NSA E Super Worlds, Rock Hill, SC

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
team has not qualified so i am good.

When you commit to a competitive tourney team that plans on attending Worlds/Nationals, you should first look when the big tournaments are scheduled and then plan your vacation/leisure schedule accordingly. If you can't go those big weekends at the end of the year, don't bother playing at all. IJS

BUMP for Gorms finding a team.

Hap, meet Gorms.......Gorms, meet Hap. IMO BD's could use another infielder and Gorms could use a team. LMK if there's anything else I can do :D

Stretch19

Grow up
Damn,u have lost your mind if u consider rock hill a ghetto. WOW to funny
:rolleyes:

Interesting, the Violent Crime rate in Rock Hill is more than double the national average, 11.5 per 1,000 people verses the national median of 4.5, as well as more than the state of SC which is 7.58.

Breaking that down they also have a higher rate of murder, rape, robbery and assault per 1,000 people than the American average.

The city violent crime rate for Rock Hill in 2009 was higher than the national violent crime rate average by 137.2% and the city property crime rate in Rock Hill was higher than the national property crime rate average by 39.32%.

Further more, over 14% of the cities population lives under the poverty line, which means 14% of the population earns less than $11,161 per year.

Rock Hill also has an unemployment rate of 14.3%, which is higher than the national average of 9.1%.

Lastly their crime index is 9 out of 100, which means that Rock Hill is safer than only 9% of the United States, but youre right, Rock Hill is a great place and ideal for raising a family.

They do however have a great complex in Cherry Park, but anything right off Cherry Rd is not going to be in the best of neighborhoods by any means.

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/south-carolina/rock-hill.html

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/sc/rock-hill/crime/

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/south_carolina/rock_hill

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Interesting, the Violent Crime rate in Rock Hill is more than double the national average, 11.5 per 1,000 people verses the national median of 4.5, as well as more than the state of SC which is 7.58.

Breaking that down they also have a higher rate of murder, rape, robbery and assault per 1,000 people than the American average.

The city violent crime rate for Rock Hill in 2009 was higher than the national violent crime rate average by 137.2% and the city property crime rate in Rock Hill was higher than the national property crime rate average by 39.32%.

Further more, over 14% of the cities population lives under the poverty line, which means 14% of the population earns less than $11,161 per year.

Rock Hill also has an unemployment rate of 14.3%, which is higher than the national average of 9.1%.

Lastly their crime index is 9 out of 100, which means that Rock Hill is safer than only 9% of the United States, but youre right, Rock Hill is a great place and ideal for raising a family.

They do however have a great complex in Cherry Park, but anything right off Cherry Rd is not going to be in the best of neighborhoods by any means.

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/south-carolina/rock-hill.html

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/sc/rock-hill/crime/

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/south_carolina/rock_hill

So you are telling me that the hotel that you referred me to is in the middle of the hood? LMAO thanks Stretch:D

Stretch19

Grow up
So you are telling me that the hotel that you referred me to is in the middle of the hood? LMAO thanks Stretch:D

hahahaha, pretty much but my ass is going to be right there with you guy so its all good...we will have the choppers if anything goes down, dont worry guy :D

we have played in Rock Hill countless times over the last 5 or so years and never had a problem. the city itself is kinda sketchy though, theres no denying that. it might not be a "ghetto" in the full sense of the word, but its not exactly an affluent area to say the least

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
hahahaha, pretty much but my ass is going to be right there with you guy so its all good...we will have the choppers if anything goes down, dont worry guy :D Choppers are good :D

we have played in Rock Hill countless times over the last 5 or so years and never had a problem. the city itself is kinda sketchy though, theres no denying that. it might not be a "ghetto" in the full sense of the word, but its not exactly an affluent area to say the least

Senek8 don't worry there will be many many board bros there...
Strength in number? lol

im not sure if thats supposed to be reassuring or not?
Guess it is always better to have more than not enough. :D

I'm just messing around bro. Funny thing is, I was taking bp with another board bro yesterday in a shady part of town in SF called Hunters Point. A crack head tried to basically ride off on his bike without paying and the 3 dudes unloaded all 3 of their clips. 3PM in the afternoon next to a park and a elementary school. I honestly thought it was firecrackers at first but, then I saw the guys shooting. Then they just casually walked back to their car and drove off. Shiet is getting crazy out there, wild wild west status.

:eek:Moral of the story, sketchy side of town and crazy shiet happening just isn't that crazy anymore. lol

dmoser25

Extra Hitter
LOL........., im just joking with u on the rock hill. On the real,i live in charlotte and WHENEVER i go play at cherry park im strapped. Those hotels are ok,but u do need to watch your surroundings.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
trust me, Oakland, East Palo Alto, and various parts of Frisco are as hood as whatever is out there.

EPA (East Palo Alto).... Yeah, there is a reason why they have that huge concrete wall there off of the 101 near that exit... Keeps the bullets from flying into the cars! :D

Stretch19

Grow up
Went down to Rock Hill this past weekend and stayed at the Super8; place is in very good shape for $55 a night. rooms are very big, beds are the memory foam and were comfortable. Things were clean, you actually have to walk inside to get to your room which is unusual for us, we typically back right up to our rooms haha

lady at the front desk was very friend, the continental breakfast is ehhhh, ok. cereals, juice, bagels, toast and a waffle maker. its like 3 miles from hooters, literally 2 turns away and very close to the HWY and near the park. going to keep the reservation in for the Super Worlds

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Went down to Rock Hill this past weekend and stayed at the Super8; place is in very good shape for $55 a night. rooms are very big, beds are the memory foam and were comfortable. Things were clean, you actually have to walk inside to get to your room which is unusual for us, we typically back right up to our rooms haha

lady at the front desk was very friend, the continental breakfast is ehhhh, ok. cereals, juice, bagels, toast and a waffle maker. its like 3 miles from hooters, literally 2 turns away and very close to the HWY and near the park. going to keep the reservation in for the Super Worlds

For the price it looked like the nicest option so, thanks again stretch. Like I said, We are all paying 420 each just to get out there and that is before the car or hotel. So, we had to look for a reasonable price on our hotel.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
EPA (East Palo Alto).... Yeah, there is a reason why they have that huge concrete wall there off of the 101 near that exit... Keeps the bullets from flying into the cars! :D

You sir aren't lying. The place at one time was the murder capitol of the US. :eek:

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
I am guessing this was directed at me cuz I am from Cali? lol Yeah there are lots of thin sticks on the west coast but, I don't swing em.

Plenty of glass out here too... Unfortunatley...

I played this past weekend, and saw people swinging glass.. and going middle over and over....

Stretch19

Grow up
Poe mentioned when we got there that they had a bat tester, but I never saw it. I told him he needed to set up at the check in table and run all the bats through before things kicked off but of course they didnt. Not much good to have the damn thing and not use it, kinda like requiring teams to have a roster, but then not making anyone check in...whats the point?

Hap716

Addicted to Softballfans
I am guessing this was directed at me cuz I am from Cali? lol Yeah there are lots of thin sticks on the west coast but, I don't swing em.

Nah, it was a generalization because like the other poster said, there's a lot of glass on the east coast as well.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Poe mentioned when we got there that they had a bat tester, but I never saw it. I told him he needed to set up at the check in table and run all the bats through before things kicked off but of course they didnt. Not much good to have the damn thing and not use it, kinda like requiring teams to have a roster, but then not making anyone check in...whats the point?

Yeah... we heard the same thing too...

I played in the over-40 as well, and that first game we played... the team against us ran out of home runs, and started pilling the middle.... all of them hitting glass too...

We also heard up in Cherokee about a guy that hit the middle (and hurt the pitcher)... everyone knew the bat was gutted to hell.... what do they do with the bat... Hold it out for a game or two, and then give it back to the hitter...

I guess it didnt kill the guy, so dont send it in to be tested... WTF...

Stretch19

Grow up
Yeah... we heard the same thing too...

I played in the over-40 as well, and that first game we played... the team against us ran out of home runs, and started pilling the middle.... all of them hitting glass too...

We also heard up in Cherokee about a guy that hit the middle (and hurt the pitcher)... everyone knew the bat was gutted to hell.... what do they do with the bat... Hold it out for a game or two, and then give it back to the hitter...

I guess it didnt kill the guy, so dont send it in to be tested... WTF...

thats crazy but doesnt surprise me a bit; nothing like swinging glass in a REC worlds; ISA is a joke if you ask me, at least here locally

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
thats crazy but doesnt surprise me a bit; nothing like swinging glass in a REC worlds; ISA is a joke if you ask me, at least here locally

We played in Cherokee earlier in the year... I doubt we ever go back.... We got treated like crap up there...

Now, we like our director in SC...he is a good guy, and very fair... but I doubt seriously if we play ISA up in NC again...

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Plenty of glass out here too... Unfortunatley...

I played this past weekend, and saw people swinging glass.. and going middle over and over....

That is weak sauce. Those bats are hot enough without having to shave em. Going middle is just retarded.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Nah, it was a generalization because like the other poster said, there's a lot of glass on the east coast as well.

HAHAHAHA got it. It is an epidemic that is everywhere I guess. I just know that there are quite a few people on here that thinks everyone in Cali swings dirty sticks.