New Rawlings HOH Custom in Golden Brown

mpk

Extra Hitter
Haha. Really pretty glove there no doubt, but yeah, unpopular opinion here that I’m not crazy high on the gray welt look.

I'm a devout split gray fan myself but I cant deny that rolled welt looks really good on certain gloves, @NYC and @jkwoody22 included. There's not a rhyme or reason to the ones I like but they do trend towards the darker end of the earth tone leathers. I'm pulling for ya! Fingers cross as with every custom!

Mpalm18

I'm a devout split gray fan myself but I cant deny that rolled welt looks really good on certain gloves, @NYC and @jkwoody22 included. There's not a rhyme or reason to the ones I like but they do trend towards the darker end of the earth tone leathers. I'm pulling for ya! Fingers cross as with every custom!
Yeah, fingers crossed exactly. I, like you, hemmed and hawed on this one for quite a while.
I agree about the darker colors, I think the gray looks awesome combined with a non-black embroidery as a contrast to a darker leather like Timberglaze (as above), but I think the matching welt just looks nicer on lighter colors like Horween where I love the black embroidery. In other posts I’ve mentioned how much I love the Horween Arenado look where it’s matched compared to the SBF and DM Horweens with the split gray. And from what I’ve seen, I’m thinking this GB will be in the middle but more similar on the color scale to Horween than it is on the other end of the scale to Timberglaze.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Damn you guys, now I’m leaning golden brown 207 or 208 with black split or rolled smh, I think camel patches are my thing, the leather might be to light and not have enough contrast
68C5A007-9164-4D8B-95EE-A7B6DCEEBD69.jpeg DB478CFF-6D0F-48F7-B670-501EC7CD792E.jpeg FB4B1440-A62A-47F8-91C6-1E64DEFA4FCF.jpeg

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
When does chad do the rggc, like April lol I get the feeling some golden brown models are going to pop up

Reactions: mpk

Lemond

I like the black patch with the red lettering. Brown patch 2nd. Either will be very nice, and neither will show dirt as badly as the others. Anyone know if the black patches are prone to fading?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Dang! I am so tempted to order this exact glove! Never had a 6 finger but I always thought I would like one and one with black embroidery would be perfect! How bout you give Chad the word before I do? :D

I’ve had some nice gloves in my short stent here, my Pro12TC is still without a doubt my “funnest” glove to have a catch with!

Maybe a 12” Six-finger RGGC trap glove is in order this year? Right after a NP6. :D

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I came across these, an ggc they offered at some point with golden and brown labels, not sure when though
24C57437-7D7B-4A3F-9C47-9E45E10ABD1E.jpeg 0253B7EC-4C99-4E2E-B238-BC262DA9E721.jpeg

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Just saw this on the Rawlings custom page. Looks like I picked a great time to finally order.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200323-114302.jpg
    Screenshot_20200323-114302.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 34

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i actually find that interesting. going to 12 weeks doesn't really seem like that much of a delay, all things considered. not that it makes the wait any easier lol

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I ordered a glove almost a month ago for a bday present at the end of April, I’m guessing it will be in May at the earliest

mpk

Extra Hitter
Had a fellow board member ask how the GB is looking after a bit of use so thought I'd post up a few pics. Keep in mind this glove is meant to be a user, not a collection piece.

After the original round of pics we dunked it in hot water :eek: and did a round of mallet work and catch while it was still wet. After it dried, I put on a coat of Wilson Pro Stock conditioner. Since then we've played catch out in the yard a few times per week. Our season was cancelled before there was a chance to put any real work in with this glove so it's seen very little real use and I can't really say how it will fair long term but aside from the color, the leather looks and feels very much like JTan so I expect it will wear similarly.

As you can see form the side by side pics at the end, the conditioner darkened the leather significantly so that it is very similar to Timberglaze in tone. The leather still feels much more like JTan though. We still like it!

MPK_2469.JPG MPK_2470.JPG MPK_2471.JPG MPK_2473.JPG
ebay - Copy.jpg ebay1 - Copy.jpg

Mpalm18

Had a fellow board member ask how the GB is looking after a bit of use so thought I'd post up a few pics. Keep in mind this glove is meant to be a user, not a collection piece.

After the original round of pics we dunked it in hot water :eek: and did a round of mallet work and catch while it was still wet. After it dried, I put on a coat of Wilson Pro Stock conditioner. Since then we've played catch out in the yard a few times per week. Our season was cancelled before there was a chance to put any real work in with this glove so it's seen very little real use and I can't really say how it will fair long term but aside from the color, the leather looks and feels very much like JTan so I expect it will wear similarly.

As you can see form the side by side pics at the end, the conditioner darkened the leather significantly so that it is very similar to Timberglaze in tone. The leather still feels much more like JTan though. We still like it!

View attachment 63330 View attachment 63333 View attachment 63334 View attachment 63335
View attachment 63336 View attachment 63337

that darkened color looks great.

Reactions: mpk

mpk

Extra Hitter
that darkened color looks great.

At one point I had thought about getting a glove with timber because I like the tone so much. Decided not to get it because it's heavier and is reported to scuff easier. Kinda ended up with a timber glove that doesn't scuff easy :D.

mpk

Extra Hitter
At one point I had thought about getting a glove with timber because I like the tone so much. Decided not to get it because it's heavier and is reported to scuff easier. Kinda ended up with a timber glove that doesn't scuff easy :D.

Now that I think about it, the glove I had mocked up with a black shell and GB palm would probably have been pretty sick with this darker shade of GB.

glove.jpg

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Anyone with an order from March receive their GB glove yet? Rawlings website says customs are 8 weeks out from the time of order. It's been about 10 weeks since I ordered.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
My order officially went through March 24. Woody let us know when you get yours so we can time ours. I'm anxious to get mine and oiling it with a neatsfoot beeswax blend I make. I like the darker look of @mpk son's glove.

I haven’t gotten mine yet. March 23 order so it may be out to mid June with 12 week timeline

I haven’t received My custom, it’s not golden brown, but I ordered through chad March 2