New stamp coming? What does this mean?

Redsfan

Yeah everyone who bought the $99 eastons around the holidays could be set up if played correctly

Yeah, I snagged a FF3 for $99 just to have a spare. Doubt my Worth would pass compression if I actually play someplace that tested.

Country469

I only own one bat now that I use since I only play literally one weekend a year, but its that easton autism bat and I'm glad I can keep using it where compression doesnt exist

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
you ever lived in chicago? Its really cold there most of the year and those bats shaved and rolled didnt make it very long in the cold up there
I assumed they'd be smart enough to to have a second bat for the cold. I forgot who we were talking about.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
doesn't piss off current customers as much.

they're assuming they'll be so rare in play after the next 3-4 years it wont matter.

I tend to agree with them on that
It means the game will 100% be like it was when the doctors started unless the companies make their teams swing their new stuff. The teams with the most money will have the advantage.

After one year they'll be out of the lower levels quite a bit.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Yeah, I snagged a FF3 for $99 just to have a spare. Doubt my Worth would pass compression if I actually play someplace that tested.

I did the same; bought a handful of 2019 bats for less than a hundo each as well. We don't compression test where I'm at either.

-G

Hiltz

Built for comfort
SPN (Canadian organization) uses the USSSA bat standard but they already stated that they will not allow grandfathered bats. As of January 1, 2023 all my bats will be on eBay, hopefully netting me double what I payed for them.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Easton sent me something just like this the other day. What's the point to having a new standard if the old bats are good forever? Now my buddy with 30 USSSA bats looks like the smartest guy ever. Haha.

I probably have enough Eastons to last the rest of my life. They aren't the hottest bats out there. Not even close. Many of them probably still test at 275 or more. I don't usually buy bats for performance, more for durability.

I also live in CO, where its often cold. Anymore I value the durability over performance. Besides, the ball flies further here than most other places.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
To the best of my knowledge no one has announced what the bats have to pass for compression to still be legal. If the compression requirement still goes up to 240, a lot of those 2012 stamp bats will fail out of the wrapper or very soon after. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say it will be new stamp only for Conference USSSA in 2021.

goldglover79

Nc Vinci player rep
It’s kind of odd. They say the bats will be legal but no one has mentioned what they will be tested at..

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
It’s kind of odd. They say the bats will be legal but no one has mentioned what they will be tested at..
Conference USSSA has come out and said that all bats next year will have to pass at 240 or higher to be used in a CUSSSA tournament. We won't know until after the winter meetings what is going to be used at other levels.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Conference USSSA has come out and said that all bats next year will have to pass at 240 or higher to be used in a CUSSSA tournament. We won't know until after the winter meetings what is going to be used at other levels.

With the Pro M 240 will still be PLENTY hot.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
With the Pro M 240 will still be PLENTY hot.
I only get to see the condensed games, but there seems to be some wildly varying batches. The one we played with felt like any 44/375 I've used. Cincy major pretty similar.

Then they go to and teams are out of hrs in the early innings with no major temperature changes. Then Columbus ga, where I've played hitting 44/425 freedom balls, and that ball was jumping there.

Next year should be interesting. I hope they get rid of the classic m.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I only get to see the condensed games, but there seems to be some wildly varying batches. The one we played with felt like any 44/375 I've used. Cincy major pretty similar.

Then they go to and teams are out of hrs in the early innings with no major temperature changes. Then Columbus ga, where I've played hitting 44/425 freedom balls, and that ball was jumping there.

Next year should be interesting. I hope they get rid of the classic m.

I agree. I've hit 2 different batches of Pro Ms. The 2nd batch felt softer/deader and seemed to knuckle a lot off the bat. I also agree that the Pro M performs pretty much like any other .44 375. I have a synthetic USA Tattoo .44 375 in my BP bag that will keep up with the Pro Ms just fine.

I hope USSSA gets rid of the classic M too. I hate those balls. They destroy bats in the cold, and are absolute marshmallows in the heat. The Pro M is way steadier, and performs well in places like Viera.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit the Pro M last weekend with a well broken in bat, but still tests in the 260 range. More than enough bat with that ball. Temp was 75* though, not 90+

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just assume it's a given nobody at utrip has the balls to go to classic plus across the board and pro m occasionally.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I hit the Pro M last weekend with a well broken in bat, but still tests in the 260 range. More than enough bat with that ball. Temp was 75* though, not 90+

One thing I will say about Pro Ms is that they do well in extreme heat/humidity. Last year in Viera it didn't seem to slow the balls down much. I saw tons of long HRs. The year before with ZN classic Ms was a different story entirely. Those balls do horribly in the middle of the day in FL.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I just assume it's a given nobody at utrip has the balls to go to classic plus across the board and pro m occasionally.

I would do exactly that. People complain that the C+ bounces too much on dirt infields. It does, but not really more than any other ball. Once guys get used to it they field the ball just fine.

We've used C+ for years here in CO, and I don't see anyone having problems fielding, and no one complains about the balls from a hitting standpoint. They play fair. You get HRs if you earn them, and you aren't going to hit a C+ hard enough to really blow anyone up. Infielders and pitchers actually have chances to make plays.

The best thing about the C+ is that it doesn't change significantly because of temperature like classic Ms do. They also don't destroy bats.

I think USSSA needs to use the classic + at a tourny or two at Viera and see what happens. I think it would fall somewhere between the ZN classic M and Pro M for distance and batted ball speed. Guys would still hit them out.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree this is what should be done, it won't though. Until the C+ is used at Conference there are some people that will just not want to play with them. They do bounce a little funny and knuckle more than a Classic M, so does the Pro. The knuckling I saw this year at the River City and at the Cincy was a lot more noticeable than it was last year at the Windy City and the Cincy.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree this is what should be done, it won't though. Until the C+ is used at Conference there are some people that will just not want to play with them. They do bounce a little funny and knuckle more than a Classic M, so does the Pro. The knuckling I saw this year at the River City and at the Cincy was a lot more noticeable than it was last year at the Windy City and the Cincy.
Their best chance at compromise would be to say d and below uses the plus, c and up uses the pro. You don't like it, move up. Make it td discretion for non-nits, but all nits and worlds or whatever had to use those balls.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Their best chance at compromise would be to say d and below uses the plus, c and up uses the pro. You don't like it, move up. Make it td discretion for non-nits, but all nits and worlds or whatever had to use those balls.

I'm just glad CO uses C+ and not classic M or Pro M. We used to use ZN classic Ms for upper ball several years ago. It was ridiculous. Teams would get 6 HR and be out of them sometimes in the 1st inning. It became a game of half swings and oppo bleeders to try to keep the ball in the yard.

With the C+ things are way better, but there are still too many weak HRs hit.

The Pro M in CO is lunacy. We played a tourny with it and everyone was going yard all day. Simply WAAAYYYYY too much ball for 300' fields and today's bats and at CO's altitude.

D-ROCK13

Manufacturers don't want bats lasting 1000s of hits and too many whine about .52performance... I hate the gold dot extremes we use, they murder bats, and are terrible in high heat and humidity in the summer, they also do a ton of bodily harm if you get hit by one

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manufacturers don't want bats lasting 1000s of hits and too many whine about .52performance... I hate the gold dot extremes we use, they murder bats, and are terrible in high heat and humidity in the summer, they also do a ton of bodily harm if you get hit by one
That's is all true, but i also hate the difference between summer and everything else. We start out crushing, then the ball is a pillow for 3 months, and now were going to worlds to hit probably a rock again.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, league night is back to am i on the conference with church league Charlie and his band of I can now hit it out friends. To bad they have the same 0 bat control.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Yep, league night is back to am i on the conference with church league Charlie and his band of I can now hit it out friends. To bad they have the same 0 bat control.

The cooler weather is making a difference in number of HRs hit. I searched the park where I umpire at (3 fields) 3 times this week. 23 balls last Saturday, 9 on Wednesday, and 23 more yesterday. 55 balls in a week, and those were just one ones left behind. Others were retrieved. That's absurd, considering 90% of the people who play league here aren't good players at all.

The park also uses .52 300 Tattoos.

During the summer I'd find less than half that many balls.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
DW posted on Old Scout that as far as he has been told anything that is being tested next year has to pass at 240. No idea how that will play out, but that's what has been said.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
DW posted on Old Scout that as far as he has been told anything that is being tested next year has to pass at 240. No idea how that will play out, but that's what has been said.

I wouldn't have a huge problem with that. All the guys with hot bats will be disappointed though. Lots of Fireflexes and Pures will probably become junk when they don't pass anymore.

Redsfan

Be nice to get to a point again where you actually have to put a good swing on a ball to hit it out. Had a tourney last Saturday. Temps ranged from low 40's to mid 60's as the high. Quickly back into the 50's in the evening. Place was a launching pad. One of the ones I hit had no business being a HR. Doubt it reached 20 feet in the air.