New Easton Wobble

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
I have a Pow that I pulled out of the basement for an indoor tourney after being put away in the fall and it now has a Wobble. Anyone see this happen before? Reminds me of the old SCN4, the wobble is that pronounced. Connection area looks solid otherwise. Swing it or try to send it back?

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
How did I miss that thread? Haha.

I know you wanted the wobble back in the day but now, not so much. Seems to hit the ball fine. Hopefully the barrel doesn't launch into the outfield one of these swings haha

Hagen49

How did I miss that thread? Haha.

I know you wanted the wobble back in the day but now, not so much. Seems to hit the ball fine. Hopefully the barrel doesn't launch into the outfield one of these swings haha
Like Tony said, if you still have months on the warranty, swing the piss out of it until you have to send it back.

If you peel the rubber down it seems like most of them are cracking at that top part of the joint near the barrel. Not sure if they were just trying to get the last super hot run of 220 bats out there and ended up with this issue or what, but I'm hoping the rest of my bats don't have this issue

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Easton's QC is absolute garbage right now. I liked their products better when they were still made stateside.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Wish I could find another 26.5 at this point. Doubt mine will pass any sort of check during 35+ in Vegas in Feb

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Back in the IMX days...

I love IMX composite. The stuff takes a while to break in, but it delivers the goods after that. The bats will last for years, and can be used on hard balls in the cold.

Today's Eastons won't make it even half a season in CO.

IMX also provided a hard, crisp feel that you don't get out of new Eastons.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I found a 2014 L2.0C (just a standard L2 with a Canadian flag paint job) online last summer and bought it cheap. Started breaking it in with .40/400 Gray Dots and it took 400+ hits for the first line of webbing to show up.

Also picked up a Fire Flex 4, peeled the wrapper before a double-header, and hit 8 Hot Dots (.52/275). The thing was covered in webbing. By the end of the summer it had a rattle, a wobble, and stress cracks around the connection joint. I'm swinging Worth next year.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
I love IMX composite. The stuff takes a while to break in, but it delivers the goods after that. The bats will last for years, and can be used on hard balls in the cold.

Today's Eastons won't make it even half a season in CO.

IMX also provided a hard, crisp feel that you don't get out of new Eastons.

Sad that most players these days will never know the pleasure of hitting an NSA Decker Shark with a 3000 swing OG SCX23 Syn+

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Sad that most players these days will never know the pleasure of hitting an NSA Decker Shark with a 3000 swing OG SCX23 Syn+

Easton should just release that bat again. I'm sure it'd pass the 240 compression test really easy. I mean, out of the wrapper a Synergy + probably tested at 340.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Update: The Pow has now cracked all the way around the barrel. It's at the point, if I take the barrel and handle in two hands, I can actually spin them if I apply enough force. Keep swinging away? lol