Nokona Steerhide Pro L-1300H

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
Wondering if anybody has picked one of these up yet. Looks very similar to my 12.75 Bloodline. I love the "thickness" on my Bloodline. I know alot of people did not like the weight of the glove. Was just wondering if they made this glove lighter? What are pro's and con's of this mitt? Thank you.

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm trying to talk Momma into getting it for me. Don't think she will go for it, but I gotta try!

eyeinthesky

switch hitter
Very interested to know more about this glove. All I've seen is weird hazy stock photos of the new black model. Not in love with white stitching. Can't tell, does it have double-H web? If so, I might need to dig up some cash.

Anybody pick one of these up yet?

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't know if it has double H-web, or not. I do know that is a 13" model, so I'm guessing it prolly has a huge pocket. I'm kinda hoping it is similar to my black bloodline. I'm guessing the Steerhide will be a lil different, tho.

eyeinthesky

switch hitter
Emailed Nokona (such great customer service, btw) about this glove.

"We have produced an all-Black Legend Pro™ model exclusively for one of our Authorized Nokona Retailers. This particular model is produced with the following specifications:

· 13” Right Hand Throw
· Black H web
· Black Lace
· White Thread
· 2014 Logo on wrist, Indian Head oval on thumb [Previous branding]
· Open Back"

eyeinthesky

switch hitter
The H web looks odd in this photo. Not the standard H, but I don't think it's the old double-H either. Does have X lacing on the web, though.

We need Rous on the case.

DSC05885__88166.1462562689.1280.1280.JPG

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
That is the old WB-1275 double-H web, but it was originally used on a Nokona first base mitt, which is why is looks so beefy. They have made this glove attern with both a basket and with a simpler H web (now called a 13" model -- as it measures closer to 13" than 12.75"). I know they knew it was a heavy glove in walnut or bloodline black. So I am going to bet this black leather is lighter than the Bloodline leather, but I don't know how much. The pattern reminds me of a 1799, but with a somewhat smaller hand stall.

eyeinthesky

switch hitter
Rous, that double-H usually runs fairly wide, correct?

Nokona's site says the L-series is a stiff glove that requires an extended break-in, but that was in reference to the tan leather.

Gators21

Manager
Wondering if anybody has picked one of these up yet. Looks very similar to my 12.75 Bloodline. I love the "thickness" on my Bloodline. I know alot of people did not like the weight of the glove. Was just wondering if they made this glove lighter? What are pro's and con's of this mitt? Thank you.

Are you talking about the tan sandstone model? If so, I have the 12.75 model. I initially purchased the 13" model and it was too wide - ridiculously wide. The leather is not really stiff, but it is very nice and very light.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Changing the width of a web by 1/4" can make a big difference. I think this is probably a pretty standard 4-5/8" wide web.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I asked Rob about the black leather. Here is what he said.

"It is slightly stiffer than the sandstone. It is actually called Black Greasy by the tanner, so it has a little oil in it and has a slightly rough texture compared to Sandstone."

kratos1981

Does anybody know if this glove is built like Nokona's baseball gloves? Tighter finger stalls, and slightly smaller width or like the softball designated gloves that have bigger finger stalls and super wide deep pockets. It looks like the 1275H style baseball gloves but at 13" that would put it in the WS-1300 size category.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
This one is bigger. They may call it 13" now, but it is the same pattern as the 1275H (which was a big glove).