Nihilist

jhitman

I have swung a boat load of bats and most perform very similarly. I can't ever see spending big $$$ for a new bat based on hitting 52 cor 300 comp softballs. Except for feel of the bat (personal preference) there doesn't seem to be much difference in performance or distance.

chile

Bad Ape
I have swung a boat load of bats and most perform very similarly. I can't ever see spending big $$$ for a new bat based on hitting 52 cor 300 comp softballs. Except for feel of the bat (personal preference) there doesn't seem to be much difference in performance or distance.

if there was a bat that felt like an og anything while hitting the 52/300, i'd be all over it. don't get me wrong, there are some bats that hit them AND feel pretty good...but nothing like an og hitting a 44/375...

jhitman

if there was a bat that felt like an og anything while hitting the 52/300, i'd be all over it. don't get me wrong, there are some bats that hit them AND feel pretty good...but nothing like an og hitting a 44/375...

I agree 100%. The 52's have made every bat (IMO) pretty much the same. Sure there will be bats that feel better in your hands than others, but once you hit the 52's they all seem to go close to the same distance. Back in the day we were hitting either 47 cor 525 comp and 44 cor 375 comps, you could see the trampoline affect with certain bats like the Ultra's, Freaks and crayon Velocit-E to name a few. Buying a bat back then could make a substantial difference in distance. For me, when I see these new bats that come out with the newest technology I just kind of laugh to myself. Most are just the same bat year after year with different graphics. Also, like I said, I have hit a ton of different bats and they all hit the mush balls about the same. I have not found even 1 bat that makes me want to go out and spend big bucks on it.

I check on different sites now and wait until the prices go down, make an offer/deal and get something reasonable. Until the bat manufacturers come out with some new technology that is REALLY going to crush the 52's like some advertise, I will continue to NOT pay top dollar for any new bat.

BlueDoober

My KTJ cracked after idk at least 2000 or so swings. Warranty trade in and they told me they didn’t have any no return Nihilists till October 13th. From what little I dug up it sounds like it might be hotter than the KTJ (850 compression)which had crazy pop imo first to last hit. So if it’s not durable so what get another trade in? What’s the chance demarini would leave the og better than the 2020 spring line of “flippers”/nihilists?

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Is anyone swinging these? I don’t see many reviews. Are the bat rafflers holding on to them thinking Demarini will retain high value? Any reviews?

ShortYellowBus

Nihilist is just a flipper rebranded.

Flippers hold their value very well. I don’t expect anything to change. They’re fantastic bats.

I expect Flipper fans to hold on to these, thus accentuates high resale value.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
At $350 price point it doesn't surprise me that not many are out yet they are just am's renamed/branded as mentioned by syb i wouldn't expect anything less in performance, nothing more either my concerns are durability since they (D) got off track and are falling in line with the other manufacturers with hot outa wrap crap.. im sure they will still hold value

SwingTheD206

So much wrong with your statement that it's not only comical but annoying. I assure you that they aren't "renamed and rebranded." Have you swung one? Are you aware of the changes that have been made? The composite makeup and inner barrel gap technology have changed. The sound, feel, and weighting is totally different. Only 300 were made, with vendors getting limited amounts (I believe the store got 20-25?). The price through a rep is not $349. They are out there, the website is sold out and I know for a fact that A3 only has a few left.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Of course, you've said something about the (changes) every chance you get..
So now u say changes have been made to the divergence tech hmm hope D didn't do something like an fib :rolleyes:..plz enlighten us

ShortYellowBus

From swings this morning. Also, not my bat.

The Nihilist seems to be a clone of the 2017 RD28 from A3.

It feels a lot like the Paraflex Composite to me. I had to really hit the sweet spot hard to engage the divergence tech. It comes off pretty good with the harder balls.

It’s pretty unremarkable with 52’s.

ShortYellowBus

I hate to say it’s in the middle of the RD28 and Iconic. I love the Iconic, but some people didn’t.

If you didn’t like the Iconic, the Nihilist is similar.

So is it a Flipper rebranded.

Some might argue it’s not as good.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
From swings this morning. Also, not my bat.

The Nihilist seems to be a clone of the 2017 RD28 from A3.

It feels a lot like the Paraflex Composite to me. I had to really hit the sweet spot hard to engage the divergence tech. It comes off pretty good with the harder balls.

It’s pretty unremarkable with 52’s.
Have seen a few reviews on FB since I asked my ? on here. Not very good ones. Few posted it was lacking distance compared to other stuff. So many options for ASA and 52 balls from every brand nowadays. Seems Demarini and "M" haven't advanced much and everyone else caught up.
Hope D releases a KTJ clone with cooler paint soon.

Committed

The Nihilist has been good to me so far and is quickly becoming my favorite bat.

The sweet spot is legitimately massive. Handle and even knob shots are unfazed by the SS.

Mine only has 250+ cuts on it but is already outperforming bats with 5-10 times the work.

Thanks again to Chad for hooking me up on this one. Hit up @milocoman if your interested in member pricing.

Committed

I was trying to say end cap.

Usually, when I hit one off the
handle or end cap it will sting my hands or the ball will just die.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I probably have 300 hits all tee work unfortunately. I like it. Very balanced bat. Might take live bp today after Mn vikes game. I put a little clip of some tee work on YouTube, some bad swings a few good ones

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I have the red and white 2018 Flipper in 26oz that my half my team uses and it seems about as hot as it's gonna get. Is the Nihilist worth the premium price over a 2019 Flipper once they go on sale?

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the red and white 2018 Flipper in 26oz that my half my team uses and it seems about as hot as it's gonna get. Is the Nihilist worth the premium price over a 2019 Flipper once they go on sale?

Funny how you mention 19 OG Flipper going on sale. It seems like that’s the only 19 model not on sale. Is that saying something about the Nihilist?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Funny how you mention 19 OG Flipper going on sale. It seems like that’s the only 19 model not on sale. Is that saying something about the Nihilist?

My buddy just won a bat raffle the other day and offered me a 26oz 2019 Flipper for $150 NIW with receipt so I'm kicking my self for not taking it even though I don't need it. I think the Nihilist is sold out everywhere so there's no rush to sell existing stock of the 2019 Flipper.

rommel

Addicted to Softballfans
I got one for a Christmas gift and put about 40 swings on it yesterday. Definitely a softer barrel and it has a real loud crack which I personally like. It’s not the same as the flipper. It feels much different that’s for sure. The sweet spot is really big. I got it in a 27oz and it swings very similar in weight and feel to my 27oz j3a gamer.

I hit a mix of bp52+ and bp rockets and I got some slight webbings to form. I don’t have a crazy swing so velos were in the mid 80s. But I did hit a few 330ish feet. It’s about 4-5mph off of my j3a which I’ll hit into the low 90s. I hope with another 100 swings it’ll catch up.

Bagz

Bang!!
I hit a mix of bp52+ and bp rockets and I got some slight webbings to form.
If those BP rockets are the orange and white ones I'd suggest not hitting those with the nihilist, since it's non linear. Keep swinging it with 52s and keep us posted with some updates.

rommel

Addicted to Softballfans
If those BP rockets are the orange and white ones I'd suggest not hitting those with the nihilist, since it's non linear. Keep swinging it with 52s and keep us posted with some updates.

They are the orange and white ones. But I figure I don’t have that crazy of a swing so I’m hoping to break in a little faster.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I wouldn't get too brave with the BP Rockets and the Nihilist, honestly. Just give it a steady diet of 52's and it'll come around.

DeMarini really hit the nail on the head with this new tech they're using from the divergence gap that the Flippers feature. Not taking anything away from the Flippers, but the Nihilist is no joke.