New Louisville Slugger Z4000 Lineup

rschmidt

Schmidty
Besides the new Z4000 USSSA/NSA Balanced model (Red) and End load model (Green), the new Power Load will be the .5oz End Load Signature model for Backmann Shoppe, just like the Z3000+ that has already been talked about. The Hyper Z is the new Senior model that is ridiculous. The other two new things for next year, which I think a lot of people will be excited about are the Balanced and End Loaded Dual Stamp models. (Yellow-End Load, Orange-Balanced in the second pic posted). These ASA Dual Stamps still will have the discs in them.

These Dual Stamps will be a great addition again to the lineup as well as some more new things to come later in the season.... 2015 will be a great year for Slugger.

Last edited:

aaronc_09

Addicted to Softballfans
ya, it's going to be so awesome when so many of these new additions break (like the last 5 years) and LS can't even get the returns out for a year. Probably most just "repaints" that haven't had the durability fixed anyways.

Lemon10

Grindin...
Our kids have been swing the new LXT in fastpitch with pretty good success. Ball jumps off the bat. I was intrigued with the new paint scheme having a sand paper type feeling on it. I have seen USSSA umps toss bat with too much 3M on it, so it will be interesting to what they will say about the paint.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
New dual stamps bats hey! Damn I may just have to try one of these out again! I loved the Z2K dual stamp but was not a huge fan of the Z3 and ended up switching to the Aftermath for ASA.

But a dual stamp would be nice again!

MB:cool:

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
New dual stamps bats hey! Damn I may just have to try one of these out again! I loved the Z2K dual stamp but was not a huge fan of the Z3 and ended up switching to the Aftermath for ASA.

But a dual stamp would be nice again!

MB:cool:

Dual stamp has me excited especially since there are no disks in them. I really liked the Utrip 2k's and 3k's but was underwhelmed with the ASA versions. Really hoping these dual stamps get it right.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not a fan of the flex in the Z3 (assuming the Z4 will be the same), but I may try one out for a dual stamp without the stupid discs. We still play ASA with 44's in some places and the ASA Z's with discs just don't seem to fare well against the 44's.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i wish they would just keep it at z2k and z3k. no need for a z4k. i guess ultimately, the name doesnt really matter, so long as it's a good bat.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, I thought the Z3K was supposed to be called such because of a 3 piece design. That's what I get for thinkin.

rschmidt

Schmidty
Also the Z4000 Dual Stamps will have the discs in them, their will potentially be a future release in the summer with a dual stamp discless one which is the prototype that I tested and still is being tested. I know a lot of people will be waiting for this one to come out since some ASA leagues still use a harder ball, but the prototype I tested hits all compression types great. I apologize for any confusion earlier.

Last edited:

Cnape123

Star Player
Also the Z4000 Dual Stamps will have the discs in them, their will potentially be a future release in the summer with a dual stamp discless one which is the prototype that I tested and still is being tested. I know a lot of people will be waiting for this one to come out since some ASA leagues still use a harder ball, but the prototype I tested hits all compression types great. I apologize for any confusion earlier.

What composite are they? Are they 2 piece ? 3 piece ?4 piece? What's the difference in these and the 3000's? Pictures are cool and all but we want to know the details.

joeym

Manager
they are pure360 according to the catalog screen shot i saw. I'll pass on these :( it's just a Z3000 repainted for Utrips and a discless ASA that was repainted as a dual stamp

Playr4

Coach
Me too. Got to swing one in BP in worlds in Vegas . Swings heavy. I normally swing a 27 ounce. Had to drop an ounce. Felt good in my hands. The ball jumped off the bat and it seemed like it had another gear. The bats have a rough feel on the barrel to grip the ball. I was told they will be coming out in January. But been reading February or March. Can't wait.

been waiting for the hyper Z . hope they resolved the durability issues

capi

Addicted to Softballfans
I started swinging the Z3's. I really like the feel. I had to get use to the sound. I am new to the LS line. How are the Z2's compared to the Z3's?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Night and day. The Z2K swings like a 1 piece and had a stiff barrel. The Z3K is flexy and has a softer barrel. This is IMO, of course.