Donkeypuncher

Addicted to Softballfans
If the umpire doesn't catch you it's gtg. Lol

Most of the time it's a warning then if its done again it's an ejection

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
If the umpire doesn't catch you it's gtg. Lol

Most of the time it's a warning then if its done again it's an ejection

Maybe in league (which shouldn't be the case), but definitely not in ASA Championship Play.

As soon as the batter steps into the batter's box with a non-approved or altered bat, the batter is out AND ejected (ASA 7-6-B). No warning is given, no pitch needs to be thrown.

oppo

Coach
If the umpire doesn't catch you, you are still a pos cheater.
Fixed it for you ;)

As soon as the batter steps into the batter's box with a non-approved or altered bat, the batter is out AND ejected (ASA 7-6-B). No warning is given, no pitch needs to be thrown.
^^^This

If you see someone with a non-approved bat just ask the ump to check it. Personally, I would wait until they step into the box before saying anything and let them get themselves tossed. I have no use for cheaters. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to have a copy of the "ASA Non-Approved Bat List with Certification Marks" aka banned list available.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Fixed it for you ;)

^^^This

If you see someone with a non-approved bat just ask the ump to check it. Personally, I would wait until they step into the box before saying anything and let them get themselves tossed. I have no use for cheaters. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to have a copy of the "ASA Non-Approved Bat List with Certification Marks" aka banned list available.

Also wouldn't hurt to print up rule 3-1 from the ASA website. They have everything clearly spelled out for all to understand.

I'll also note that it's perfectly acceptable for an umpire to stop a batter BEFORE he steps into the batter's box with an illegal/altered/non-approved bat whenever possible. It's considered preventative umpiring.

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe in league (which shouldn't be the case), but definitely not in ASA Championship Play.

ASA 7-6-B

^^^This.............

oppo said:

And ^^^this...........

Joel