New to Slowpitch - bat recommendations

Anders34

Hi everyone, I am new to playing slow pitch this year… I’ve played competitive hardball my entire life and decided to make the switch to a local slow pitch team. I’m looking for bat recommendations. The league I’m in doesn’t care about regulations. I know stock is hard to come by right now but open to suggestions. I would consider myself a power hitter so I would think an end load bat is what I would prefer.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

westdude

Addicted to Softballfans
My recommendation is to not break the bank, and to buy used. Good chance he’ll decide you want something else next year based off what you learned using this bat. It may even be a decent idea to wait a month when most seasons around the country are ending to get a deal.

I usually recommend 13” inch+ long barrels and .5-1 oz endloads for new players.
Without knowing the balls used, I’m going to say USSSA stamped bats for a little durability aspect.

Anders34

My recommendation is to not break the bank, and to buy used. Good chance he’ll decide you want something else next year based off what you learned using this bat. It may even be a decent idea to wait a month when most seasons around the country are ending to get a deal.

I usually recommend 13” inch+ long barrels and .5-1 oz endloads for new players.
Without knowing the balls used, I’m going to say USSSA stamped bats for a little durability aspect.
The research I’ve done looks like I want to get a USSSA 240 compression, 13” barrel and end load. I’m not concerned about price really. I was originally looking at the Louisville genesis, miken dc41 or demarini nautalai

westdude

Addicted to Softballfans
The research I’ve done looks like I want to get a USSSA 240 compression, 13” barrel and end load. I’m not concerned about price really. I was originally looking at the Louisville genesis, miken dc41 or demarini nautalai
If you’re buying 240, get a genesis, better to buy them on the presales than on the secondary market. Personally I’d go 220 USSSA if your league doesn’t care and get a DC41, watermelon, or the single piece Genesis.

Anders34

The research I’ve done looks like I want to get a USSSA 240 compression, 13” barrel and end load. I’m not concerned about price really. I was originally looking at the Louisville genesis, miken dc41 or demarini nautal
If you’re buying 240, get a genesis, better to buy them on the presales than on the secondary market. Personally I’d go 220 USSSA if your league doesn’t care and get a DC41, watermelon, or the single piece Genesis.
i was using a team bat which was a watermelon and it felt good but looked well used. I’ll keep an eye out for these bats. I’m in Ontario Canada and stock seems limited around here.

ShortYellowBus

I’m making assumptions here. Avoid 13-14” barrel bats. It’ll affect the timing.

Baseball players are used to swinging short barrel bats, with lots of bat speed.

Get a short barrel bat, balanced or .5oz endload. Perhaps a 27oz bat. One piece.

D-ROCK13

any 12 to 13 inch barrel easton endloaded, with the og fireflex composite and 220 stamp or any 220 stamp short barrel worth/miken with endload

blakcherry329

Well those recommendations will narrow down your search. lol.

Basically, trial and error is the best method to finding a bat. anyone's suggestions don't mean anything until you swing said suggestions.
take bp with different bats to get a feel for the differences. Not much difference in performance with the bats nowadays, especially for a baseball player.

curtis52

The research I’ve done looks like I want to get a USSSA 240 compression, 13” barrel and end load. I’m not concerned about price really. I was originally looking at the Louisville genesis, miken dc41 or demarini nautal

i was using a team bat which was a watermelon and it felt good but looked well used. I’ll keep an eye out for these bats. I’m in Ontario Canada and stock seems limited around here.
You shouldn't have a problem in Ontario. Check FB marketplace, one of the million B/S/T FB groups or if your nearby, head to Turner Park in Hamilton this weekend.