3 air base wives. You dum dum's probably beat yourself up all month after you hit a fence scraper for an out. Lighten up fellas. ND competitive softball is over. Embrace your roots. Come back to your home.

For real tho, could use a couple class D guys willing to play in the devils lake area.

Just heard of MMB's underwhelming finish at the vegas worlds tournament? Any truth to this? Can anyone verify what they finished? Is anyone surprised? I also heard the teams they played looked like rec teams? Any truth to this? My sources are typically accurate and honest. Was it just a bad tournament for them, because guys havent been playing? Or is it that, they are what everybody thinks they are? Asking for a friend.

WreckND

Just heard of MMB's underwhelming finish at the vegas worlds tournament? Any truth to this? Can anyone verify what they finished? Is anyone surprised? I also heard the teams they played looked like rec teams? Any truth to this? My sources are typically accurate and honest. Was it just a bad tournament for them, because guys havent been playing? Or is it that, they are what everybody thinks they are? Asking for a friend.
Watch your mouth pal.

They were 2-0 and lost to the 3rd place team in the last inning.......

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Turns out, we don't care what everybody thinks we are. We had a blast in Vegas and played against some really good, non-ND teams. Did it go the way that we wanted? No, but lets just say that I think Vegas got the best of us and we easily could have beat any team in that tourney. But we didn't. It happens.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

Again, you are always so spot on and your information and analysis has forced me to realize MMB needs to fold just for the good of all of us. Free Agent Fire Sale

BackSpinGawd

At least they went to vegas and played Vern, what did you do? Sit on your computer and watch while telling yourself how much better you would have done? Get a clue nerd. You and the rest of the "Can Not's". Just stick to your 2 tourneys a year and squawk at those who like to play competitively and actually take it serious, because they "have no lives" or "cant give up the dream". If you actually possessed the skills to be good enough maybe someone would have asked you to play. Or maybe your team would do something other than the carny tour. I am guessing you are the type that chalks up every loss to your team being "too drunk". Or because you "don't care" and its just "slow pitch"...well you know what they say about excuses, They are lies we tell ourselves so it doesn't have to be our fault.

Anyways, lots of juicy details roaming around rumor central. I won't share yet, but I am hearing a lot of chatter about a few different teams.

Gawd Bless

Billy Packer

Softball in December is about having a good time. Does it really matter how they did??

Rumors... backspingawd should enlighten us.

BSBR

Starting Player
So lost our sponsor last year, and looking for some tips on getting a new one. Any advice on what the benefits of sponsorship are, and also what amount is reasonable to ask for? Thanks for your help!

WreckND

So lost our sponsor last year, and looking for some tips on getting a new one. Any advice on what the benefits of sponsorship are, and also what amount is reasonable to ask for? Thanks for your help!
1. I usually can spot the horrible people out there with all the bars as sponsors. They are 100% ok with taking money from miller lite and drown their sh*tty sorrows away with budlight all night in the parking lot. Then they complain when they dont get sponsored again.

2. Its hilarious watching how much time and energy a team goes through to find a sponsor only to get a hideous logo and jersey. YES, I DONT HAVE TO PAY $30 FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR OF SOFTBALL!!! THESE FREE DAYCARE SHIRTS ARE KILLER! It's amazing guys will buy $50 a week in beer, yet are no where to be seen when the manager asks for a $30 league fee and $20 hat/shirt package.

Man up and pay for your own sh*t.

-never been sponsored guy

BSBR

Starting Player
1. I usually can spot the horrible people out there with all the bars as sponsors. They are 100% ok with taking money from miller lite and drown their sh*tty sorrows away with budlight all night in the parking lot. Then they complain when they dont get sponsored again.

2. Its hilarious watching how much time and energy a team goes through to find a sponsor only to get a hideous logo and jersey. YES, I DONT HAVE TO PAY $30 FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR OF SOFTBALL!!! THESE FREE DAYCARE SHIRTS ARE KILLER! It's amazing guys will buy $50 a week in beer, yet are no where to be seen when the manager asks for a $30 league fee and $20 hat/shirt package.

Man up and pay for your own sh*t.

-never been sponsored guy

Wow, what great insight. You certainly are super cool, thanks for the great advice, ya ****ing douchebag.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

BSBR- do you play in Fargo? Fargo softball league is a Nonprofit so your sponsor can right a check directly to Fargo USA Softball and it is considered a charitable donation on some level, not an account so can't speak to fully how that shakes out w/ taxes but those are benefits for you.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
BSBR, you should do what one of my teams does.... There are lots of smaller town tournaments around Bismarck that pay prize money, just win a couple of them and you don't need a sponsor. Easy money baby!

BackSpinGawd

Also, is there any truth that a bunch of GF teams are combining for a stacked tournament roster?

At what level does a "stacked" GF roster play? I would assume C, being they have teams that play the C.

Maybe not.

What does a "stacked" GF roster accomplish? A finish in the 5th or 6th spot in the 3 tournaments they will play all year. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that town has produced more disappointment in the past few years than the 3x team.

Heard through the grapevine that 3x is not folding and has made some off season moves? Their only hope is that they trimmed the fat and got back down to C where they belong. It won't be fun for them to be the team that the open teams hope they draw each weekend for a warm up game.

Gawd Bless

joeybats19

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that town has produced more disappointment in the past few years than the 3x team.

Heard through the grapevine that 3x is not folding and has made some off season moves? Their only hope is that they trimmed the fat and got back down to C where they belong. It won't be fun for them to be the team that the open teams hope they draw each weekend for a warm up game.

Gawd Bless

Jeeze, thanks for the vote of confidence ole buddy. We can hold a private try out for you if you think you can help us. We're gonna need your confidence.

Last edited: