ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

joeybats19

You north Dakota teams are silly...

Can't wait to see some of you guys in MN next yr @ corkys , fireman's, Shakopee, Mound.. outside of the top 2 teams we don't see anyone besides pink it at litch...

Pretty soon south Dakota will have a top 10 list..

Have a good winter , hopefully see some of these teams teavel

Interesting position......taking jabs at the ND teams for not traveling, but yeah at least two of our teams consistently travel. Can't wait to see some of you guys in ND next year at the Fargo tourney or Mcquades.... Or does 94 only go one direction?

BSBR

Starting Player
Heard Dvorak was going to D. Just a rumor but it’s another one of those instances where D nationals is Bismarck so teams will petition down just to participate. If nationals was somewhere else, this wouldn’t be an issue.

So let me get this straight, Dvorak wins 2 games at C state as a C team, and went i think went around .500 in tournaments and are still allowed to move down to D? Seems odd. Also looks like Mulligans successfully moved to D, even though they were in the C quarter finals last year and didn't play state this year. Shows WTF I know. I'm sure there are several more that have successfully moved down. Seems just ****ty when teams are competitive at the level they are at, and successfully petition down so they can dominate the lower division. Especially at C, which the has a cascading effect, now average d teams petition down to Rec 1, Rec 1 to Rec 2 to dominate, etc. Really wish the petition process was more transparent from USA Softball of ND, or they at least held the local associations accountable for moving a team down that goes and wins state the next year. Not trying to hate on any particular team, as its not their fault the association allows it, and maybe there are legitimate reasons for the classification changes, (lost half the team, injuries, etc.), just something to talk about during winter I suppose.

Last edited:

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Interesting position......taking jabs at the ND teams for not traveling, but yeah at least two of our teams consistently travel. Can't wait to see some of you guys in ND next year at the Fargo tourney or Mcquades.... Or does 94 only go one direction?

What the hell would good teams travel to n.d. for..?? Btw we are d and I consider good teams c or higher..

The Fargo tourney : we actually tried to come this yr.. but cpl of our guys had or were around the rona at that time.. hopefully have a team there for next yr.

McQuades : tell me how many teams are c or higher.. and how many rec teams there are..

I will stick with corkys , fireman's, and pretty much any other mn tourney to travel to..

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
What the hell would good teams travel to n.d. for..?? Btw we are d and I consider good teams c or higher..

The Fargo tourney : we actually tried to come this yr.. but cpl of our guys had or were around the rona at that time.. hopefully have a team there for next yr.

McQuades : tell me how many teams are c or higher.. and how many rec teams there are..

I will stick with corkys , fireman's, and pretty much any other mn tourney to travel to..
Sweet gripes little guy. I've played in your MN tournies and while Corkys and Shako are fun tournies the atmosphere is not even close to McQuades on Friday night. Not close. So you just stick to your MN tourneys (and forum) and let us silly ND teams have our lists and forums. Cool? Cool. Side note, there have been a few MN teams that have dared to cross the border in the past and they don't usually fair well. Just saying.

joeybats19

I couldn't tell you the exact numbers, someone else can look it up. Typically there are over 450 teams at the tourney.

DalvinCook33

Competition wise:

corkys > fireman’s > McQuades

corkys Friday night is fun ... fireman’s too ... McQuades is best atmosphere

Dennis have you won a game south of Alexandria ?

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Competition wise:

corkys > fireman’s > McQuades

corkys Friday night is fun ... fireman’s too ... McQuades is best atmosphere

Dennis have you won a game south of Alexandria ?

I agree that the competition is better at Corky's and Fireman's, far more teams for sure.

Also, yes I have won games south of Alexandria. MMB has won games in both Shakopee and Corky's as well as Nattys in OKC. Good times. Thanks for the trip down memory lane mystery friend.

Last edited:

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
Heard Dvorak was going to D. Just a rumor but it’s another one of those instances where D nationals is Bismarck so teams will petition down just to participate. If nationals was somewhere else, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Buddy, listen, nobody cares about moving down a class just for the honor of paying $400 for State Tournament Part 2 in our own backyard. Ain't happening.

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
So let me get this straight, Dvorak wins 2 games at C state as a C team, and went i think went around .500 in tournaments and are still allowed to move down to D? Seems odd. Also looks like Mulligans successfully moved to D, even though they were in the C quarter finals last year and didn't play state this year. Shows WTF I know. I'm sure there are several more that have successfully moved down. Seems just ****ty when teams are competitive at the level they are at, and successfully petition down so they can dominate the lower division. Especially at C, which the has a cascading effect, now average d teams petition down to Rec 1, Rec 1 to Rec 2 to dominate, etc. Really wish the petition process was more transparent from USA Softball of ND, or they at least held the local associations accountable for moving a team down that goes and wins state the next year. Not trying to hate on any particular team, as its not their fault the association allows it, and maybe there are legitimate reasons for the classification changes, (lost half the team, injuries, etc.), just something to talk about during winter I suppose.

No, you don't have that straight. Dvorak is, in fact, classified as a C team. However, what I can tell you is that literally 100% of our roster is D in the database, so we're all just going to break up for a year and go play Rec 1 in groups of three instead. Enjoy your D Nats, everyone. See you in 2022.

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
But but but if I’m D and I was going to play rec 1 ... how do I get down to rec 2 so I dont have to play you ??????

I wouldn't really worry about it if I were you, but these are all time-honored tips and tricks for skirting the system. You probably won't need to do all of them.

1. If your name is William, just put down Bill.
2. Fake ID
3. Mustache, wig, maybe even actually wear a mask
4. Extreme weight gain
5. Switch sponsor names
6. Register in Moorhead instead of Fargo
7. Remove your mailbox
8. Pretend you don't understand English and/or can't hear at all
9. If you do get suspended, just keep showing up anyway
10. Be terrible. Nobody cares what your ranking is if you go 0-4 each game.

DalvinCook33

Yet this convo started with complaints about Dvoraks rating sooooooo 0-4 and being terrible per Reyes burn... still isn’t helping... this system sucks !