ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

Quality post. We’re all looking forward to your second one. If you’re gonna trash people online at least hashtag properly.
Sorry sir didn’t mean to trash anyone, just the rumor I heard from a reliable MMB source. I hope you have a great season and keep yourself and the rona in Fargay. #is thisproperly? #hashtag #Middle #middle #bunt

Oh Hey Manager, please don’t be homophobic. Big cat will be more butt hurt than the time his teammates had their way with him. Let’s just say that guy doesn’t get much cat.

BSBR

Starting Player
What are everyone's thoughts on the mat ball?

Lot less bitching about balls and strikes. It seems most umpires in ND called it by where it landed anyway, so not a huge change. Its not as bad as I thought it would be, its actually starting to grow on me. I wish it was about 2-3 inches wider though, the strike zone is a little tight.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
mouthy offseason? Please explain that one
Yeah I don't live in Bismarck so I don't know what's said behind closed doors but i didnt hear a word out of Eide. Only mouthy team this offseason i know if was Pink It (who is a good team) and only a select few guys on the team. With that said I still think Eide is the team to beat in C this year.

Jim_Chimney

Oh Hey Manager, please don’t be homophobic. Big cat will be more butt hurt than the time his teammates had their way with him. Let’s just say that guy doesn’t get much cat.

Wooooow.. talk about some pathetic retro trolling. You're going with late 90s Yahoo chat homophobic trash talk..? You must be like.. realllllllly fkin cool and super talented lmfao I can't wait to see what your pea-brain comes up with next~

Seriously though, stfu. Or if you're feelin' froggy/drunk, DM me and we can meet up during this weekends tourney. Either way, you'll inevitably prove yourself as a true pu$$y ;)

#JakesComingOutParty

ihatepeople

Yeah I don't live in Bismarck so I don't know what's said behind closed doors but i didnt hear a word out of Eide. Only mouthy team this offseason i know if was Pink It (who is a good team) and only a select few guys on the team. With that said I still think Eide is the team to beat in C this year.

must just be some guys that don’t like edie bringing them down, and wanting to see them fail

Mark Davis

The Rookie
So what was everyone's impression of the Tournament this weekend, outside of obviously just not being the same as being at McQuades.

1) Bracket setup- how bad was the bracket setup in the Open. I mean this was beyond bad never seen a team go 0fer and get a bye.
2) Heartland- Damn is King fast, no matter how many teams I've seen him play in person or online it still impresses me. Hard to believe it was the first tourney of the year for them.
3) Tharaldson- nice weekend win. Chad rolling that ball in the championship to first was hilarious, right? Saw that the Big Bossman Gary even came out to watch his team.
4) Pink It Forward- am I allowed to still call them that since aren't Myk and Tork kicking him to the curb. Oops maybe that is next year, we will have to wait for one of Myk's 30 different profiles on here to respond.
5) MMB- chokes again to not get that C money like PIF did. A couple chances to beat RR and just weren't good enough again.
6) Rivers Ridge- 2nd place finish with some Ts guys. Those Pink tops are loud but probably not as loud as the reaction would've been if they turned that Triple Play against Heartland in the Loser's Out Game.
7) West teams- its too bad it didn't work to get any out to come play.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
ND Elite- Heartland
ND Upper- Tharaldson (3x)

ND C-
1) RMI- To be the best you gotta beat the best.
2) Pinkit- So much hype heading into the season, they have to rank here.
3) ****son Law- The young guns will make the jump after a year under their belt.
4) Mulligans- They just keep hanging around.
5) Dvorak Motors- Middle of the pack seems safe as they can go either way depending who shows up.
6) Eide-- Same expectation as Dvorak.
7) Sports on Tap- This one is a wild card, appealing?
8) MMB- seems like a fair spot given there track record.
9) Wild Bills- I am assuming they appealed.

ND D-
1) Aftermath- all day, it's only fair after taking runner up to Pink it.
2) Proz- seems like a logical spot for these guys.
3) Rumors- because Shogun will post 20 youtube videos if they aren't top 3.
4) Rhombus Guys- definitely a team that can get hot.
5) Dahme- love this group, these guys can walk it and talk it.
6) Corral Bar- Made a decent run at State last year, so this is a fair spot.
7) DMVW- major let down with too much upside. I heard rumors they disbanded, but if they didn't they are 7th.
8) Custer Flats- This team laid an egg at state so they get 8th, but I know they have more potential.
9) Burgess- they may not agree with this spot, but too bad, be better.
10) Titan Resources
11) IES
12) Driftwood
13-whatever) I am sorry for not listing you.

Rec-someone else can do this.

BSG out

Well this post didn't hold up well... #mmbeatthoseguys

BackSpinGawd

Clearing the air: What is the point of 4 recs? How about if you don't have a national tournament to play for your class, your class doesn't exist? What is the difference between rec 3 and rec 4? What is the difference between D, Rec 1 and Rec 2? I'm not trying to be a ****, which I usually am, but I would honestly appreciate someone explaining those differences to me. If a rec 1-4 team wants to play nationals, the lowest they can play is E right? Maybe just make it A, B, C, D, E, church. That is why the D and C are so small, also because the D national shows up in ND randomly. Cue the western ND C teams appeal to D this year, cuz it will happen. But hey, that's where the money is right?

Clearing the air cont'd: I would say, Custer and Burgess welcome to C, but they will probably fold. C is too hard right? Can't beat MMB, Eide, RMI and pinkit so why bother. Sad to say, but the C will never grow. C state should be a fun 3 or 4 team round robin.

Bold Prediction: Speaking of the C, I gotta think MMB is the favorite right? Word is Dilly is back in center. Who is going to beat that team? Not sure who pink it added with the loss of dilly, but MMB will be the next 3x gear or heartland. Mark it. Who else will make that jump? There is maybe 3 teams in ND that play C and stay C so one of them has to be the one to make the move eventually?

There are the rumors, no idea on rankings cuz I am sure it will change with appeals and teams folding.

BSG-out

BSBR

Starting Player
Agree that 4 Recs is probably too many, and it definitely does drive down the number of D and C teams in the state. Just 4 more classifications for people to sandbag in. The argument for it is the number of teams ND has compared to other states per population. More divisions makes for more teams able to be competitive. Also, if you combined the Rec divisions like 90% of teams would never have a shot to win a tournament. Likely leading to decreased participation. The difference between a Rec 4 team and Rec 1 team is usually a huge gap.

As far classifying teams west vs east, its pretty messed up that Fargo had only 5 C/D teams play in tournaments last year (2020). Other cities number of C/D teams:
Bismarck=7
Grand Forks=4
Williston=4
Mandan=3
Minot=3
****inson=1

2019 C/D teams by City
Fargo= 5
Bismarck= 10
Grand Forks= 4
Williston= 4
Mandan= 2
Minot= 6
****inson= 1

So our most populous city is fielding about as many C/D teams as Williston. West Fargo is fielding as many C/D teams as gwinner. So which cities exactly are sandbagging, and on which side of the state?

The answer to growing the C/D divisions is for the city associations to be more aggressive with classifying teams. The state should also incentivize the higher classifications. Why does the Monsta series have the biggest reward for Rec 3 and smallest for C? The prize packages should be greatest at C and smallest for Rec 4. Lets also give out money for State championships, most for C, least for Rec 4. Lets make people want to compete at a higher level, instead of rewarding the sandbaggers.

Clearing the air cont'd: I would say, Custer and Burgess welcome to C, but they will probably fold. C is too hard right? Can't beat MMB, Eide, RMI and pinkit so why bother. Sad to say, but the C will never grow. C state should be a fun 3 or 4 team round robin.

Guessing Custer will stick at C, those boys like to compete from what I have seen. Burgess on the other had petitioned down to Rec 1 from D just a couple of years ago, so doubt they will stick.

Bold Prediction: Speaking of the C, I gotta think MMB is the favorite right? Word is Dilly is back in center. Who is going to beat that team? Not sure who pink it added with the loss of dilly, but MMB will be the next 3x gear or heartland. Mark it. Who else will make that jump? There is maybe 3 teams in ND that play C and stay C so one of them has to be the one to make the move eventually?

MMB will be tough to beat, but Eide should be better this year, and don't count out Dvorak. Darkhorse is Mulligans out of Williston, hear they may have improved.

el grande gato

There should NEVER be more than 2 rec divisions. 4 is f'ing ridiculous. It's all about money and never about competition.

Custer is pretty damn good

C will be a debacle. SO many players are switching teams. And 90% of them are trying to get to D just to play a national.
North Dakota ball at its finest

Howard13

Heard Dvorak was going to D. Just a rumor but it’s another one of those instances where D nationals is Bismarck so teams will petition down just to participate. If nationals was somewhere else, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Kirby_Puckett

Custer did get bumped from what I heard as well, so they are C. Dvorak is D, I think they got dropped mid season. I wouldn't doubt if Racine is D come the start of the season as well.

So for C there's: No particular order
MMB- MMB being the obvious favorite by far I would imagine. I am sure they are not getting any worse. Dilbeck added and probably another guy or two.
Pink it- Lost Dilbeck
Custer- If they were still D I would say the Standing Elks left Eide to join.
Burgess- Lost Big Mo, probably found some good additions.
RMI- No clue
Sickies- Always scrappy probably didnt add any.
Eide- Who knows, probably have something up their sleeve
Sports page- Is it the return of big Wrangs!!?!?
Rest IDK

Not too bad, wonder how their rosters will truly look though. It seems like every year there ends up being a combination of some sorts, so don't be shocked for something like that. Rumors are always flying.

I imagine that there will be some "super D teams" that come out of nowhere for Nationals so I have no idea on any guesses for the D division.

Kirby_Puckett

Which pill from morpheus will the teams from Grand Forks be taking?

U1qxJgV.gif

h1bm1w6.gif

giphy.gif

WJCs.gif

WJCs.gif

WJCs.gif

WJCs.gif

WJCs.gif

BackSpinGawd

These are all fair points. Those numbers are shocking.

Agree that 4 Recs is probably too many, and it definitely does drive down the number of D and C teams in the state. Just 4 more classifications for people to sandbag in. The argument for it is the number of teams ND has compared to other states per population. More divisions makes for more teams able to be competitive. Also, if you combined the Rec divisions like 90% of teams would never have a shot to win a tournament. Likely leading to decreased participation. The difference between a Rec 4 team and Rec 1 team is usually a huge gap.

As far classifying teams west vs east, its pretty messed up that Fargo had only 5 C/D teams play in tournaments last year (2020). Other cities number of C/D teams:
Bismarck=7
Grand Forks=4
Williston=4
Mandan=3
Minot=3
****inson=1

2019 C/D teams by City
Fargo= 5
Bismarck= 10
Grand Forks= 4
Williston= 4
Mandan= 2
Minot= 6
****inson= 1

So our most populous city is fielding about as many C/D teams as Williston. West Fargo is fielding as many C/D teams as gwinner. So which cities exactly are sandbagging, and on which side of the state?

The answer to growing the C/D divisions is for the city associations to be more aggressive with classifying teams. The state should also incentivize the higher classifications. Why does the Monsta series have the biggest reward for Rec 3 and smallest for C? The prize packages should be greatest at C and smallest for Rec 4. Lets also give out money for State championships, most for C, least for Rec 4. Lets make people want to compete at a higher level, instead of rewarding the sandbaggers.

Guessing Custer will stick at C, those boys like to compete from what I have seen. Burgess on the other had petitioned down to Rec 1 from D just a couple of years ago, so doubt they will stick.

MMB will be tough to beat, but Eide should be better this year, and don't count out Dvorak. Darkhorse is Mulligans out of Williston, hear they may have improved.

DalvinCook33

ND Softball:
Tharaldson - Currently bumped to A ... adding a couple guys
Heartland - Trying to get down to B not likely after a 3rd place finish at Nationals. Losing a few guys

Now for the teams that dominate the corn fields and take pride in being THE ND team... the champions of The Whirlybird, Bismarck early bird, Fargo Golf Addictions, Grand Forks, Fargo Busch Light, DL Water Carnival and THE Ultimate test of C dominance ND C State:

MMB- MMB is getting all the attention... this power house team DOMINATED the ND C State tourney winning two games scoring less than 10 runs and double dipping team Eide. They will continue this into 2021 by adding Silas and Dilbeck.
Pink it-
This team will be under a new name “The Box” Ryan Smith from Tharaldson and a few other tricks up their sleeve. Jody, Wrangs likely adds here.
Custer - Will likely move up and dominate this division.
Burgess- Combing with Sports Page
RMI- As always this team will play every BIG ND tourney and play well.
Eide- Adding a few players - lost Josh SE and Silas. Haus has this under control.

All in all a lot of attention to MMB

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
You north Dakota teams are silly...

Can't wait to see some of you guys in MN next yr @ corkys , fireman's, Shakopee, Mound.. outside of the top 2 teams we don't see anyone besides pink it at litch...

Pretty soon south Dakota will have a top 10 list..

Have a good winter , hopefully see some of these teams teavel