Nokomis, IL Homecoming July 8-10

arny31

Addicted to Softballfans
Nokomis, IL Homecoming July 8-10 (CHANGE)

NSA C&D "Cash" Tournament
$200 entry
Payouts base of number of teams- (ex. 12, 1st$650, 2nd$450, 3rd$325, 4th$150)
5 Homeruns
NSA bats 400comp balls
1&1 Count NO Courtesy
6-10 arch limit
Can bat 12

Contact Info,
Jason Arndt
Cell, 217.416.0973
Email, [email protected]

Last edited:
Hey arny, this is kris. Played with brian malloy from seasons.
You guys got anything going on following the homecoming. I will be in the area and looking for a tournament.

bweak2

The Veteran
I guess so Kirby.

How are you going to check to make sure teams dont load up? Dont want to bring a knife to gun fight. I know I will be upset if I see B players showing up. For last couple years this has been one of the best tournaments in Central Illinois it would be a shame to see it lose its luster because of the fact that some teams follow the rules and so dont. Looking forward to the Tournament

bweak2

Repp459

Addicted to Softballfans
Well having only 5 C players kicks out just about every team that played in the last nokomis tournament

arny31

Addicted to Softballfans
I am going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt regarding the players! With this tournament I already have 7 local teams b/c the whole Homecoming thing going on, and I always give them first priority. If you have any questions regarding your personnel call or email me.

arny31

Addicted to Softballfans
Deadline

I will probably draw this up the weekend of the 4th of July unless i have a couple of teams pending. So, to anwer your question July 1st and 2nd will be the last couple of days i will be taking teams. Brackets will be posted and sent out Tuesday July 5th.

Jason

arny31

Addicted to Softballfans
Bakers dozen,

I am getting married the following weekend, so no nothing go with us.
jason

dtreidjr

SilverBullet01 > Hacker72
I am going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt regarding the players! With this tournament I already have 7 local teams b/c the whole Homecoming thing going on, and I always give them first priority. If you have any questions regarding your personnel call or email me.

I am not playing and have no stake in this, but see a VERY easy solution to this. You don't give ANYONE the benefit of the doubt. You can't do that. This is softball and it is extremely serious to some people. A lot of these people will cheat at the drop of a hat if they think others will say "Man, that guy hit a bomb" (I.E. shaved bats). They won't think twice about trying to bring a "B" player to play and then say "Well, you didn't tell me he couldn't play and he drove 3 hours to play!".

It's real simple. You tell every coach that they are allowed a maximum of 5 NSA C players and no one higher. Or you can even say 5 NSA or ASA C players. Then, as the person RUNNING the tournament and the person making the rule, you check to make sure that the rule you have made is followed.

Then you print this: http://www.illinoisasa.org/content/view/194/382/ for asa.

And you have your phone on you and check people's status' that are in question on playnsa.com. For instance, you go to playnsa.com and on the left hand side is the "Player or Team search". You click on that and look up that person. In the last year that they played NSA on that list, that's what their classification is.

It may sound like some work, but it's your rule. If you make the rule and run the tournament, you should make sure it's being followed and NOT give people the benefit of the doubt. Because slowpitch softball players have shown that when given the chance to cheat, more often than not, they will.

jshell73

Far from Normal
I hate to say it but I completely agree. If it was me, I'd have the rosters in to me before brackets get sent out. I guarentee a couple teams will drop if you have roster checks.

jtk23

Addicted to Softballfans
Why not just say any team that may be good or has the potential to win it cant play!!! Geesh...Im with Repp. 5 C players rules out about every team that has a chance to win it!!! Thats the problem with softball these days. No one wants the competition. Not saying its you Arny and maybe your hands are tied but it is getting redundant in IL Softball. We got reclassed to C so we could play some local ball and it is never enough. Everyone is always moving down. I personally don't go to any tourney with the intention of losing. I at least want to win my money back. We never load up for any tourney. I play with my friends and it just so happens they can ball a little. Simple as that. I also like playing at Nokomis because I have a bunch of friends who do also and its a laid back deal where we can all hang out. We'd love to play but I can't cut half my friends to come play....How do you tell 5 of your good friends they can't play? Simple as that.

arny31

Addicted to Softballfans
kirby,

i understand where your coming from. I am going to change the player classifcation back to NSA C&D like the first one I hosted in May. You guys are more than welcome to come.

jason

jshell73

Far from Normal
Why not just say any team that may be good or has the potential to win it cant play!!! Geesh...Im with Repp. 5 C players rules out about every team that has a chance to win it!!! Thats the problem with softball these days. No one wants the competition. Not saying its you Arny and maybe your hands are tied but it is getting redundant in IL Softball. We got reclassed to C so we could play some local ball and it is never enough. Everyone is always moving down. I personally don't go to any tourney with the intention of losing. I at least want to win my money back. We never load up for any tourney. I play with my friends and it just so happens they can ball a little. Simple as that. I also like playing at Nokomis because I have a bunch of friends who do also and its a laid back deal where we can all hang out. We'd love to play but I can't cut half my friends to come play....How do you tell 5 of your good friends they can't play? Simple as that.

I understand where you're coming from too Kirby, but you can't openly say no roster checks on a D&E tourney. It'd be like saying you can't swing an Ultra 2's, but we're not really enforcing it.

dtreidjr

SilverBullet01 > Hacker72
i understand where your coming from. I am going to change the player classifcation back to NSA C&D like the first one I hosted in May. You guys are more than welcome to come.

jason

I agree with what Kirby said too. It's frustrating trying to get in tournaments when you're classified B and can't get in any. My only thing with this, and again I'm not playing in it and have nothing to do with it beside giving my opinion in the thread, is that if you're gonna say C players, make sure their last NSA sanction was C. Don't take any **** from the coaches. If a team shows up with a guy and the last NSA team he was on was a 2009 B team, then he can't play in the tournament. The coaches know the rule and it is THEIR job to make sure their players are legal. From a guy that's ran 20+ tournaments with restrictions on players, it's something that you have to do and be consistent with.

Pulling up the players info from playnsa.com is as easy as it gets. Any iphone or droid will do it from the fields with no problems.

mr. 73%

Addicted to Softballfans
Hows this tourney shaping up so far? number of teams? whens the brackets gonna be done and released? sounds like it should be a good tourney

arny31

Addicted to Softballfans
Bracket's done!

Fellas-

Would like to Thank everyone for getting in. Greatly appreciated. We ended up with 15 teams, so it should be a blast. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. Thanks again...

The Host,

Jason Arndt (arny)
[email protected]

Last edited:

jtk23

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks to Arny and the 4 baggers for another fun and great tourney. The Nokomis Homecoming tourney is one that many in the area look forward to every year. Guess if it wasn't a good one they wouldn't have a 20 year history of this tourney!!! Thx guys!!!

jtk23

Addicted to Softballfans
Precision Recovery/Xtreme Dzignz
Charleston Bears
Swarm
Bottoms Up

Cant remember who was 5th

JK

dpick67

Addicted to Softballfans
congrats to precision! i know we had a good time this weekend. thanks to arny and the guys for a great tournament.

arny31

Addicted to Softballfans
All-

Just would like to Thank everyone for making Nokomis Homecoming a success for another year! I know I told Kirby yesterday afternoon that it was 20th year, but did some research and this year was number 22 for the slowpitch softball tournament. Congratulations to all the top teams! Everyone showed a lot of class this weekend, and that's in what my opinion makes it worth hosting every year. Hope everyone has a winning summer, and hope too see ya all back next year for the 23rd annual Nokomis Homecoming.

Thanks again,
Jason M. Arndt "Arny"