New Rawlings HOH Custom in Golden Brown

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Black embroidery just looks right against that color! And honestly I love that dark tan liner, it’s one of my favorite things about my custom NP6. Can you imagine how insane this glove would look with split gray?? I’m messing with you, it looks great, better than great!

Congratulations, hope you enjoy it for years!

*****Can someone here explain to me exactly what Rawlings does to put that wrinkle/crinkle in the lace on each side of the web knot at the base of the web? Are they using pliers? The last 7 or 8 gloves I’ve bought have been that way, drives me crazy!

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Beautiful glove! Makes me want to order a custom 3039. I sold my A2000 SP13 super skin so I'm currently gloveless. Hopefully I'm next to receive my GB custom.

mpk

Extra Hitter

mvfjet

Part Time Player
@Mpalm18 when you used the conditioner do you put it on the Rawlings embroidery or try to keep it off?

Btw love the saddle tan SP125. How are the shape, pocket size, finger stalls etc between your new custom and the SP125?

Mpalm18

@Mpalm18 when you used the conditioner do you put it on the Rawlings embroidery or try to keep it off?

Btw love the saddle tan SP125. How are the shape, pocket size, finger stalls etc between your new custom and the SP125?
I used conditioner pretty much all over, didn’t deliberately focus on keeping it off the embroidery.

And thanks, I love the SP125. I’ll be using the two as my infield/outfield gamers for the foreseeable future once I break this one in for full use.
Right now, the 125 feels much more bowl-shaped as it closes around the ball. The thumb and pinky have a very slight flare to them where they don’t curve concave-ly around the ball on closing, but the index through ring fingers definitely have much more curve. I’ve used it for quite a while so my hand is pretty used to this feel.
The new custom feels like an ocean compared to the SP125 but it seems like it accomplishes that much more with its length in the fingers, which are especially straighter all around. 0.5” doesn’t seem like much until I feel it on the hand and recognize how much bigger it makes things. I’ll be working on the form of the 3030 for a while to get it where I like it, but I’m pumped to do it. The hand stall fits my hand pretty nicely right away. I’ve got long hands on the skinnier side and had to work the hand stall of the 125 for a bit to get it comfortable, but the 3030 is a bit more amicable to me wearing it TIP like I like to.

Hope all of that helps

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Just got my shipment email from Chad. I'm hoping to have my hands on this baby by early next week. Definitely will post pics as soon as it comes in.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Just got her in. The color is definitely darker than the pictures show. I think it's a perfect medium brown between orange tan and chocolate. I love the black split welting and the patches that I went with. I wouldn't change a thing about my order except like @Mpalm18 said if the palm would've been available in shell color. The color difference is hardly noticeable though. I would definitely recommend ordering this color. As for the pattern, this is my first Rawlings ever but the second I put my hand in it I knew it just felt right.

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_200006.jpg
    IMG_20200713_200006.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200713_195839.jpg
    IMG_20200713_195839.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20200713_195820.jpg
    IMG_20200713_195820.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 67

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I oiled my glove with my neatsfoot and beeswax blend. At first it came out really really dark and I thought I ruined my glove. After a day it really mellowed out and I love the color. Also the break in is done. I could game this glove right now after a very light oiling (I weighed it before and after and only used .19oz of oil). I've done couch catch everyday since I got it and the pocket is good to go. If anyone cares about glove weight FYI this pro208 only weighs 23.56oz after the oiling.

How often do you guys recommend to oil a glove?

Attachments

• IMG_20200720_162550__01.jpg
    IMG_20200720_162550__01.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20200720_162631__01.jpg
    IMG_20200720_162631__01.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 35