New to Senior Ball

brandonmincy69

Addicted to Softballfans
Finally able to play 40+ and was curious which bat to look at. I would prefer a 2 piece and 12" barrell. What are your recommendations?

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
The Miken Patriot is a good durable senior bat. The bat takes about 1200 cuts to break in.

Batalot

When you get a new one, you can squeeze the barrell.. and it sounds like rice crispies.. snap, crackle and pop..

OTOH.. first hit on it, was further than any broken in USSSA bat I have.. it's pretty hot, just not sure if it's any hotter than the other Adidas out there. I just liked the 26.5, where when you put on a thinner grip, it comes out to 26... but the EL I guess is a bit heavier. For some reason, they have the end load in such a manner that it is very easy to swing.. maybe way on top, but the swing is so smooth. Tip weight is 16.9.. handle weight with a thinner grip is 9.5 oz, the Freak 30 ASP2 27 oz handle weight with a think grip is 9.9oz. and the tip weight is 16.9

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
How much better, if at all, than previous models?
This is their 1st 2PC
I've swung the 26.5 EL and hopefully, tomorrow I'll get to swing my SB buddy's 25.5 model. I normally swing a 28.5 or the 27.5 models... Adidas is stepping up w/these models IMHO for me a 2pc bat lasts longer than a 1pc bat

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
Or no cuts if you swing hard :) Don't ever BP a senior bat unless you like to spend $$$.
If you hit 52’s during BP a senior bat will take the beating. I assumed most people don’t hit anything harder than that during BP unless it’s right before a tournament or game.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I ONLY use 52/300 balls to BP all my senior sticks and those balls help break the bats in very well - absolutely surprised how far you can hit a 52/300 adstarr taboo ball with a senior bat.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Or no cuts if you swing hard :) Don't ever BP a senior bat unless you like to spend $$$.

Ive bp'ed my og dudley 12" with 44's, conference zn's, blue dots and a handful of 53/600 bullet derby balls multiple times. No worse for the wear. I swing hard too, not as hard as you Scottishheat but ya know.