Need help with choosing 1st base glove for legion baseball

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's my question: My son is 17 years old, 6'1 and 240, plays outfield and 3rd base but new team and his legion coach asked him to play 1st base this year. I don't know anything about 1st base gloves, break in procedure, and basically, never played 1st base except occasional slowpitch leagues and switching spots on defense in meaningless games. So I don't know anything about the gloves.

Any recommendations for 1st base gloves? He's got A2000 outfield glove and A2K for 3rd base, so kinda partial to those two, but I really don't know how much reps he's going to get at 1st. If it's just an experiment since he's the new kid on the team and doesn't want to move a kid that has been playing with the team already? IDK, I'm not the coach so I told my son to tell coach he's down for whatever. I don't know what to look for regarding price range, new, used, break in, etc. Looking for any and all help fellas.

Thanks in advance

Addicted to Softballfans
Does he use RHT or LHT? I have some righty’s that I can sell for a good price. A2K JA79 lightly used. HOH 12.5” DCT and a few NWT
Oh, my bad, I forgot that part lol. He's RHT. Can you post, DM pictures, or send text (605)407-2002? Thanks!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Had he been LHT, it certainly would have answered why a coach would want to move him from third to first!
The DCT is stamped 13" by Rawlings, but they measure more like 12.5" (and most that size are stamped 12.75"). BTW, lots of manufacturers make a version of that pattern as the patent expired long ago (it was first introduced in 1960).
Softballers love the DCT as it has one of the wider pockets of any mitt. I suggest finding an online retailer that has a generous return policy (no restocking fee and maybe even return shipping included) and order three. Let him pick the one he likes and return the others.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Any recommendations for 1st base gloves? He's got A2000 outfield glove and A2K for 3rd base, so kinda partial to those two...

A2000 1620 is nice, this year's model is black and copper with a dimpled palm to (allegedly) reduce spin. I've tried it on, feels good and looks sharp.

2800 is a bit smaller but it has a double-hinged heel that makes it perfect for a thumb to pinky break in. If your son breaks in his outfield gloves like that, this mitt would be a good candidate.

Rawlings DCT is an idiot-proof choice, it's just about perfect.

If you don't wanna shell out a bunch of coin, look into a Gloveworks custom in Gameday leather. Solid, solid gloves for the price and a pretty quick break-in. No good if you need it right away though.

Had he been LHT, it certainly would have answered why a coach would want to move him from third to first!

Being 6'1" and 240# at 17 probably had something to do with it, that's a nice, big target at 1b.

Lemond

Dang, wish I still needed a 1B glove! I don’t typically like black gloves, but for some reason, the HOH looks like a great deal!

john07

For the committed young players seeking top-notch gear, elevated-quality gloves fall within the $100 - $150 range. Alternatively, for those aiming to infuse joy into initial baseball practices or outdoor ventures, youth baseball gloves priced from $14 to $40 present an accessible choice.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
For the committed young players seeking top-notch gear, elevated-quality gloves fall within the $100 - $150 range. Alternatively, for those aiming to infuse joy into initial baseball practices or outdoor ventures, youth baseball gloves priced from $14 to $40 present an accessible choice.
:D best first post ever