New 240 LS Genesis bats

trippy1313

Starting Player
Anybody been using them? How do you like them? I pulled the trigger without ever swinging one and ordered a "Baseball Town" Genesis. My my understanding is it's the same as the Andy Purcell 240... but I've never swung any LS softball bat.

I have a week till I get it, but just looking for your guy's experience and opinions with them.

j.grizzle

Utility Guy
After seeing some great reviews I started looking into getting one myself, but the resale market is a bit insane to “try” something out. Not too long after, I noticed a guy on my team start putting out the black and gold Everett Williams with the team bats so I started using it and I really like it. Swings smooth. Sweet spot feels pretty generous. Once I started using it and my distance improved, others started using it or decided to break out their own genesis bats.

Currently looking for one at or close to retail. May get the south beach, but the pink and baby blue isn’t really my style

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a Sanchez last year when they were discounted a little. They're good, and I like it a lot more than the one piece Genesis. I know that one's hotter technically, but the sweet spot is much easier to find on the two piece.

Don't bust it out and start hitting launches and you should be okay. I've had no durability issues with mine though.

trippy1313

Starting Player
Cool. See, even though it may not be as active as it used to... this forum is still a better place to get real info.

Everyone else online just says, "bombs all day." "Smoke."

I have heard though as you said jbo, dont just start killing it out the wrapper. "Break it in" first.

Thanks guys.

And yeah... the South Beach one doesn't appeal to me either. I even ask my wife, cause I thought about buying her one if she was really gonna start playing next year.... she don't even like it. Lol

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool. See, even though it may not be as active as it used to... this forum is still a better place to get real info.

Everyone else online just says, "bombs all day." "Smoke."

I have heard though as you said jbo, dont just start killing it out the wrapper. "Break it in" first.

Thanks guys.

And yeah... the South Beach one doesn't appeal to me either. I even ask my wife, cause I thought about buying her one if she was really gonna start playing next year.... she don't even like it. Lol
They're also supposed to be making a 12" barrel later this year. I'm waiting for that for another one.

trippy1313

Starting Player
They're also supposed to be making a 12" barrel later this year. I'm waiting for that for another one.
Oooooooh. Well shoot, maybe I shoulda waited. Lol. I'm really enjoying the 10" barrel. I did end up cracking that Bubba, but found a 10" FF2 and really like it.

trippy1313

Starting Player
So, just got my first Genesis in the other day. Spent a little time "breaking it in."

Question... this is my first LS softball bat... anybody else find the grip to be really unimpressive? The Pyramid grip is kinda cool, but the tape grip... yikes.

Do you guys like the tape grip they come with, or do they likely just use that cheap feeling one because so many people replace them anyways?20220802_080549.jpg

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
as long as you break them in the correct way (1-200 swings with 52/300 or classic+ balls), the durability is there. i have 2 balanced ones with a a ton of swings on them. I did have durability issues with the 2022 lady geny (swede) but thats the only genesis i have had that broke. We are a slugger team in the conference and have only had one bat fail the entire year so the compression holds extremely well. The only downside to slugger at the moment is lack of inventory. A few of our guys have been waiting for returns for other 2 months now. Hopefully, the south beaches will be sent out this week for returns.

jhitman

I'm hoping to get a new LS when they will be available sometime in October from what I have heard. I have a whole slew of guys wanting to get these bats and they are nowhere to be found. LS is missing out by not having these bats available IMO.

j.grizzle

Utility Guy
Just out of curiosity…are people actually selling these at the ‘bay prices we’re seeing? 6 months ago, APG2 were $450-500 which I thought was crazy, now they’re pushing $800??

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't doubt it. People are stupid. I got mine off the website discounted last year. There's never a reason to pay that much for any bat imo. They'll be in stock eventually.

I hope lol