NSA E Super Worlds, Rock Hill, SC

Buster23

Softball > Fiction
Yeah... we heard the same thing too...

I played in the over-40 as well, and that first game we played... the team against us ran out of home runs, and started pilling the middle.... all of them hitting glass too...

We also heard up in Cherokee about a guy that hit the middle (and hurt the pitcher)... everyone knew the bat was gutted to hell.... what do they do with the bat... Hold it out for a game or two, and then give it back to the hitter...

I guess it didnt kill the guy, so dont send it in to be tested... WTF...

I don't know what happened there, but earlier in the year our pitcher drilled the other teams pitcher and they took his stick and had it sent off. Legit bat but I don't understand why they would send his bat off and not the one your talking about...

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know what happened there, but earlier in the year our pitcher drilled the other teams pitcher and they took his stick and had it sent off. Legit bat but I don't understand why they would send his bat off and not the one your talking about...

This is what I have heard in the past from other people... Okay, if you have a team that plays 15 tournaments a year with you.. And something (like what happened in NC this past weekend) goes down.... that director is most likely going to look out after that team than someone that may have played once or twice with them...

Its all about $$$... which is sad (in this situation)

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
thats crazy but doesnt surprise me a bit; nothing like swinging glass in a REC worlds; ISA is a joke if you ask me, at least here locally

yea for real. Dan has had my bat for 4 weeks plus now. I still havnt got my bat back from him, that he supposedly sent off to be tested.

Stretch19

Grow up
yea for real. Dan has had my bat for 4 weeks plus now. I still havnt got my bat back from him, that he supposedly sent off to be tested.

wait so you dont trust the guy who runs ISA, who has a team who participates in ISA, who is on the roster of a team who participates in ISA???

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
wait so you dont trust the guy who runs ISA, who has a team who participates in ISA, who is on the roster of a team who participates in ISA???

LOL I play in a league like that on Friday. The team that we always are battling with for the championship has the commissioner on their team, he is their pitcher. He has given us our bye week the week before playoffs 5 sessions in a row. hahahahah

Stretch19

Grow up
ha, trying to ice yall huh?

its one thing when its league, but this guy does it for the ISA tourneys here. he has a team, is on their roster, sponsored the team but wouldnt play when they were in local tourneys...he would just umpire instead haha

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
ha, trying to ice yall huh?

its one thing when its league, but this guy does it for the ISA tourneys here. he has a team, is on their roster, sponsored the team but wouldnt play when they were in local tourneys...he would just umpire instead haha

I am sure he is always the ump for their games too. hahahahah

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Just saw the team list (55 teams currently in the tournament).... gonna be a blast.

Stretch just put up the team list on the SC NSA board www.scslowpitch.com

Just go into the message board, and look for the NSA E World topic

Stretch19

Grow up
just posted on carolinansa.com

Manager's meeting is at 1:00pm. ALL teams need to have a rep at this meeting for the blind draw and to ask any questions you may have.

Games will begin at 6:00pm on 6 fields. There will be four rounds of games on Friday night, so if you do the math, that means 24 games equals 48 teams play Friday night. There will also be a hitting contest at Cherry Park on field #4. It's a hitting contest, not a HR derby.

There WILL BE a bat check-in at this tournament. All bats must have a sticker in order to be used at this event.

If you have any questions, please post, because most likely, someone else has the same question.

Thanks!
Mike

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
just posted on carolinansa.com

Manager's meeting is at 1:00pm. ALL teams need to have a rep at this meeting for the blind draw and to ask any questions you may have.

Games will begin at 6:00pm on 6 fields. There will be four rounds of games on Friday night, so if you do the math, that means 24 games equals 48 teams play Friday night. There will also be a hitting contest at Cherry Park on field #4. It's a hitting contest, not a HR derby.

There WILL BE a bat check-in at this tournament. All bats must have a sticker in order to be used at this event.

If you have any questions, please post, because most likely, someone else has the same question.

Thanks!
Mike

Not sure why they are trying to push almost all the teams to play on Friday. Our states had 57 teams and was done by 3 on Sunday with 6 fields. :confused:

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
I wonder if they are expecting more teams:confused: Although, I thought you had to pay for and validate your berth within 14 days of receiving it. I would think that basically all chances to get a berth besides points leaders would mean that the current team count is pretty close to what it is going to be.

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah this past weekend should have been the majority of states last opportunities for bids i would think. pushing to start Friday night so it gets done in time, tourneys down here have been known to take a while for some reason, we are a lil slower in the south, but our tea is good

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah this past weekend should have been the majority of states last opportunities for bids i would think. pushing to start Friday night so it gets done in time, tourneys down here have been known to take a while for some reason, we are a lil slower in the south, but our tea is good

hahahaha I am ready to try some of that bbq to tell you the truth. :D I use my smoker quite often, make my own rubs and sauces but, not much to compare stuff to here in Cali. I am also hoping that we are going to have good weather for this. Talked to a few of my boys that have been out there and they all said that the rain forced them to a 1 pitch tourney. Hope that doesn't happen.

Stretch19

Grow up
unless you use a vinegar base, its not going to be like anything you have made...chopped bbq is my favorite, appears to be dry and chopped very fine, but when you put it in your mouth, the vinegar just gushes from it...shocks the back of your jaw into something awesome

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
unless you use a vinegar base, its not going to be like anything you have made...chopped bbq is my favorite, appears to be dry and chopped very fine, but when you put it in your mouth, the vinegar just gushes from it...shocks the back of your jaw into something awesome

Yeah I have heard that it is a Vinegar based sauce world out there in the Carolinas. I typically make either a KC style or Texas Style BBQ. There is some Vinegar in my sauce but, it is fairly minimal, like a half a cup. lol

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
I kinda like the mustard base myself... But that is the pacific NW talking in me....

Good thing about Cherry Park (Complex for the World tourney) they changed the infields over to more of a sand base a couple of years ago, and when it rains... the fields hold up very well...

Down around here, the main complex uses a clay base.... its a freakin mess when it rains here... Thank goodness we are not playing this thing in Lexington.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
I kinda like the mustard base myself... But that is the pacific NW talking in me....

Good thing about Cherry Park (Complex for the World tourney) they changed the infields over to more of a sand base a couple of years ago, and when it rains... the fields hold up very well...

Down around here, the main complex uses a clay base.... its a freakin mess when it rains here... Thank goodness we are not playing this thing in Lexington.

Yeah a guy that is on our team played ball for Carolina and said that it would rain and like an hour later be completely dry. You would have mud puddles on the fields here in cali.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah a guy that is on our team played ball for Carolina and said that it would rain and like an hour later be completely dry. You would have mud puddles on the fields here in cali.

Everyone here in the Columbia area has complained about the fields in Lexington... Hell, the summer weather here is very easy to forecast... Hot as hell, humid... and a good chance it is gonna rain in the afternoon... That clay they play on its either sticky soup, or hard as a freakin brick.... Hardly ever in between..

Cherry Park actually listened to some of the players, and they went to that sand base...

You guys will like the complex... the fields are better than Twin Creeks (IMO)... except they dont sell beer, or have a club on top of the restaruant/sitting area that the 'Creeks has... I try to explain it to the guys out here, and they are amazed that Twin Creeks has all of that...

Stretch19

Grow up
Yeah I have heard that it is a Vinegar based sauce world out there in the Carolinas. I typically make either a KC style or Texas Style BBQ. There is some Vinegar in my sauce but, it is fairly minimal, like a half a cup. lol

yeah completely different BBQ guy, youre in for a real nice treat

mustard based is a nice treat i think, i like it ok as well. maurices is a pretty decent "chain" type bbq joint, but to me nothing touches the vinegar based bbq

we have played in rock hill where it was raining so hard you couldnt see the plate. they had to put a bottle or cup on the plate to see where the strike zone was and the next day we showed up and the fields looked GREAT

who is your boy that played at carolina? how old is he? couple of my buddies played ball there

Everyone here in the Columbia area has complained about the fields in Lexington... Hell, the summer weather here is very easy to forecast... Hot as hell, humid... and a good chance it is gonna rain in the afternoon... That clay they play on its either sticky soup, or hard as a freakin brick.... Hardly ever in between..

Cherry Park actually listened to some of the players, and they went to that sand base...

You guys will like the complex... the fields are better than Twin Creeks (IMO)... except they dont sell beer, or have a club on top of the restaruant/sitting area that the 'Creeks has... I try to explain it to the guys out here, and they are amazed that Twin Creeks has all of that...

the fields in lexington werent terrible when we played down there last year for the Eastern Worlds, but it didnt rain. they did have one of the better skript clubs ive been to, good ole heartbreakers was a BLAST! we had a one legged cab driver, what a good night that was haha

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans

The Creeks are definitely a fun place to play and so is Big League Dreams out in Manteca. Beer, music, and hot chics walking around in skimpy clothes + softball is really the best of everything for me :D

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans

You are going to have to let me know where the spot is. My boys name is Kenny Del Sarto I think he is about 30. I suppose I should say it was UNC Asheville though.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans

mustard based is a nice treat i think, i like it ok as well. maurices is a pretty decent "chain" type bbq joint, but to me nothing touches the vinegar based bbq

we have played in rock hill where it was raining so hard you couldnt see the plate. they had to put a bottle or cup on the plate to see where the strike zone was and the next day we showed up and the fields looked GREAT

who is your boy that played at carolina? how old is he? couple of my buddies played ball there

the fields in lexington werent terrible when we played down there last year for the Eastern Worlds, but it didnt rain. they did have one of the better skript clubs ive been to, good ole heartbreakers was a BLAST! we had a one legged cab driver, what a good night that was haha

FYI: A player from VooDoo's father-in-law owns Heartbreakers&Platinum Plus... He could have hooked ya up with some free passes to get in.... Ill point him out to ya in Rock Hill...

Stretch19

Grow up
You are going to have to let me know where the spot is. My boys name is Kenny Del Sarto I think he is about 30. I suppose I should say it was UNC Asheville though.

I gotcha yeah unc asheville lil different haha don't know anyone who played there

FYI: A player from VooDoo's father-in-law owns Heartbreakers&Platinum Plus... He could have hooked ya up with some free passes to get in.... Ill point him out to ya in Rock Hill...

After the beating they put on us last weekend its the least he could do. We were amazed when they stopped serving liquor at 2 but kept serving beer and wine haha. Needless to say we had a damn blast. Ill definitely be back if I'm ever in Lexington

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
I gotcha yeah unc asheville lil different haha don't know anyone who played there

hahahaha yeah I suppose. he's legit though. Some of the best hands I have ever seen at 2nd base and his little brother plays ss for us. I am curious to see what type of talent is going to be at this tourney and who the teams to beat will be... I am sure that everyone is going in thinking that they have a legit chance of winning the whole thing. lol :D

Stretch19

Grow up
hahahaha yeah I suppose. he's legit though. Some of the best hands I have ever seen at 2nd base and his little brother plays ss for us. I am curious to see what type of talent is going to be at this tourney and who the teams to beat will be... I am sure that everyone is going in thinking that they have a legit chance of winning the whole thing. lol :D

yeah playing D1 baseball i imagine he is definitely legit; there will be some good teams there im sure, i know a few from the area that are very good that i feel will have a legit shot to win it.

last time the E was held in rock hill a CA team won it. probably the best team ive seen from top to bottom in person. they played E but could have competed at D or C no problem, they were legit