No Pics, No Thread

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Good thing it is happening now. I would have had to use ALOT of paper a while back.

tmanstan

The Veteran
This is great! I always considered asking ppl to take a pic with written date stamp before dealing, but figured most ppl would just laugh since it's not in the how to sell rules.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Love this new rule! Great addition. I've gone into thread periodically with guys saying "text for pics", and I've called them out on their laziness. SO happy to see this new rule put in place.

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Pics are required starting tomorrow even on threads before the effective date, threads will get deleted if no pics meeting the requirements tomorrow, just FYI

If you see a thread that needs pics please post "#missingpics" in a reply on the thread to help us find the threads needing pics.

lefty_thrower

Addicted to Softballfans
Where'd my FS thread go?

Question...I'm a little lost here. I posted a couple of bats for sale and, bumped them a couple of times over the past couple of days. Actually posted this morning around 9am "last bump for two bats no one wants...". Well, I went in just now to see if there were any replies, and the thread is missing?? Even going to "stats", it doesn't show where I posted it. Shows my last past was about a speaker....can someone help me here...what happened?:confused:

and yes, there were multiple pictures, price, weight, etc....

lefty_thrower

Addicted to Softballfans
if they were all the same brand and in the main section it will get deleted

I thought of this, but, wouldn't they still at least show up in my "statistics" when I go to check all my posts?? The posts don't even show up there...is this odd or would that happen if they did get deleted?

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Most threads are soft deleted with a reason left showing but I see Coach went through and cleaned out all the soft deleted threads and when that happens they are hard deleted and will not show anymore.

lefty_thrower

Addicted to Softballfans
Most threads are soft deleted with a reason left showing but I see Coach went through and cleaned out all the soft deleted threads and when that happens they are hard deleted and will not show anymore.

thanks for the help and explanation....was trying to figure out what twilight zone I was in when I "didn't" post them, lol....thanks guys....they are NOW in the correct section:thumb:

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
That was a pretty creepy movie. I still hum that tune this time of year.
3 more days…
2 more days…

dun ta dun ta dun ta dun ta

stork

"#missingpics" all over them. Some are missing the name/date thing.

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
It is going to be a slow process, Mods don't get paid to do this and have outside lives, well some of them do, so on top of the normal daily moderation we have to go through each thread and check to see if there are pics with usernames and date and then delete it if not.
I know today alone I have done around 60 deletions

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
mods were aware of a controversial thread yesterday with lots of back and forth, but instead of deleting the thread it was ninja'd twice. finally deleted last night

Joker

i wouldn't be able to delete the ones i want. ace only posts in sections i can't see

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
So far this new policy is more bark than bite - still quite a few non-compliant threads.
Please use the 'report post' function and we will get to it. It's difficult to go through every thread posted. We rely on the users to help us out here as well as every other rule. Appreciate the help! :biggthumpup:

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
So the rule states "pics" with an "S", plural, so just one pic won't do. I'd like to see details of both sides of the barrel, and I like to see the knob, I don't like buying sticks missing weight stickers. Show me that in the O.P. and it will save a lot of PM's back and forth.

stork

Noticing a number of sales where they are putting name/date on pics via ms paint or the like. You can put this over any pic, so this doesn't seem to be very legit.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Please use the 'report post' function and we will get to it. It's difficult to go through every thread posted. We rely on the users to help us out here as well as every other rule. Appreciate the help! :biggthumpup:

report.gif
is your friend :pics:

Jroby9

The Kid
Can we make it known the rule isn't put your info in the picture with paint? It must be a piece of real paper and ink.