ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

MagicMan101

How come the number of upper teams in the state of ND continues to drop yearly?
Rumor is SOT is done in Minot and with QC/Pink It merger?

I understand Heartland and 3x are on a different level than those upper teams but most people don’t even see them besides Michelob Golden and McQuades

With that being said what is the newest rumor mill flying for 2020?

NotRumorsSoftball

I understand Heartland and 3x are on a different level than those upper teams but most people don’t even see them besides Michelob Golden and McQuades

The thought process behind most players is that they would rather win a trophy. They compete in the upper division but they lose the close games or go. 500 in tournaments. They'd rather play in a lower division blowout every team and feel better about themselves at the end of summer by saying they were state champs.

BSBR

Starting Player
I wonder if our Rec system (1,2,3,4) contributes to this. Is there really that big of a difference between rec 2 and rec 1, or rec 1 and D? This system leads to our D and C divisions being very top heavy, as in teams dont stay there unless they are winning tournaments, even if they are .500. Look at Fargo/west fargo. They have hundreds of teams, but like 4 rec 1 or higher teams. League directors never move anyone up unless its mandated, even if a team is clearly underclassed. League directors should move teams up to where they are a .500 team. Not leave some rec 3 team that wins 80% of their games. Although, it does seem ND has gotten a little more aggressive on moving teams up recently. And softball is thriving in ND compared to other states, so we must be doing something right. I say get rid of one rec division, the Rec 3- horrible teams, rec 2- teams that only have a couple horrible players, rec 1- teams that have a decent RF. Or Maybe a % of teams classified per level. So each association would be required to have 5% C, 10% D, 15% rec 1, 20% rec 2, 25% rec 3, 25% rec 4. So a small association with 20 teams would have to have 1 C, 2 D, 3 rec 1, 4 rec 2, 5 rec 3, 5 rec 4. Or maybe just minimum % at each level. At least 2% must be C, 5% must be D. Something like that, some system to force league directors to move teams up

Last edited:

bstark28

Starting Player

I'll address the QC piece....there was no merger. Two of our guys decided to leave for Pink It, as they play a bigger schedule, comprised of more tournaments and they wanted to play as much as they could....can't fault them for that, when our tourney schedule has always been pretty minimal. However, we did have an additional five guys decide to hang it up about a month ago (for various reasons), which left us with a returning six players...so, we thought it best to enjoy the run we went on the last few years and move on.

bstark28

Starting Player
How was Pink it formed?

Didn't they break off from another C team the previous year in order to play in D and run the table? (Another Bull**** fix by the Gullie Family-Monsta Mafia)

QC won C in 2018 (2018 Class C Tournament Bracket) only to get worked over by Grand Forks RMI in 2019.
(Which is funny because after they won it in 2018 , QC was chirping about being on 3x and Heartlands level)

Now look at you jobbers!

QC / Pink Merger? ....lol.....glad there is no merger....can't wait to see these fun boys get worked over once again for trying to manipulate the system.

WAR GRAND FORKS SOFTBALL!

#Wild Bills
#RMI
#Rumors Hashers
#Southgate

Um, yeah...that never happened, but I appreciate the effort.

BackSpinGawd

When are the pre season power rankings coming out?

ND Elite- Heartland
ND Upper- Tharaldson (3x)

ND C-
1) RMI- To be the best you gotta beat the best.
2) Pinkit- So much hype heading into the season, they have to rank here.
3) ****son Law- The young guns will make the jump after a year under their belt.
4) Mulligans- They just keep hanging around.
5) Dvorak Motors- Middle of the pack seems safe as they can go either way depending who shows up.
6) Eide-- Same expectation as Dvorak.
7) Sports on Tap- This one is a wild card, appealing?
8) MMB- seems like a fair spot given there track record.
9) Wild Bills- I am assuming they appealed.

ND D-
1) Aftermath- all day, it's only fair after taking runner up to Pink it.
2) Proz- seems like a logical spot for these guys.
3) Rumors- because Shogun will post 20 youtube videos if they aren't top 3.
4) Rhombus Guys- definitely a team that can get hot.
5) Dahme- love this group, these guys can walk it and talk it.
6) Corral Bar- Made a decent run at State last year, so this is a fair spot.
7) DMVW- major let down with too much upside. I heard rumors they disbanded, but if they didn't they are 7th.
8) Custer Flats- This team laid an egg at state so they get 8th, but I know they have more potential.
9) Burgess- they may not agree with this spot, but too bad, be better.
10) Titan Resources
11) IES
12) Driftwood
13-whatever) I am sorry for not listing you.

Rec-someone else can do this.

BSG out

Last edited:

NDSoftballJesus

The Rookie
Open:
Heartland / Tharaldson - Would you even consider these teams "North Dakota" teams anymore? I guess Tharaldson at least has a majority of their players in ND 6-7ish... HL has what 3-4 starters still left in ND?

C:
Eide
PinkIt
RMI
****son Law
Dvorak Motors
MMB
Mulligans
Wild Bills

leemcclure

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking for a team this year. Just moved back to Watford city/williston area. Played u trip e and d class in Georgia. Outfielder

NDrecBaller

Power Rankings/Rumor Mill

C
Pink It-Fargo Super Team. Should be fun to watch
Eide- Bismarck Super Team. They will win Mcquades and that’s about it. But should make a run at state.
RMI- Grand Forks had their moment in the spot light last year. Short lived back to reality this year
****son- no longer ****son. Heard ManagerShaunHendo kicked off the guys with the connections to the money(smart move) they have added some good players. Heard rumors of a couple heartland rejects. If this is true they move up the list. But still the most hated team in NoDak

D

Custer Flats- can the young guns stay sober for a weekend and win some stuff?? I believe they do it hungover as all hell.

DMVW- is this they year they finally live up to the hype? I believe they can

Aftermath- who will they have this year? Getting older but can still get it done

Proz- is this still a team?? Heard rumblings that some went to DMVW.

ming01

DMVWinning
I'm bored, so what are the odds we play before July? What are the odds we play at all? Prepare for McQuades to not happen.

LongHaul27

Star Player
Let’s be real here all tournaments through May will be canceled. June I give it a 25% chance of something being played. At this point you have to think McQuades has to to cancelled just to many people hopefully they will consider moving it to later date. July 50/50 we start playing. Hopefully we can get some good weekends in the later half of the summer into fall.

Let’s say we start up late July. I think Bismarck Fargo Grand Forks and Minot should all get a weekend to host a tournament move state back a couple weeks and keep nationals on schedule. Then Fall tournaments can go from there.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Let’s be real here all tournaments through May will be canceled. June I give it a 25% chance of something being played. At this point you have to think McQuades has to to cancelled just to many people hopefully they will consider moving it to later date. July 50/50 we start playing. Hopefully we can get some good weekends in the later half of the summer into fall.

Let’s say we start up late July. I think Bismarck Fargo Grand Forks and Minot should all get a weekend to host a tournament move state back a couple weeks and keep nationals on schedule. Then Fall tournaments can go from there.

I was wondering about McQuades. I've been up there from CO the last two years for it. At this point I don't really see it happening.

LongHaul27

Star Player
Now with whispers of the season starting sooner than later let’s discuss. Top 5 teams from ND
1) Heartland “although not many guys left form ND on the tournament team you still have to put them here”
2) Tharaldson “should be better now they cut ties with a lineup controlling sponsor. Lineup is solid from top to bottom only potential problems is the OF time will tell how they shape up out there.”
3) RMI “haven’t heard much coming from the boys north of the wall but If they kept the band together they will be as tough as they get at the C”
4) Pink It Forward “cherry picked some guys from QC and adding Dilbeck will help round their roster out to make them a team to watch out for. Lots of veterans will help them play in the big moments but injuries could add up fast and leave them limping at the end of the year”
5) Dvorak “Kinni gets all the pieces of the puzzle put together and looks to make a run to be the best in the west”

NotRumorsSoftball

Cancelled ...

giphy.gif

And once again All Eyes shift to the only Tournament that matters!

The 2020 Grand Forks July Classic!
All grand forks tournaments are canceled

MagicMan101

King of the Spring
Bismarck May 30-31st

First time for teams to show the Rec League All Stars that are trying their hand in the upper ranks

Rumor is every C team is going to be there granted there are less than 10
Early preview of the state tournament

Going to be good to see some action back on the diamonds

Howard13

Not that I care, but I do find it funny MMB puts the D to Eide after their mouthy off-season. Knock knock, who's there. Eide. Eide who? Second place that's who.
Not that I care either but it’s barely June and it’s 1 tournament.

37_int

Coach
Quality post. We’re all looking forward to your second one. If you’re gonna trash people online at least hashtag properly.