New Ball?

mihklo

How many of you guys use a new ball for every game they play in? whether it be league or tourney? if you dont when do you replace it with a new one?

Woody8607

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I don't use a new ball in everygame. I'll usually use them for around 3 game or so depending on the weather ofcourse. But mainly just kind of feel them out also.

StumblinDrunks

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league we have to use a new ball for every game. At least for the first pitch. I like to change them up so they feel different to the pitcher.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
All of our leagues and most tournaments around here..all the balls are supplied..

and we get 1 new ball for every game..the rest are socks.

well, the new ones are socks too.. worth crap

Live4Brew

All Stock.
I use Thunder Advance. Clean them up with a little bleach/water solution after every other game. Use them till they are lost. They literally last forever.

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
If we're playing a team and I know it's going to be a close ball game I usually keep a new ball in, if it's a blow out I just hit whatever I can get my hands on the quickest

mihklo

I normally bring a new one for every game, but starting to think about how much money i am going thru I balls makes me think I might cut it back to a new one for every other game.

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
I normally bring a new one for every game, but starting to think about how much money i am going thru I balls makes me think I might cut it back to a new one for every other game.

yeah it's cool having a brand new ball in there, but I've even broke out some balls from last year and hit them just as far as the new ones i've bought this year

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
In league we are supplied two new Dudley Sy's per game. In tournaments we would buy 4-6 new Dudley TA's. Now that we can't find them at a decent price anywhere we are just washing used TA's and they still work great. Also just bought some Evil HOT's for when the TA's are finally done.

On the BYOB tournaments I don't put a new ball into play every game. It depends on a lot of things: the weather, the condition of the ball, the opponent, and the ball itself.

Most of the leagues here supply one ball per game and they use Dudley so the ball usually holds together for the entire game.

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
On the BYOB tournaments I don't put a new ball into play every game. It depends on a lot of things: the weather, the condition of the ball, the opponent, and the ball itself.

Most of the leagues here supply one ball per game and they use Dudley so the ball usually holds together for the entire game.

What happens when you hit a homerun with that ball do they throw a new one in or do you have to supply it then? I was just wondering because on a good night we usually hit 9-10 homeruns per game, not always that many but close

House00

Slingin' lead!
How many of you guys use a new ball for every game they play in? whether it be league or tourney? if you dont when do you replace it with a new one?

we start every game with a new ball from each team (league and personally supplied) and throw in the used ones after HRs or fouls out of play...

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
They were supplied in one league I played in, the ones I play in currently we have to bring our own and have a new one every game. It really sucks when we play coed because we have to have a new girls and guys ball so it cost 12 bucks a game in balls.

dobber16

We will use new balls against better teams, other wise we throw in a mix of used TAs, evils, crocks that we rotate in and out as long a they remain solid. If a ball sounds/feels bad we take it out and it doesn't go back in

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Our leagues and tournies all provide the balls. We get a new ball to start each game, but once that ball is hit out you get stuck with used ones of varying condition.
^^^ We resemble this ... although the umps are looking for decent back-up balls.