NFL off-season / free agency

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I don't wanna play no more...

but for real...dude in white shirt. what you think?

I'll be honest, I was kinda shocked

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Apparently Khalil was in a limo cab on his way to meet with Lions management. Carr gonna have to carry that team to Vegas on his own. And to think, he could have had a good career.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Another patriots super bowl... yawn

On a serious note, I don’t think Ed Reed deserves to be in the HOF. Very Good, not great player.

ShortYellowBus

Baltimore is screwed...if they want to be a running team, it would’ve been smarter to draft and trade for OL pieces, or a bruiser RB. Asking the guy who throws the ball to take on a 380lbs DL head on is irresponsible.

Kap, Tebow and other one season wonders (history) don’t work long term. Game film availability highlights the limitations of run first quarterbacks. There’s ready made defense schemes proven to eliminate running qbs.

With all the rules helping to protect the quarterback, it’s a league that rewards smarter more accurate qb’s. The resurgence of older guys like Brees, Rivers and obviously Brady is proof.

I see KC and Patriots again stealing all the headlines, and Baltimore regretting going down the RG3 route.

chacha15

rec chip
54155152_380123182538471_6321530040301305063_n.jpg

3XC

Big Truss
ntz's theory about teams only being competitive while their QB is on a rookie deal is compelling. You can't afford to retain superstars at other positions if your QB is making that much.

Rodgers, Flacco, Wilson, Cam (didn't win but still), you win and then you get paid as reward after the fact.

Country469

I'm surprised the NFLPA is ok with the wage gaps between DL and QB like that.

If this was politics the DL is a women from Haiti and QBs are white baby boomers

hedge

life takes guts
It’s more of a fact than theory tbh. Would the patriots be as dominant if Brady was making 25-30 million a year? Doubtful

ntz

tricknollegy
the nfl salary cap is too small to support teams having top tier talent at multiple positions. it's an unsubstantial model and i would look for a work stoppage during the next nflpa negotiation. nba players are getting stupid money right now, and nfl players want that

Country469

IDK that the NFL is anywhere near as reliant on freak athlete talent to show case their game.

The best NFL teams are generally decent at the run game and play great team D. Hardly a selling point.

Football is going away. I can't even fathom it being around in 100 years. Basketball doe, yeah, its gonna be here unless LeBron's acting is really as bad as its rumored and he ruins a game for a generation with space jam 2

ntz

tricknollegy
the players are going to die on the hill of guaranteed contracts along with a much larger cap.