New to Woodbat

sasha3825

Addicted to Softballfans
I’m sure there is something out there on this site but I’m not interested in scrolling to find it.

I play in an over 40 woodbat league and would love some recommendations for the best bats out there. Last season I bought a Viper bat and it broke in batting practice and the replacement lasted 2 games. Wondering if there are any off the radar good wood bats companies out there that you guys know about that make a durable, good performing woodbat. Anyone swing the Axe Wood Softball bat? I’m trying to convince the league to allow the Corndog but doubt that will work. Let a brother know!!

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
What ball does this league use? With wood bats, the cor/compression of the ball will make a big difference. Honestly, .52 300s or classic + will give you the best results off wood bats. Classic Ms are awful. The ball has no elasticity and goes nowhere off a wood bat.

For the bat itself, I'd recommend one of those hybrid (maple/bamboo) bats. The handle is bamboo, but the barrel is maple. They're very durable and perform well. I know Worth makes the Toxic in this manner.

In the long run the ball will make far more difference here than the bat. I've swung all manners of wood bats, and there really isn't a lot of difference in performance. For durability's sake, get a bat with a bamboo handle at least. Maple and ash bats break frequently/easily. Bamboo doesn't. Its far more flexible.

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
Evil Sports has the “Caution” wood bat that has a reinforcement wrap on the handle
SMOKE

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
No magic wood bat, I’ve found that the bamboo have a flexy handle
SMOKE