Nihilist

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure how much asa I am going to play next year, what do you think is the going rate for a 26 nihilist with all paperwork for another 8 months?

pont22

Has anyone hit the new, gold model? Curious how the weighting is compared to last years. Thank you

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone hit the new, gold model? Curious how the weighting is compared to last years. Thank you
pretty sure it is the same bat, i was looking at them yesterday and only thing that i noticed is the gold one is listed as 2021 model,last years was listed as 2020

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
i did see that with alil more research.. didn't see it mentioned on one site but others do mention it.. I'm interested to hear from someone with more knowledge on it as well

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Iconic was progressive, 26 was .5oz, 27 was 3/4oz, and 28 was a full once I believe, I also read somewhere the gold one was not as fragile, a little more durability, but I’m not positive on that as I haven’t held/swung either, there is also a USA nihilist coming out, 12” barrel and half ounce endload, not sure when it releases though

ShortYellowBus

Iconic was progressive, 26 was .5oz, 27 was 3/4oz, and 28 was a full once I believe, I also read somewhere the gold one was not as fragile, a little more durability, but I’m not positive on that as I haven’t held/swung either, there is also a USA nihilist coming out, 12” barrel and half ounce endload, not sure when it releases though
I saw on FB the gold endload Nihilist were going to be in stock on some sites on the 10th, which is Friday.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone not associated with D have any updates on these. Perfomance durability comp test etc.. i know bp hero has good to say but he mashes with anything :D

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
So just received the 2021 or 2020 Nihilist however the hell they are labeling it. The one with the all gold barrel. First off I saw a vid review that someone said it was heavy. As well as DeMarini labeled it’s as endloaded. It’s not heavy and not endloaded. Tbh it is lighter than its Aftermath counterpart and swings balanced to Midload. I also read somewhere that the ss on is more towards the end than previous long barreled DeMarini bats. I actually found that to be false. The ss is dead on in the middle. That being said. Let’s talk performance, feel and sound. Feel and sound kinda go hand in hand. The barrel feels very soft with just a touch of crispness at the end of contact. Like the ball really sinks into the barrel and every hit feels like an explosion. The sound is like nothing else I have heard and is the best sounding of any ASA bat to date. It really sounds like you crush every hit. Performance...well. First swing was a home run. That being said it didn’t rocket over the fence. Just kinda carried. One of those when you hit it your going...$€#t that’s gonna be an out. And look up and go yep can of corn. Then it carries and carries and your shocked when it carries far enough that it goes out. Which to me is impressive. That it has that kind of carry to it out of the wrapper. Knuckle balls are a common thing with this bat and I believe can be attributed to the softer barrel. Line drives came off quick. Mine is up to 150-200 swings after bp this weekend and feels outstanding. My only complaint is the weighting. I tend to have a hard time keeping my hands back with a balanced bat. As well as I’m not a fan of longer barreled bats so I am really looking forward to the USA version of this. Even though it’s not my cup of tea it’s that good that I’m holding onto it and keeping it in the bag. If your a Demar guy. Buy your weight. Your used to the lighter feel of Demarinis and you may think it’s weighting is spot on. But for those guys who like heavier endloads, that like a more sledgy weighting like the old school Eastons and Mikens. I would heavily recommend going up an oz. Or get ready to put in some tee work or bp time to get used to the weighting of this one.

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
the 13" flips always felt a tad heavy also just an odd feel probably due to the midload i also felt the ss was middle/lower end of the bat which is probably why i was never totally consistent with them but still had very good results when hitting the ss this is also probably why i am more consistent with my usam. Glad you mention the weighting on these cause i too read that they were kinda heavy that said i am contemplating what i want to offer in trade for one of these just to chx it out but I'm also looking forward to the 12" version if/when they do come out.

thanks for the insight

Thanks for review been looking for some insight on that bat. I have one niw and you are spot on the weight. Now, I will definitely take some cuts can't wait.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Db asa is clean, new mercy as well says endloaded, read on USA they passed a new juggy, when do these come out, that USA nihilist passed in oct, patiently waiting lol

SwingTheD206

Db asa is clean, new mercy as well says endloaded, read on USA they passed a new juggy, when do these come out, that USA nihilist passed in oct, patiently waiting lol
Mercy is midload. Unsure of the new Juggy, but Nihilist USA, DB44, and Mercy all due in April from what I'm hearing.

UncleMosk

Thanks to SYB for a great deal on the Gold Nihilist 28oz with very little hits. As you said not that end loaded and more of a midload feel.

Did some early morning T work with mix of 52's. Hit against other bats with way more hits on them. The OG tied with the Warlock with 3 dingers around 20200503_094117.jpg the mark indicated in photo provided. Responsive barrel with few knucklers when squared. Would say another 20 to 30 hits and will be game ready if not so already.

The Omega had 2 over, DNA with 1.
Gate crasher award goes to the Ghost with 5 on fence. Great line drive bat IMO.

Again shout out to SYB. To all softballers the game will be back soon enough.

Attachments

• 20200503_094042.jpg
    20200503_094042.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 38

UncleMosk

The Gold Nihilist is a great bat. Is that the bat you’re using? I also thought the performance was fantastic.

The 2021 DB44 USA 12” Nihilist is my favorite bat right now and I just wouldn’t be using that Gold Nihilist so it had to go.

@UncleMosk is 100% correct. Those bats are game ready quickly!
Yep the Gold one I scored from ya. Now I will be looking to score one of those DB44! The ball jumps off the bat like no other in quite some time with as little hits I have on it.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Bought the 12” nihilist today, quick review with about 50 tee hits in the garage with evil bp52’s, i hit one 44 worth and the sound was crazy, I got some clear coat webbing on the handle right at the connection to the barrel, no where else, I got the 26, endload is a half ounce, felt like a true demarini 26oz, felt exactly the same as my 2017 26oz 12” USA aftermath used to feel, sweet spot feels the same as an usa aftermath to me, not huge but not super small if that makes sense, closer to the end of the barrel in the silver part of nihilist, part of the L, I, and part of the S, ball did jump pretty good when you hit the ss, sounds like fluorescent light bulb breaking, much softer than a 12” aftermath, I would game it out of wrapper, this will replace my 12.5 USA legit, but my 13.5 est will probably still be my gamer, I’ll get some outside tee results this weekend, I still want to try the db44, but my local store didn’t have those, and the gold nihilist is clearly balanced, didn’t even feel midload to me in 26/27 weights, super light feeling

Last edited: