ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

Fukboy

Dear Class Softball of ND,

Word from the wise. As hard as it is for you girls to keep your egos together for more than a year before you cut your aging talent, realize the Rec leagues are no longer furnishing juice for you to steal. I've realized I'm the only talent left in the Rec barrel. Before you slide into my DM, know that I'm all Rec Ball. Your "Let's gooooo" cheers and your Nascar jerseys aren't enough. Before you are tempted with the thought "he probably sucks", just remember I walk into work with a .900 average i put up in front of a bunch of hot rec 3 air base wives. You dum dum's probably beat yourself up all month after you hit a fence scraper for an out. Lighten up fellas. ND competitive softball is over. Embrace your roots. Come back to your home.

For real tho, could use a couple class D guys willing to play in the devils lake area.
Brutal

NDSoftballJesus

The Rookie
90 days until 2019 is underway - let's get some rumors flying.

Pre-Season 2019 ND Rankings:
1) Heartland - Added some good players to combine with a B National Champion squad - Will be #1 in ND and toward the end of the year when the full team is playing should have a shot at Fireman's again, some MN tourneys but that A national will be tough if they even play it.
2) 3x Gear - No idea whats going on here but it's not difficult to be #2 in ND
3) Quality Concrete - 3rd Place in ND after winning C State
4) ****son Law - Putting them 4th as no one can beat them and they actually win tournaments - I bet they make a run in the C in ND
5) MMB - Should be higher but they never win a big tournament - ever.
6) Super Team Bismarck- New C team shuffling in Bismarck - should be good
7) Kinni - Should also be a solid C team - Not sure what the team name will be - likely Dvorak
6) Super Team Fargo - Some old some new but this creation should be very good - Playing D I believe
7) There are all sorts of D teams picking up C players - Is 2019 the year of the D? Bismarck should have a few nice new teams in the D.

Notable folds - Corral Bar is done - End of an era ... The master of the McQuade co-champions

I hope everyone has fun with the predictions above

Derby Pitcher

In the market for a new bat. Whats everyone planning on swinging this year?
I’ve picked up the new line of Anarchy bats. Demon, Diablo, Firestick, and Buck. Haven’t swung any of them yet, but supposedly they hit the 52’s really well. Doesnt matter for me, I’m a walking double play though.

chile

Bad Ape
I’ve picked up the new line of Anarchy bats. Demon, Diablo, Firestick, and Buck. Haven’t swung any of them yet, but supposedly they hit the 52’s really well. Doesnt matter for me, I’m a walking double play though.

be interesting to see if you notice any difference between the 2pc and 1pc bats...I mean difference between demon and firestick, diablo and buck.

Bormann9

Swung a Anarchy diablo a little bit in Fall League and Felton Fall classic. Weather was colder so I'm not sure if it was a good indication but they were very good - I hear they get even better as you break them down - looking forward to that. I've swung Monsta Bombadiers for the past 3 years and I prefer a 1 piece. I've heard the Demon is "Better" I honestly think they are all good - just swing what you like best. I think Anarchy is a great option if you are looking for something other than Monsta. Nice to have another option after Monsta was dominating the market in ASA for the past 3-5 years.

King James

1) Heartland - Added some good players to combine with a B National Champion squad - Will be #1 in ND and toward the end of the year when the full team is playing should have a shot at Fireman's again, some MN tourneys but that A national will be tough if they even play it.
4) ****son Law - Putting them 4th as no one can beat them and they actually win tournaments - I bet they make a run in the C in ND
7) Kinni - Should also be a solid C team - Not sure what the team name will be - likely Dvorak
6) Super Team Fargo - Some old some new but this creation should be very good - Playing D I believe
7) There are all sorts of D teams picking up C players - Is 2019 the year of the D? Bismarck should have a few nice new teams in the D.

Notable folds - Corral Bar is done - End of an era ... The master of the McQuade co-champions

Has anyone heard of a team from Page ND making the jump to C?

rock2131

Extra Hitter
Since it's very very very cold out and work is about as slow as molasses on Jan 30th in Fargo. I'll pass some time with a post.

First off winter sucks, but the new HiTrax league in Fargo is something to look forward to during the week. It's less about the softball and more about the **** talking and latte drinking, but still a good time even though the HiTrax has many flaws that is to be expected still fun tho.

This winter off season has to have the most off season rumors and roster moves in quite some time. Seems like every week there is a new rumor of a team folding, a new team starting, a team moving up or down a class, players moving teams. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out in April.

Lastly I won't do any projections because it's way too early and I honestly have no clue what teams are coming back, what new teams are playing and in what class those teams will be in, so until that first early bird in April all Open teams are chasing Heartland all C teams are chasing QC and all D teams are chasing DMVW(since D*ckson Law and Custer Flats are in C).

DramaLlama

Only a few months until the 2019 Season is here - let's break this down.

Pre-Season 2019 Rankings:
1) Heartland - Not many additions, but didn't need to make any. Will be #1 in ND and should be Top 2 in all MN Tournaments. If they can add a few pieces for the A and the Super, should do well there.
2) 3x Gear - With the attempted Tryon Gym merger falling through, will they have enough guys to play a full schedule? Could be a new roster every weekend, which may benefit them in the long run.
3) Quality Concrete - Best North Dakota team. If Heartland didn't have the Midwest Swing guys and 3X didn't have the Brainerd guys could either beat QC in a best of 5? Ponder that.
4) Richardson Law - All they do is WIN WIN WIN. Should be no difference in the C ranks.
5) MMB - Keep an eye on MMB. Rumor is this is their last year together and they want to go out on top.
6) Super Team Bismarck- New C team. 3-4 team's players that all want to travel to the bigger tournaments.
7) Dvorak - Should also be a solid C team - Kinni is still the best Manager in the State and that counts for something.
6) Super Team Fargo - Some old, Some new, Some borrowed, Some appealing down - Playing D, but will be C in 2020.
7) Corral Bar - Rumors of their demise have been greatly exaggerated. Lost a few guys, but still will be a force.
8-10: Many D teams have added C ranked players. 2019 might be the Year of the D.

Last edited:

lockadeesh

Can anyone shed some light on this supposed Fargo "super team"??

Bormann9

Tryon merger and brainerd guys lol - no one on our team is from brainerd - we asked Chad Dahl to play and were turned down for the 5th straight year - hardly a merger.

Last edited:

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Didnt know a team needed 2 mi(y)kes to do book

Is Fargo doing any hittrax tourneys soon..?? Wknd stuff and not crazy expensive...

Sioux falls did one but it was 70 bucks a player.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
Tanhoff - C player
Ruud - C player
Wentz - D player
Jirik - C player
Thornton - C player
S. Piatz - A player
B. Piatz C player
Vic - B player
Hauser - C player
Beach D player
Wang - C player
Behnke - C player
Larson - C player
Dilbeck - A player
Redhead twins E player's
Tork - NA
Sam - NA

Looks like the State board will be flooded with Fargo Super Team petitions, If this is the actual roster(which I doubt it is) playing D with the limited HRs would actually hurt them.

Mtanhoff

That is a 100% factual roster, and we've now decided it's best to play rec 4 to work on our bat control. Also, please believe everything you read on the internet.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
That is a 100% factual roster, and we've now decided it's best to play rec 4 to work on our bat control. Also, please believe everything you read on the internet.

I know it's not factual or is it???? And i believe if you are a new team you should start at rec 4 and work your way up, you know really earn it. Why should you just be given a classification based on a group of individuals on team.

I'd like to help clear the air on MY Fargo Super Team, first off I want to thank all of you for your interest in the secret super team I have assembled. We are already the best D team in Fargo and I am confident we will be the best C team in Fargo before seasons end.

For those of you that don't know who I am (if you have ever played softball in ND you already do), I am the brightest softball mind in the State of ND, creator of Fargo's Super team and soon to be Manager of Multiple State and McQuades Championships.

Now to shed some light on a few of the rumors going around about MY Super Team. It is true we have multiple Division 1 athletes, some of the top power hitters in the State and even a former professional athlete. We also have the best base coach in the State and best manager in the State (sorry Nick you have been dethroned). You may be asking yourself how I am able to assemble all these athletes and still be a legal D classified team, well if you are wondering that you obviously don't understand the power I wield in ND State Softball. When I say jump the softball board says "how high", yeah it's like that. I hope the rest of the D teams in the State have fun playing for second place, you've been warned.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
I'd like to help clear the air on MY Fargo Super Team, first off I want to thank all of you for your interest in the secret super team I have assembled. We are already the best D team in Fargo and I am confident we will be the best C team in Fargo before seasons end.

For those of you that don't know who I am (if you have ever played softball in ND you already do), I am the brightest softball mind in the State of ND, creator of Fargo's Super team and soon to be Manager of Multiple State and McQuades Championships.

Now to shed some light on a few of the rumors going around about MY Super Team. It is true we have multiple Division 1 athletes, some of the top power hitters in the State and even a former professional athlete. We also have the best base coach in the State and best manager in the State (sorry Nick you have been dethroned). You may be asking yourself how I am able to assemble all these athletes and still be a legal D classified team, well if you are wondering that you obviously don't understand the power I wield in ND State Softball. When I say jump the softball board says "how high", yeah it's like that. I hope the rest of the D teams in the State have fun playing for second place, you've been warned.

This new account has the same troll level feel as the TI#15 and Manager Shaun Hendo accounts.

Redsfan

Bragging about having the best D team in ND is like bragging about being the tallest midget.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Bragging about having the best D team in ND is like bragging about being the tallest midget.
Other than the Reds does Ohio even have a softball team? And leave the tall midget alone, he gets all the cookies off the counter for the rest of them. He's a saint and deserves his bragging rights!