New Louisville Slugger Z4000 Lineup

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Me too. Got to swing one in BP in worlds in Vegas . Swings heavy. I normally swing a 27 ounce. Had to drop an ounce. Felt good in my hands. The ball jumped off the bat and it seemed like it had another gear. The bats have a rough feel on the barrel to grip the ball. I was told they will be coming out in January. But been reading February or March. Can't wait.

The Nightmare has that too. Reminds me of the shot-peen finish
that some of the old metal bats had.

Playr4

Coach
Shot peen finish. Perfect description. I really didn't know how to described what I felt on the barrel. I remember some of the metal bats now that you brought it up.

The Nightmare has that too. Reminds me of the shot-peen finish
that some of the old metal bats had.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
What composite are they? Are they 2 piece ? 3 piece ?4 piece? What's the difference in these and the 3000's? Pictures are cool and all but we want to know the details.
Clearly he has no idea. I still think it's funny that they marketed the z3000 as the first ever 3 piece bat when 4 years earlier tps came out with the triton which at the time they advertised as the first ever 3 piece bat. There's definitely a disconnect from R & D to marketing somewhere.

themanmanley

Star Player
Besides the new Z4000 USSSA/NSA Balanced model (Red) and End load model (Green), the new Power Load will be the .5oz End Load Signature model for Backmann Shoppe, just like the Z3000+ that has already been talked about. The Hyper Z is the new Senior model that is ridiculous. The other two new things for next year, which I think a lot of people will be excited about are the Balanced and End Loaded Dual Stamp models. (Yellow-End Load, Orange-Balanced in the second pic posted). These ASA Dual Stamps still will have the discs in them.

These Dual Stamps will be a great addition again to the lineup as well as some more new things to come later in the season.... 2015 will be a great year for Slugger.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if the power load has a .5 end load, how much of an end load do the regular end loads have?

mcleod

Part Time Player
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if the power load has a .5 end load, how much of an end load do the regular end loads have?

Regular endloads have a 1oz endload the powerload should have the extra .5oz so it is actually 1.5oz, as far as I know anyway.

Playr4

Coach
They swing heavy. I would recommend in dropping and ounce from what you usually swing. Got to swing 26 ounce in BP at Senior worlds in Vegas. Bat felt good in the hands. I usually swing a 27 ounce balanced Z3000. More of a midload feel like the Easton Elder. Hyper Z performed well. Ball came of the bat fast through the infield. If you hit one out, it seemed like the ball had another gear when the ball was in the air. The bat had about 600 hits on it. No signs of paint chips or webbing. I think durability will not be an issue.

Does the senior hyper z swing heavy or light ?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i like the rubber endcaps on the newer ones. i notice they dont get endcap wear like the older caps.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't hit many TPS bats and the only one i own is a USSSA Balanced Z-3000 which is a great bat. Last night the local MN TPS rep Greg Kamlieter ( Kam) brought out the new 2015 Z-4000 line and the SR bat the Hyper Z.
Out of the wrapper all the bats where very impressive . Its hard to say what hits comparable to last years Z-3000 line as I only own the one but I do know that I will certainly be replacing it with the new Z-4000 balanced USSSA and the Z-4000 balanced ASA bat , and as a senior guy the new Hyper Z with more hits on it is going to be a beast. I think the TPS Z-4000 line is going to go good for them this year. WE hit 52/300 for ASA and 44/375 for USSSA and the SR bat. Indoor dome in Edina,MN about 65 degrees. I wish I could give better info.

bonzer187

See Ya Ball
So I'm seeing people saying yes there is a disc and im seeing people saying no there isn't. Which is it lol? According to specs there is no disc.

mobrienjr

Banned User
From what I understand, its the same concept as the FIB in the monsta. The Disc prohibit the barrel from flexing all the way. The disc is what really does the work when you are swinging the bats.

I have heard from multiple people that the Z4000's have the technology of the Z3 with the 3 piece, but were made to swing with far less flex than the Z3's. Mine is due in Saturday (Z4 USSSA EL) and I will be able to test it out. I still have several OGZ2's and they are my favorite bat I have ever swung. I didn't like the Z3 line due to the flex.

If the Z4's swing stiff like the 2's and have the pop of the 3's, along with the rough texture finish, I can't really ask for anything else.

More to come this weekend when I get my bat!

CHOOLY_#14

Addicted to Softballfans
Night and day. The Z2K swings like a 1 piece and had a stiff barrel. The Z3K is flexy and has a softer barrel. This is IMO, of course.

I hear this more often than not... so i guess i should feel lucky that my 2014 usssa Z2K (green) feels soft in the barrel and has alot of pop. Can't even really feel it hit the ball and thats with only 100 swings or so. Wish I had another $129 at the time i found this one for that price!

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
This has probably been posted in this thread but I didn't see it. When do stores expect to have the dual stamps in stock? Specifically a 27oz balanced. lol

Thx MB:bigok: