New stamp coming? What does this mean?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Is this legit? My buddy sent me this and told me to not buy any more bats with the old stamp, good thing I'm down to 3.

Attachments

• IMG_20190717_124937_01.jpg
    IMG_20190717_124937_01.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 284

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Strange that there's an announcement from Pure Sports but nothing on USSSA's web page....

I'd say it's fake, but something needs to change with utrip bat standards so who knows. Where did your buddy find that pic?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Strange that there's an announcement from Pure Sports but nothing on USSSA's web page....

I'd say it's fake, but something needs to change with utrip bat standards so who knows. Where did your buddy find that pic?

I think he's an unofficial equipment rep for a softball website (not SBF) He always has new bats with receipts for cheap.

I'm not too worried about it because I usually buy a new bat every year just to try something new.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
People will boycott USSSA, USA Softball will get super-popular for about 6 months after the change, then everyone will forget and start paying $300 for utrip Miken exclusives again. History keeps repeating itself.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I think he's an unofficial equipment rep for a softball website (not SBF) He always has new bats with receipts for cheap.

I'm not too worried about it because I usually buy a new bat every year just to try something new.

If you only have 3 bats you're good if it happens. The knuckle-draggers with their basements full of NIW bats would be scrambling.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
All Freedom needs to do is say the 2014 Thumbprint is legal and they'll get a flood of players in the Northeast at least.

SwingTheD206

It's legit. It's been a rumor/topic going on since December and was voted on in January. The compression standards are going to slightly change, new stamp will be implemented, and there may also be a new ball replacing the Classic M.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
It's legit. It's been a rumor/topic going on since December and was voted on in January. The compression standards are going to slightly change, new stamp will be implemented, and there may also be a new ball replacing the Classic M.

Switch to a low compression ball like ASA?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

Don't take my word as gospel on this, but I hear USSSA is rolling out a new ball this weekend in Columbus for a major tourny. Its a .44 375 composite covered ball called the Pro M. What I hear is that this ball is made to use on fields larger than 300' in hot weather where the classic M ZN isn't adequate.

I've played in Viera twice, and I will readily say that the ZN classic M is not an adequate ball for those conditions and field sizes.

I hope USSSA keeps the C+ as an option. For a cold place like CO, the C+ is a perfect ball for late or early season games.

D-ROCK13

Usssa released a statement on fbk about all the new changes, looks like 2012 stamps will be grandfathered in until 7/1/2021

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
Current standard is 220 for failing. They are making it 240 for failing. They are also having a specific place and tester for bats that will be the only test for certification. It’s a giant money grab.

Don’t be shocked when the 7-1-21 deadline becomes 2022 or 2023 beginning of season

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Current standard is 220 for failing. They are making it 240 for failing. They are also having a specific place and tester for bats that will be the only test for certification. It’s a giant money grab.

Don’t be shocked when the 7-1-21 deadline becomes 2022 or 2023 beginning of season

I don't know if it's a giant money grab or a reasonable one. In 2004 asa got it's hand slapped by the bat companies, and to be honest i think utrip just sat back and laughed. Now, they realize that they have a game that's insanely dangerous, and they haven't been following the necessary protocols to avoid another change like this. We just got the thumbprint a few years ago.

They just tried out the same ball that asa switched to 15 years ago on the conference. Your average Joe sees people wearing helmets and is no longer super jacked about playing. This is an almost insignificant change, and it really is in person because it doesn't even make things safer if bats aren't tested.

I think it's more of a cya move than a money grab. The bat cos will make bank, but i don't know if it's going to be a real boon for utrip.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know if it's a giant money grab or a reasonable one. In 2004 asa got it's hand slapped by the bat companies, and to be honest i think utrip just sat back and laughed. Now, they realize that they have a game that's insanely dangerous, and they haven't been following the necessary protocols to avoid another change like this. We just got the thumbprint a few years ago.

They just tried out the same ball that asa switched to 15 years ago on the conference. Your average Joe sees people wearing helmets and is no longer super jacked about playing. This is an almost insignificant change, and it really is in person because it doesn't even make things safer if bats aren't tested.

I think it's more of a cya move than a money grab. The bat cos will make bank, but i don't know if it's going to be a real boon for utrip.

You don’t think they’re getting a kickback? Cmon. Little don is taking over for his dad. They’re charging 5$ per PLAYER to get into space coast plus team fee ... 5$ for live stream ... they could’ve changed the ball to a 52 and bats wouldn’t have had to change. They could’ve said only SYs or some other not as lively classic m and things wouldn’t have needed to change.

Unless bat testers are at every tournament - which they won’t be- this changes nothing and helps safety not at all. It’s going to make the gap between the bat shavers and the non bat shavers bigger yet again. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

Asa grandfathered in 98% of those 2004 bats and had a totally different ball.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I have a question , if it's a money grab which I always believe everything is ....dosent SOFTBALL bats sell twice as many as baseball?
baseball guys buy one bat ....dad buy little league bobby one good bat which might last him more then one season...but softball guys usually buy 2 every season always looking for new best thing....Is it they want even more then twice as many sold?

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
the average softball player doesnt even own a bat, much less buy 2 in a season. You're ****ing high.

You must not live in an affluent area. Come up to westchester county and watch league heroes put 40 bats out on the fence for a 6:15 game and score 6 runs on errors.

Now paying retail - that I agree with.

Country469

You must not live in an affluent area. Come up to westchester county and watch league heroes put 40 bats out on the fence for a 6:15 game and score 6 runs on errors.

Now paying retail - that I agree with.

you must not have been to 3rd grade.

Average would not be "an affluent area"

so your telling me every girl who plays coed up there averages 2 bats? And every single league player averages 2 bats? Bull****.

And it has nothing to do with being an affluent area either. You do realize softball is a huge white trash sport, and actual affluent areas don't have slowpitch softball leagues near them.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don’t think they’re getting a kickback? Cmon. Little don is taking over for his dad. They’re charging 5$ per PLAYER to get into space coast plus team fee ... 5$ for live stream ... they could’ve changed the ball to a 52 and bats wouldn’t have had to change. They could’ve said only SYs or some other not as lively classic m and things wouldn’t have needed to change.

Unless bat testers are at every tournament - which they won’t be- this changes nothing and helps safety not at all. It’s going to make the gap between the bat shavers and the non bat shavers bigger yet again. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

Asa grandfathered in 98% of those 2004 bats and had a totally different ball.
Iknow they get something, but imo it's not a money grab of they have a legit reason for doing this.

You're confusing what I'm saying. I didn't say it would actually make the game safer, they're just covering their own asses. I read an article years ago about a pitcher who got hit, the bat company and Association were off the hook on the lawsuit because the pitching rubber was foundto be one inch too close to home plate. They're just creating guidelines to use if they ever are sued to try and push the liability onto someone else.

In 2004 asa had to grandfather those bats because they lost in court. I can totally see the bat companies saying if you're going to a different ball you'd better throw us a bone with something like a new stamp and ample time to move our old stock.

Are they making more than their old approval fee on this new process? I assume a little, that's why i assume it's more about cya than just a pure money grab.

Country469

Utrip and NSA will or whatever charge the same amount of money to license a bat model.

Whether is 08, 2018, 2028............ the amount of money they make off bats is not going to change,

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
right. Now, if they get a continuing sponsorship of the viera complex because of this, i hate to tell y'all, that's how business is done.

Country469

To be honest most of the crying about this **** is from small minded little pissers who have no clue about the world. They should really be happy they get to play this stupid ass game anymore, they've ruined it for most of us by now.