North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off!

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Good luck and safe travels to everyone this weekend as we all travel this weekend to wherever we're playing. Look forward to updates from everyone since most own a smart phone.

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One
Well it didn't start off good being down 10-0 going into the 4th inning but we came back and won 13-12 in bottom of 8. MJL had a very key 3-run HR to help with the comeback. Play at 9pm MT for our next game. How's everyone else doing?

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Well we went 3-2 here in Grand forks. Lost first game on Saturday to hooligans out of Fargo then beat BWW. Played Big D's and BWW today to advance to semi finals to play hooligans again. Once again lost by 1 in the bottom of 7. Tough loss again but had fun. Put up 66 runs all weekend and lost by 1 both games. And our big guy took the HR derby with 6 into the wind. Not bad

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Well it didn't start off good being down 10-0 going into the 4th inning but we came back and won 13-12 in bottom of 8. MJL had a very key 3-run HR to help with the comeback. Play at 9pm MT for our next game. How's everyone else doing?

How'd you guys do overall in the tourney? Wouldve loved to join you guys for this tournament but had one here locally.

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One
How'd you guys do overall in the tourney? Wouldve loved to join you guys for this tournament but had one here locally.

We tied for 5th, ended up losing both our games on Sunday. It would have been a blast to have you guys there. They use the 44/375 balls so alot of us weren't prepared bat wise for that and you could also steal, so it took a little time to get use to that.

M

MJL 00

^^^^ we had 2 hard fought games on Sat, won both by 1 in extras. Lost to VERY good team Sunday morning and it was another close one, super nice guys. Spent all of energy on that game so lost 4th game to the team that took 2nd overall. They hit well BUT we made alot of errors the last two innings. johnnyb was right bout the stealing, that killed us last game cause throw the friggin ball away. I cant say much cause went 0-3 which never do, and missed a diving catch in OF which isnt norm either so I wasnt much help...Fun but very disappointing...

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Yes there is plenty of talk here in GF. I think it's good for the softball community and hopefully forces people to play up where they should be. As for pitching to big man, it was me. We do plenty of bp to know where he can crush them. Nobody came close to his number. He cleared the fence easy while the others hit 1 that barely went over. Lol

M

MJL 00

Went 11 for 11 tonight with Monsta...im not saying it doesnt have distance ability BUT man the exit speed got ever better tonight. Estimate hits @650 now and still super clean, couple small webbed spots...lil more bp in the future...wish you were there johnnyb ;)

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One
Went 11 for 11 tonight with Monsta...im not saying it doesnt have distance ability BUT man the exit speed got ever better tonight. Estimate hits @650 now and still super clean, couple small webbed spots...lil more bp in the future...wish you were there johnnyb ;)

Good job!! Wish I would have came and watched also, but there was no way Londyn was letting me out of her sight. She followed me everywhere I went and sat with me the whole night watching the Homerun Derby asking me "Daddy, do you hit the softball that far?" I wish is all I could tell her. The Monsta is legit that's for sure. Need to get a bunch more of hits on mine. Might have to get the ball bag from you and do some BP at Healthways this weekend. Put a good 700 cuts on it, then maybe I can keep up with you! ;)

DaHitter33

Bats 'N Hoes
how'd y'all end up doiing?

Poor showing bro...we played outstanding the first game and won easliy against Rocky Mountain Heat...then we played very poorly against MIA and ended up losing our third game to some team I have never heard of 20-19. It was a poor showing for us offensively. Hope you had a safe trip back to Cali.

M

MJL 00

Good job!! Wish I would have came and watched also, but there was no way Londyn was letting me out of her sight. She followed me everywhere I went and sat with me the whole night watching the Homerun Derby asking me "Daddy, do you hit the softball that far?" I wish is all I could tell her. The Monsta is legit that's for sure. Need to get a bunch more of hits on mine. Might have to get the ball bag from you and do some BP at Healthways this weekend. Put a good 700 cuts on it, then maybe I can keep up with you! ;)

I would take bp with ya BUT found out 40^ is this wkend in Mandan. 1215 diamond 1 if your bored hahaha.

M

MJL 00

Depending on what fam is doing, Friday night would be good time for some bp fella

_CS_

Addicted to Softballfans
It's not that great. Balls are like socks. Low scoring defensive games. Not that fun to play. The party is awesome tho.

dm6

Addicted to Softballfans
John Michael Montgomery is playing saturday night........it's no Blackhawk like last year, but it'll have to do.

And yes those balls do suck.

JESSE55

Coach
That should work out depending on when the kids want to go to the movie, but we try to go to matinees with them so that should be fine.

Get ahold of me if going after 6...mine needs a ton more cuts as well. Had a couple girls swing the white bat and the are excited to see how the black version will be.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sigh. The northstar boards are my new favorite thing. Do people not get out of the house? So close minded. Keeps things interesting. :)

M

MJL 00

Get ahold of me if going after 6...mine needs a ton more cuts as well. Had a couple girls swing the white bat and the are excited to see how the black version will be.

They pop up as high as you can though :eek:

We will do that. The black bat will be impressive that'f for sure!!!;)

yada yada proof is in the pudding Chucky...let a fp hitter swing it, if you know anyone that hits fp bats ;)

Also that one piece im waiting for...