New Bat like 2013 Juggernaut

JJ Dynamite

The Veteran
Getting back into the game and looking to buy a bat that swings similar to the 2013 Demarini Juggernaut. Any feedback/suggestions appreciated

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
After several different variations it looks like the 2022 model has gone back to the tr3 flo handle with doublewall stacked barrel which are the same specs as the j3a.. assuming the asa version is what you were referring to

Last edited:
Getting back into the game and looking to buy a bat that swings similar to the 2013 Demarini Juggernaut. Any feedback/suggestions appreciated

couple suggestions, since you are just getting back into playing and i see you have been a member of this chat session since 2013 and live in Orlando, Fl

if you are playing/practicing with group of guys, pick up or league, 1) just swing every bat that they have lined up along the fence to see what they are swinging and see how they feel 2) there are probably a dozen Play It Again Sports stores in and around Orlando and they should have plenty of bats to also swing, i lived in Deland, FL for three years early 2000's.

2013 Demarini Juggernaut I have no idea "how this swings"? or if there is a 2020 or 2021 of any manufacturer that will swing the same or similar, also what are the league sanctions where you will play, ASA/USA, USSSA, SSUSA or other, Senior bats allowed, not allowed? This should be the deciding factor in what you buy/use.

There are a few 2013 Demarini Juggernaut bats listed on eBay, very pricey so if your heart is stuck on one of them, you can find one. Personally i use two Easton Salvo SRV5 bats, one is 2011 other is 2012, both are 28oz and i use these because they are comparable to anything you can buy, NEW today, I paid approx $70 each for them, and i have swung teammates new bats and these have just as much pop, distance, and size of sweet spot. One of the two Sr leagues i play in only allow ASA (which these bats are ASA stamped), other allows 1.21 Senior bats, but i use these in both leagues and have teammates that hit with my bat in the league that allows the Senior bats because the bats are simply that good.

Good luck, hope this helps. Lot of guys out there with a lot of bats, just let them know what you are looking for, you'll be surprised what they have in the corner of the garage, might have exactly what you are looking for. You can really find some good buys if you shop around and sometimes that is part of the enjoyment of the game.

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
Same, OP. I'm about to play again after about 4 years off. Looking to see what's good now. My last bat that I used for years was the J3a, and prior to that the Easton Synergy Extended.