NSA E Super Worlds, Rock Hill, SC

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
i seen a midget and hooters when I was there last year and we got really drunk. Cherry something park is very nice if thats where it is again.

Yep... Hooters is like 7-10 minutes max for the park... Yeah, its at Cherry Park this year... I could see them using the complex in York as well (if they need to)... its a 4 field complex about 15-20 minutes from Cherry Park..

Ill get a list of places to stay in Rock Hill from the SC State director... I know he has one, and he usually gets good rates for ballers...

Stretch19

Grow up
they are going to use Cherry, Hargett and then fields over there at Winthrop I saw someone post earlier...

yeah we are going to be down this weekend...yall playing? finished 2nd this past weekend at States didnt you?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
they are going to use Cherry, Hargett and then fields over there at Winthrop I saw someone post earlier...

yeah we are going to be down this weekend...yall playing? finished 2nd this past weekend at States didnt you?

Yeah, we are playing this weekend to get the additional points, so we can quality for a bid.. We cruised to the ship.... then got double-dipped by VooDoo... even worse, we had an 11 run lead in the if game... 3 outs away from winning the damn thing... we made an error on a DP ball, and they scored 11 runs after that to tie it.. Then put up 6 in the bottom of the 6th... we never really responded back...

Give them credit though, they still hit the hell out of it..

Stretch19

Grow up
Yeah, we are playing this weekend to get the additional points, so we can quality for a bid.. We cruised to the ship.... then got double-dipped by VooDoo... even worse, we had an 11 run lead in the if game... 3 outs away from winning the damn thing... we made an error on a DP ball, and they scored 11 runs after that to tie it.. Then put up 6 in the bottom of the 6th... we never really responded back...

Give them credit though, they still hit the hell out of it..

damn thats a tough break right there...i dont think ive seen VooDoo play this year to be honest with you, saw yall play Straight Clownin at the NIT but that was about it...maybe we will get to see yall this weekend, hopefully not til the championship though; i wonder if its gonna get the 10 teams it needs?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
damn thats a tough break right there...i dont think ive seen VooDoo play this year to be honest with you, saw yall play Straight Clownin at the NIT but that was about it...maybe we will get to see yall this weekend, hopefully not til the championship though; i wonder if its gonna get the 10 teams it needs?

He just changed it to 2 divisions (Upper and Lower).... Hes got yall in the Lower... He put us and the Hornets in the Upper... I think he has about 10 in the Upper, and 12 in the Lower... Yall should run through that lower division, I really dont see anyone that can beat you guys...

Oh, and he now has it as a 3 game guarantee...

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Well if that bum of a C/EH yall have could hit yall would have won! :D

Man, I wish that guy would retire, and just stick to wake skiing on Lake Murrray... He's got mad skillz on the water (I hear).. :p

Oh, he did hit a BOMB (Grand Salami, too) that would have even made you proud... :D

Stretch19

Grow up
He just changed it to 2 divisions (Upper and Lower).... Hes got yall in the Lower... He put us and the Hornets in the Upper... I think he has about 10 in the Upper, and 12 in the Lower... Yall should run through that lower division, I really dont see anyone that can beat you guys...

Oh, and he now has it as a 3 game guarantee...

yeah ive been talking to him about it this morning...i think we are going to end up going to the upper to be honest. we will be without our Pitcher, 2b/leadoff, one outfielder and a utility IF which leaves us with 9. we will have to pick up 1 or 2 to make the trip so we are kinda thin which is why he put us in the lower to start with.

i dont mind playing upper and seeing the D teams, but would rather not drive 2 hours and pay 275 to do it...only reason we are going is to try and win the $$$, gonna have to see who all we will have and talk to the guy paying for everything. its up to him in the long run as as of now he wants the upper haha

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah ive been talking to him about it this morning...i think we are going to end up going to the upper to be honest. we will be without our Pitcher, 2b/leadoff, one outfielder and a utility IF which leaves us with 9. we will have to pick up 1 or 2 to make the trip so we are kinda thin which is why he put us in the lower to start with.

i dont mind playing upper and seeing the D teams, but would rather not drive 2 hours and pay 275 to do it...only reason we are going is to try and win the $$$, gonna have to see who all we will have and talk to the guy paying for everything. its up to him in the long run as as of now he wants the upper haha

Well, the good thing is the upper really is not all that strong this weekend... DJ's, B&K and Quality are probably the best 3 teams in it... Mike's will be good, but they are missing 4 starters... they would not play, but need the points. Yall should be fine in the upper...

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah b&k beats us with our full team 8 times out of 10 probably...havent seen the other two but hear they are pretty solid as well; like i said, i dont mind playing D teams one bit, but we can stay local to do that you know?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah b&k beats us with our full team 8 times out of 10 probably...havent seen the other two but hear they are pretty solid as well; like i said, i dont mind playing D teams one bit, but we can stay local to do that you know?

So true, but at least it is not loaded this weekend ... We can play with the weaker D teams, but if we had to play someone like Evil Empire, Bedrock, Carolina Smoke... we would probably get our asses handed to us.

CUT 4

Addicted to Softballfans
Man, I wish that guy would retire, and just stick to wake skiing on Lake Murrray... He's got mad skillz on the water (I hear).. :p

Oh, he did hit a BOMB (Grand Salami, too) that would have even made you proud... :D

I hear ya big dawg! I didn't hit the 1st ball hard last weekend, but I DID have my **** swing goin! :D

Stretch19

Grow up
So true, but at least it is not loaded this weekend ... We can play with the weaker D teams, but if we had to play someone like Evil Empire, Bedrock, Carolina Smoke... we would probably get our asses handed to us.

yeah i feel you on that...i figured it would be watered down with the big ISA tourney going on in cherokee...you not going to worlds?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Stretch: Did you guys end up winning that thing?? Playing 8 games (6 back-to-back) in that heat sucked, but winning it(co-champs) was worth it..

Stretch19

Grow up
bro, that was a hell of a run yall made...I saw yall lost your first game and honestly was pretty shocked when i walked over and saw yall about to play B&K at the end of the day, congrats on that and being SC Points champions!

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah we won the lower, doesnt really say much though with the teams that were in it, but a win none the less i suppose...as of thursday we had 9 and 1 of those was a pick up who hadnt played in 2 years. with what we had then i told jeff to keep us in lower cause we didnt have enough to compete with yall, b&K, mikes, prestige, etc...

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
bro, that was a hell of a run yall made...I saw yall lost your first game and honestly was pretty shocked when i walked over and saw yall about to play B&K at the end of the day, congrats on that and being SC Points champions!

Yeah, we started playing much after our first game... Beat Quality, and kinda went from there.... I really thought when we had to play B&K, we would have to score 20+ to get by them, but they just did not hit it against us... They had 1 inning to get it close (6th inning), but that was about it...

Im not sure how we will do this weekend, got a few injuries on the team after this past weekend... Hope we hit it... we need to win a state...

Glad yall ended up winning it... We had about 8 beers left in the cooler, and it was a race from the fields to the parking lot to see who would get them, so we didnt stay around to watch yall's last game.. :D

Stretch19

Grow up
Yeah, we started playing much after our first game... Beat Quality, and kinda went from there.... I really thought when we had to play B&K, we would have to score 20+ to get by them, but they just did not hit it against us... They had 1 inning to get it close (6th inning), but that was about it...

Im not sure how we will do this weekend, got a few injuries on the team after this past weekend... Hope we hit it... we need to win a state...

Glad yall ended up winning it... We had about 8 beers left in the cooler, and it was a race from the fields to the parking lot to see who would get them, so we didnt stay around to watch yall's last game.. :D

ah, i dont blame you a bit bro, i surely wouldnt have hung around to see yall finish after being out there playing in that all day haha...ole guff has some pretty nice english on most of his pitches huh? watched a lil of the b&k game from the backstop and that **** was going every which way

i heard b&k didnt really play that well vs yall...from what i saw of it down the lf line playing pepper the chatter yall had going kinda got in their head. they got some good ball players but some questionable heads. what happened with the peanut gallery comment? i had left out by the point haha

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
ah, i dont blame you a bit bro, i surely wouldnt have hung around to see yall finish after being out there playing in that all day haha...ole guff has some pretty nice english on most of his pitches huh? watched a lil of the b&k game from the backstop and that **** was going every which way

i heard b&k didnt really play that well vs yall...from what i saw of it down the lf line playing pepper the chatter yall had going kinda got in their head. they got some good ball players but some questionable heads. what happened with the peanut gallery comment? i had left out by the point haha

Well, we heard them before the game debating if it was going to take either 4 or 5 innings to beat us... and then how they were going to have to beat Prestige Worldwide quickly in the first game, so they could get the if game started by 11:00... They didnt respect us from the get-go... which is fine with us... we get that from time to time..

Yeah, you are talking about Gee (he played 2B against them)... he is always talking.... and 99% of it is to get in the opponent's head..... and honestly, it usually works... They were a little ****y in the first inning... that got Gee going, and once we got up 6-7 runs, Gee really started talking smack.... Couple of those guys (especially the pitcher and the 2B--the older guy) got into a "verbal spat" with him... but it was all good...

Even the umpires doing that game (who know us well) said after "Gee got into their heads, and once he did that... it took them out of their game"...

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah the super 8 isnt bad man, its definitely not the worst place ive ever stayed, thats for sure. i will serve its purpose just fine i have a feeling and i like i said, its right off the same road the park is on, literally 5-10 minutes from the fields tops.

Yea im with Jeff on this one, The Super 8 is not bad at all.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
FYI: A good hotel to stay at in Rock Hill is the Baymont Inn&Suites (Just off Cherry Rd) on Hwy 21... Rates around $69/night, and just as nice as a Hampton Inn... Ya get a fridge and a microwave in the room, and they have a hot breakfast in the morning as well.... Probably a 5 minute ride to the fields from there... That is where I always stay.

Stretch19

Grow up
Well, we heard them before the game debating if it was going to take either 4 or 5 innings to beat us... and then how they were going to have to beat Prestige Worldwide quickly in the first game, so they could get the if game started by 11:00... They didnt respect us from the get-go... which is fine with us... we get that from time to time..

Yeah, you are talking about Gee (he played 2B against them)... he is always talking.... and 99% of it is to get in the opponent's head..... and honestly, it usually works... They were a little ****y in the first inning... that got Gee going, and once we got up 6-7 runs, Gee really started talking smack.... Couple of those guys (especially the pitcher and the 2B--the older guy) got into a "verbal spat" with him... but it was all good...

Even the umpires doing that game (who know us well) said after "Gee got into their heads, and once he did that... it took them out of their game"...

yeah thats never a good thing...i was told early on you never give a team a reason to beat you and sounds like they did just that...

their pitcher Bzo is a really good dude, the plays league ball with us and a couple of our guys. good ball player but one of the ones i was talking about that can lose his cool rather quickly. our pitcher who wasnt there this weekend is the same way as Gee it sounds like...he will talk talk and then talk some more and once the other team lets him in there, its a wrap. its amazing how mental this game in haha

Stretch19

Grow up
FYI: A good hotel to stay at in Rock Hill is the Baymont Inn&Suites (Just off Cherry Rd) on Hwy 21... Rates around $69/night, and just as nice as a Hampton Inn... Ya get a fridge and a microwave in the room, and they have a hot breakfast in the morning as well.... Probably a 5 minute ride to the fields from there... That is where I always stay.

we got a room during the day cause of the long ass break we had at the rock hill motel and i would highly suggest steering clear of that place haha...it was nice to sit in some a/c and take a shower, but as a whole, i wouldnt want to spend the weekend there

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
we got a room during the day cause of the long ass break we had at the rock hill motel and i would highly suggest steering clear of that place haha...it was nice to sit in some a/c and take a shower, but as a whole, i wouldnt want to spend the weekend there

Do stay clear from the bar that is part of the hotel (Backstage)... Its a Karaoke Bar/WW (Weight Watchers) hangout... After a 6-pack, I went in there for about an hour... there had to be 200 people in there, guessing 2/3rds women..... and there was not 15 of them in there under 180lbs...

Stretch19

Grow up
Do stay clear from the bar that is part of the hotel (Backstage)... Its a Karaoke Bar/WW (Weight Watchers) hangout... After a 6-pack, I went in there for about an hour... there had to be 200 people in there, guessing 2/3rds women..... and there was not 15 of them in there under 180lbs...

bwahahahhahha, i will be sure to mention this to a couple of our guys...they will be in line for it to open up!

LoveyPSU

Sorry, wrong trajectory
Is this the weekend of October 8th? If so, my team (Krazy Otto's - Crofton, MD) will be there but I'll be at the Penn State/Iowa game. You'll have to let me know how they do. It's much better to have an outsider's opinion than hear it from them. :p