ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

Mark Zuckerberg

I actually don’t play for Sports Page. It seems like nobody agrees with my rankings but won’t come out with their own

Top 4 in C:
1. Facebook Super team sponsored by me.
2. MMB with Gulmon paying out of his own pocket to fly guys up to ND from around the country.
3. Eide super team. They lost some guys, but will entice others with awesome lease deals that are unheard of.
4. Pink it. Rumor is with all the MMB additions trimming the fat, those scraps will go there.

Ray Finkle

Top 4 in C:
1. Facebook Super team sponsored by me.
2. MMB with Gulmon paying out of his own pocket to fly guys up to ND from around the country.
3. Eide super team. They lost some guys, but will entice others with awesome lease deals that are unheard of.
4. Pink it. Rumor is with all the MMB additions trimming the fat, those scraps will go there.

Lets see that Facebook roster.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Lets see that Facebook roster.
I heard he just stole the team from the Winklevoss twins.

My class C rankings, which I can do without jinxing it now that I'm no longer a part of MMB.

1.) MMB- finally put it together last year and got it done with some good additions. With the additions of Silas and Dilbeck they'll take a step up. Easily the best C team in ND (on paper) but interested to see if they can finally win out of state.
2.) Eide- even with their losses, its tough to put them anywhere else right now until proven otherwise.
3.) Whatever Pink It Forward is now (the Box?)- added Ryan Smith (down grade from Dilbeck but still a good player).
4.) Dvorak- good team, can make trouble for any team on any weekend.

The rest, who knows. Never got to play sports page but can't imagine signing a retiree (no matter how good a hitter) is going to shoot them up the list that far. RMI took a big step back last year, still a good team. The Office, probably a D team, no offense. Custer Flats and Burgess, good luck in your first year in C.

Last edited:

Ray Finkle

I heard he just stole the team from the Winklevoss twins.

My class C rankings, which I can do without jinxing it now that I'm no longer a part of MMB.

1.) MMB- finally put it together last year and got it done with some good additions. With the additions of Silas and Dilbeck they'll take a step up. Easily the best C team in ND (on paper) but interested to see if they can finally win out of state.
2.) Eide- even with their losses, its tough to put them anywhere else right now until proven otherwise.
3.) Whatever Pink It Forward is now (the Box?)- added Ryan Smith (down grade from Dilbeck but still a good player), and I heard they added Jodi Schommer, but thats unverified.
4.) Dvorak- good team, can make trouble for any team on any weekend.

The rest, who knows. Never got to play sports page but can't imagine signing a retiree (no matter how good a hitter) is going to shoot them up the list that far. RMI took a big step back last year, still a good team. The Office, probably a D team, no offense. Custer Flats and Burgess, good luck in your first year in C.

Who are you playing for this year? It may not be Sportspages year but I can see Custer shocking people. Rumor is Is Mike Blair signed on with Custer now. Is that an upgrade?

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Who are you playing for this year? It may not be Sportspages year but I can see Custer shocking people. Rumor is Is Mike Blair signed on with Custer now. Is that an upgrade?
I dont know enough about Custer to make an educated opinion, I just know that the jump from D to C is a big one and they hung around the top of D for years and couldn't win it. I'm sure they'll have an okay showing though.

I'm playing with Smith Motors this year. Hopefully I can help a good young team get better, play a national tourney, then be back in C ball next year. Then I can really take it to those MMB bastards jk

Ray Finkle

I dont know enough about Custer to make an educated opinion, I just know that the jump from D to C is a big one and they hung around the top of D for years and couldn't win it. I'm sure they'll have an okay showing though.

I'm playing with Smith Motors this year. Hopefully I can help a good young team get better, play a national tourney, then be back in C ball next year. Then I can really take it to those MMB bastards jk

D rankings?

Mark Zuckerberg

I've searched and found the rankings for D. Thanks to a little help from my friend Tom.

1.Maxon ranch-
led by the Standing Elks and Tyson Maxon
2.Smith Motors / Coors Light- Don't know much about them but had a good run at state.
3.Tap in Tavern / Busch Latte / BEP Petrol- If Mike Blair went to Custer Flats then my only guess is Bergie will pitch for them.
4.Rumors Hashers- I've seen them play. Pretty solid and young.
5.DMVW / The Box / LME Painting- Underwhelming year last year.
6. IES / Wolverine / Infinity Real Estate- If Eide Folds then Big Haus will run this enterprise, or maybe he does both.
7. Boyko Ink / Center Machine- inconsistent

Ray Finkle

I've searched and found the rankings for D. Thanks to a little help from my friend Tom.

1.Maxon ranch-
led by the Standing Elks and Tyson Maxon
2.Smith Motors / Coors Light- Don't know much about them but had a good run at state.
3.Tap in Tavern / Busch Latte / BEP Petrol- If Mike Blair went to Custer Flats then my only guess is Bergie will pitch for them.
4.Rumors Hashers- I've seen them play. Pretty solid and young.
5.DMVW / The Box / LME Painting- Underwhelming year last year.
6. IES / Wolverine / Infinity Real Estate- If Eide Folds then Big Haus will run this enterprise, or maybe he does both.
7. Boyko Ink / Center Machine- inconsistent

Hearing we might be introduced to some new dark horse teams as well...

Bormann9

Thanks for the reading.

What are some of the tournaments the C teams in ND are planning on playing?

Hanover, MN just came out with their flyer - that is always a good early one.
Any planning on playing Sioux Falls?

I'm pretty confident that McQuades will be back for 2021.

37_int

Coach
Hopefully McQuades does happen Mike. We will be traveling to Corky's and Shako for out of state tournaments. Not sure yet on SF but it's been discussed.

Bormann9

My man.

Really hoping Shako figures out how to get teams back in the open. Otherwise, I’d like to play something else. The C tourney is great - love that complex.

corkys - will be fun to see you there - that monsta team is loaded

I’ve got an inside track on McQuades and have been told “it’s happening”

"Many great teams have traveled many miles to participate in this "Hidden Gem" tournament including Chad and his National All Star Canadian Team..............."

I hope this team still exists, they sound really exciting. I mean if they graced Grand Forks with their presence then perhaps they have made it to the mac or fargo before? Oh wait you said 'great teams' right? Yeah they have never been to the mac or fargo then as far as I know. Nobody would have missed that GREAT team.

Also, just wondering, can anyone tell me if Anarchy is still taking the world by storm or not? I haven't seen much lately.

Props to Shogun though for throwing in a Robert Frost poem, the depth of your capabilities for promoting this tournament are endless. If you can get mnballer to show up, anything is possible.

I just miss Gravel Road, what happened to that group? That team was scrappy, and boy could they boooooooze.

It seemed like for a while there Anarchy bats were really taking off and then lately there hasn't been much steam? Did they not have a good product last year or something, or is it COVID related? I did hear Flip left, so I am sure that didn't help, but still seemed like guys were into it.

Ray Finkle

What’s everyone’s first tournament of the year? With Corkys being pushed back, are teams just going to play the Mandan earlybird?