North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off!

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Went down to Fargo this weekend and it looks like them boys will get in an April early tourney. Lot of snow has melted off so hopefully the ground will soften up. Unfortunately for GF, Friday's snowfall screwed us alittle longer...

DaHitter33

Bats 'N Hoes
Went down to Fargo this weekend and it looks like them boys will get in an April early tourney. Lot of snow has melted off so hopefully the ground will soften up. Unfortunately for GF, Friday's snowfall screwed us alittle longer...

Jason, how you been? No more snow up here in Minot, but still nothing but indoor BP for the foreseeable future. I am heading to Vegas next week to play in a USSSA Conference tourney.....so be jealous:rockon:

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
I would say we are safe with May earlybirds BUT not holding my breath

I sure hope so we missed the Moorhead one last year. Really hoping that ones runs this year otherwise we have to wait an extra 2 weeks to head down to Sioux Falls.

MB:cool:

wibstad5406

Addicted to Softballfans
like jason said pretty much all our snow is gone and its suppose to be a little warmer this week so hopefully starts drying everything up nice

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
You suck Scott. Pretty cool you're getting to play though. Should be a good time. Who you playing with?

I'm sure Fargo will have 1 April tourney. It's night and day difference in snow amount in GF.

DaHitter33

Bats 'N Hoes
You suck Scott. Pretty cool you're getting to play though. Should be a good time. Who you playing with?

I'm sure Fargo will have 1 April tourney. It's night and day difference in snow amount in GF.

I am playing with a team of guys from California, Arizona, and N. Dakota...Sounds weird, but we should have a good team. The name of the team is L.O.B. (Legion of Boom)....I didn't pick the name! I cant wait to get out of this cold weather for a while.

M

MJL 00

Ya this cold is wearing on everyone...indoor can only do for so long. Well with my girls traveling vball im tied up for many wkends, so May 10th is gonna be first wkend can play so im GTG hopefully by then.

M

MJL 00

Heck ive even seen night and day diff between Bismarck and Mandan even this year...

Gathman_4

Call me Nighthawk
I am playing with a team of guys from California, Arizona, and N. Dakota...Sounds weird, but we should have a good team. The name of the team is L.O.B. (Legion of Boom)....I didn't pick the name! I cant wait to get out of this cold weather for a while.
Hey look at this, another Minot guy. What night is the upper in Minot?

M

MJL 00

Atleast you have somewhere to hit indoor, GF has nothing. Pretty ****ty if you ask me.

Ya and now the dome is actually pretty nice, can use your own bp balls, no dimples...machine is nice or can pitch which I like better personally

PJWW805

Addicted to Softballfans
just heard from the rumor mill that league in williston is a no composite league? any truth to that? ill be pretty bummed considering i just bought a j3a and wont get to play with it :/

M

MJL 00

^^^^man that would suck :wtf2:. If that's the case lmk I got a mint metal TPS double wall I would send ya...

DaHitter33

Bats 'N Hoes
Hey look at this, another Minot guy. What night is the upper in Minot?

Last year it was on Thursdays. There is probably not going to be a Minot team consisting of base players like last year, Titan Machinary. Several guys have PCS'd and others have found other teams. We will probably all play with different teams for league.

Gathman_4

Call me Nighthawk
Last year it was on Thursdays. There is probably not going to be a Minot team consisting of base players like last year, Titan Machinary. Several guys have PCS'd and others have found other teams. We will probably all play with different teams for league.

I know I am playing with Homesteaders but that is the extent of my knowledge for league. MJL who is all playing in the Thursday upper in Bis? I know Paramount is doing a league team on Weds this year.

M

MJL 00

I know I am playing with Homesteaders but that is the extent of my knowledge for league. MJL who is all playing in the Thursday upper in Bis? I know Paramount is doing a league team on Weds this year.

Congrads to Homesteaders for picking up a GTG player Gath...

ok my REC 2 team is playing Wed too and there is a league only team that lost like one game last year, and now we are gonna play a D team also in league hhhmmm cause team that took second in last years Wed is rec 2 and rest is also or below... hey I don't mind playing better completion but always thought rec1/D and up are Thursday upper??? Have them go play Wed upper in Mandan...And why would Paramount who placed in some tournys last year wanna go to Wed upper and play rec 2 teams??? Lil odd IMO...O well...

AS of now to my knowledge think Thurs is:

Heartland(like 6 of their guys and some local fellas)
Corral Bar/Taxi 9000(old Pita I believe)
Bufallo WW/Dvorak - Kinni's team
Men's Hair
Inges Pub which is now D(guess part Coup Counters and some others)
Lodge/ Red Door homes?
Bistro?
Hooters
Dakota Staffing?

Bout all I can think of..

Last edited by a moderator:

Gathman_4

Call me Nighthawk
Congrads to Homesteaders for picking up a GTG player Gath...

ok my REC 2 team is playing Wed too and there is a league only team that lost like one game last year, and now we are gonna play a D team also in league hhhmmm cause team that took second in last years Wed is rec 2 and rest is also or below... hey I don't mind playing better completion but always thought rec1/D and up are Thursday upper??? Have them go play Wed upper in Mandan...And why would Paramount who placed in some tournys last year wanna go to Wed upper and play rec 2 teams??? Lil odd IMO...O well...

AS of now to my knowledge think Thurs is:

Heartland(like 6 of their guys and some local fellas)
Corral Bar/Taxi 9000(old Pita I believe)
Bufallo WW/Dvorak - Kinni's team
Men's Hair
Inges Pub which is now D(guess part Coup Counters and some others)
Lodge/ Red Door homes?
Bistro?
Hooters
Dakota Staffing?

Bout all I can think of..
Yea I still play tournies with the Paramount boys. I was on that league only team from last year that only lost once. I understand your frustration with it too. The problem is that too many of those guys cant play on thursday with work and kids so they decided to move to weds. Being that Kinni is on the board and weds is technically a "D/Rec1" league he feels obligated to play a night of league in the town he is on the board for. It just so happens that BWW/Paramount has to play on Weds this year. That team was so damn good last year it was ridiculous

Wrangham, both Streeters, Kinni, Wenzel, Nordmeier, Meidinger, DRock, Franz, DeKrey, Fettig, Merkel and Me. We were stacked

M

MJL 00

o well that makes sense then that is the same team then, and only one that isnt rec 2 or below,,,sorry i misunderstood. ya im sure they will be good again. The league is very competitive except for them hahaha. hey makes guys better. i played on Tues team years ago that played 24 games 19 of them we 12 run ruiled teams, they were pissed. Learned long ago people are gonna ***** no matter what...bad part is 80% of our team is old pro LMAO

Gathman_4

Call me Nighthawk
o well that makes sense then that is the same team then, and only one that isnt rec 2 or below,,,sorry i misunderstood. ya im sure they will be good again. The league is very competitive except for them hahaha. hey makes guys better. i played on Tues team years ago that played 24 games 19 of them we 12 run ruiled teams, they were pissed. Learned long ago people are gonna ***** no matter what...bad part is 80% of our team is old pro LMAO

Yea its a tough spot for Kinni but he wants his guys to play league and obviously doesnt feel like he can just ignore the league he helps organize. The good news is that we didnt treat it like it was an upper league. We competed but not like jerks.

M

MJL 00

^^^ o ya good group of fellas for sure, that is not a prob...plus I know they are not out to pound sand up peoples a$$e$. We wanna play good competition, everyone knows playing better teams makes you a better team unless loosing by 20 all the time hahaha. Big thing don't think we will have a 50 year old pitch ;). Geez against them might have to pull out the CF3 :thumb:

Deerock

The Prospect
Yea its a tough spot for Kinni but he wants his guys to play league and obviously doesnt feel like he can just ignore the league he helps organize. The good news is that we didnt treat it like it was an upper league. We competed but not like jerks.

Gath you are 100% right buddy. It was definitely fun and I dont think too many teams were that upset with playing against us. We treated everyone well and didn't cause drama or act like asses. Hell, we had multiple close games and teams competed with us! It is going to be weird not playing Thursday nights though!

M

MJL 00

Gath you are 100% right buddy. It was definitely fun and I dont think too many teams were that upset with playing against us. We treated everyone well and didn't cause drama or act like asses. Hell, we had multiple close games and teams competed with us! It is going to be weird not playing Thursday nights though!

Ya seen Mags has a rec 1 team entered in McQs guessing not too many old Petro guys went with him? Wonder how many teams they are even gonna have for Thurs

rfettig6

Addicted to Softballfans
Gordy was calling around to the top teams from the middle league on his own to see what they would do if they got bumped to the upper...rumor is that he got his way and it's only 6 or 7 teams... In regards to Mags, I don't think you'll find any Rec 1/2 teams afraid to play them. They took our 2nd worst player batting average wise if that's any indication the direction they were going.

Gathman_4

Call me Nighthawk
Gordy was calling around to the top teams from the middle league on his own to see what they would do if they got bumped to the upper...rumor is that he got his way and it's only 6 or 7 teams... In regards to Mags, I don't think you'll find any Rec 1/2 teams afraid to play them. They took our 2nd worst player batting average wise if that's any indication the direction they were going.

Who did you guys add/lose this year Fettig?

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Glad to see we have some Bismarck guys on here besides MJL. Always good to hear what's happening on the other side of the state.

M

MJL 00

jeez yea they might not have 6 or 7 teams
Ya im guessing, too bad but not like alot of guys wanting to play in that league.

Gordy getting his way NEVER...you is softball god hahaha...ive played against him for years and it will never change in Bismarck. Thur upper will just end up being MAYBE 4 teams soon.

Glad to see we have some Bismarck guys on here besides MJL. Always good to hear what's happening on the other side of the state.

There alot of GTG fellas on here, they just aren't as BS dedicated as rest of us LMAO