Any Now This Was Freakin' Awesome...

BretMan

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure most of you are familiar with NCASAUmp, one of this forum's resident rule experts. This past weekend I had the great pleasure of meeting the man behind the screen name (and his lovely wife, too).

Despite rumors that he is nothing more than a myth- like some sort of blue-wearing, rule-spewing, illegal bat-tossing internet legend- I can assure that, yes, he really does exist!

It was as if the stars aligned just right. We live about 500 miles and three states apart. As luck would have it, I was vacationing in a city a hundred miles from his home the same day that he had business to attend to in the very city where I was staying. We couldn't let a chance like that pass by!

We had a long lunch that turned into a couple of hours of trading softball war stories. And I'm sure we kept our wives totally bored the entire time.

Not only does the legendary NCASAUmp really exist, but he is a good dude, too, and someone who obviously cares about the craft of umpiring. You all should be so lucky to have umpires like that covering your games! These are exactly the kinds of umpires I like to work with and would work a game with him any day.

NC, it was awesome to meet you and a highlight of my vacation. Keep up the good work, buddy. See you around the internet!

Last edited:
I'm sure most of you are familiar with NCASAUmp, one of this forum's resident rule experts. This past weekend I had the great pleasure of meeting the man behind the screen name (and his lovely wife, too).

Despite rumors that he is nothing more than a myth- like some sort of blue-wearing, rule-spewing, illegal bat-tossing internet legend- I can assure that, yes, he really does exist!

It was as if the stars aligned just right. We live about 500 miles and three states apart. As luck would have it, I was vacationing in a city a hundred miles from his home the same day that he had business to attend to in the very city where I was staying. We couldn't let a chance like that pass by!

We had a long lunch that turned into a couple of hours of trading softball war stories. And I'm sure we kept our wives totally bored the entire time.

Not only does the legendary NCASAUmp really exist, but he is a good dude, too, and someone who obviously cares about the craft of umpiring. You all should be so lucky to have umpires like that covering your games! These are exactly the kinds of umpires I like to work with and would work a game with him any day.

NC, it was awesome to meet you and a highlight of my vacation. Keep up the good work, buddy. See you around the internet!

sounds nice,but did the cheap sob spring for lunch. :eek::eek::p:p

Joker

are the rumors true? is he 7' tall, wears blue all the time, has the illegal bat list tattooed on his chest, and his left hand has turned into a clicker?

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
I heard that he is 13 feet tall, and has two sets of eyes. One at 6 feet and one at 10 feet so he can more accurately call illegal pitches (the operation before this season was pretty complicated to lower that top set of eyes), that his ballbag is really a ball bag, and if he touches his index finger and thumb together in a circle, it makes a perfect bat ring.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
And in return, I definitely had the great fortune of meeting BretMan this weekend! Just so happens my wife and I were visiting friends at the beach, and just so happens that we were buying a Jeep in that area that very weekend. On top of that, BretMan informed me that he was going to be in town.

Perfect!

We had a great lunch, and it was wonderful putting a face to the (very well-respected) name and reputation. BretMan is, most certainly, an umpire who has my utmost respect, and it was great to meet with him and his wife, have a great lunch, and bore our wives to death with talk of ejections, crazy softball plays, and the like.

BretMan, let me know the next time you're in the area! We'll gladly come down, and maybe we can hit the beach in the Jeep!

And in return, I definitely had the great fortune of meeting BretMan this weekend! Just so happens my wife and I were visiting friends at the beach, and just so happens that we were buying a Jeep in that area that very weekend. On top of that, BretMan informed me that he was going to be in town.

Perfect!

We had a great lunch, and it was wonderful putting a face to the (very well-respected) name and reputation. BretMan is, most certainly, an umpire who has my utmost respect, and it was great to meet with him and his wife, have a great lunch, and bore our wives to death with talk of ejections, crazy softball plays, and the like.

BretMan, let me know the next time you're in the area! We'll gladly come down, and maybe we can hit the beach in the Jeep!

way to much info here,i'll just leave it at that. :eek: :eek: :D

DSNuts48

Badass

So E-harmony worked? Was his **** big?