NSA going to 44 cor balls???

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Just played a Fresno Tourney and we were forced to use and Buy 44/400 new NSA stamped balls. It was a No homerun tourney so we asked to use 52/275s and they said as long as NSA was on it than it's fine. My guess is the Worth Gold Dot 44/400 NSA 2012 stamp are good to go, but we were using Baden Balls I believe 44/400. Just my Experience so far in 2018 NSA

Yeah, hitting .44 400 in an no HR tourny is plain stupid. I can't see how that'd be fun for anyone.

Kernsoftball

Yeah, hitting .44 400 in an no HR tourny is plain stupid. I can't see how that'd be fun for anyone.
Yeah it really was Uppers had Designated homerun hitters and lowers had 0 homeruns. Homers were inning enders it was just ridiculous the ruling. But I grab up a bunch of NSA 52s at a great deal so we just use those now to negate the ball sailing 400' on half swings

Kernsoftball

Once we burned our HR's we were allowed to switch back to the 52.
Yeah we had None to hit in Lowers, Uppers had Designated homerun hitters which was stupid. Those 44s flew out so quick and others jacked them but i grabbed a bunch of NSA 52s at a great deal so we will be using them from now on.

Country469

what kind of tool hits the ball 400 feet on any swing and plays lower? You're the problem not the ball. Stop sandbagging and hit hrs.

Kernsoftball

what kind of tool hits the ball 400 feet on any swing and plays lower? You're the problem not the ball. Stop sandbagging and hit hrs.
I don't I'm on a team where guys hit 400' I hit lead off I get on for them lol. And it's a coed Tourney and he likes playing with his wife so I don't blame the guy for playing Lowers. We have like 10 guys per tourney in Lowers who you just throw a pitch and watch it sail they may be able to hit but can they field a position is where it comes down too

Country469

hit out sure, dude said 400' half swings. Cmon man. You can get better at fielding. But you list off a paragraph of excuses to not play upper. Its a man thing though, no doubt. Some guys are just afraid to play up/

Kernsoftball

Not really a paragraph of the guy who half swung and hit it out, I said he likes playing with his wife... he can field and does play uppers. But again His wife plays and so he plays with her that's just how it goes

Country469

I mean I guess if you like bull**** excuses thats how it goes. I don't blame my wife for when I do ***** stuff tho so theres that

Kernsoftball

Just another excuse maker out there who still buys the hottest bat he can. Softball guy 101
Sorry you can't read, and just another **** talker who has nothing to add to the conversation. I came on here to explain my Experience with the New 44/400 God you are stupid. You and Joker are the reason this site has fallen so damn fast

Country469

I see another E baller got mad at the truth. LOL. The new 44 400 again, making **** up here. I've been a ball rep longer than you've played. Care to explain how 400 lbs changed in the last 4 years? or how a COR of 44 changed in the last 4 years? I'll wait.

Joker

he's clueless and posts a lot of crap all over this place. morons like this are ruined this site

Joker

he's the type of guy to give a bat review based on what he saw another team doing while he sat in the stands

Country469

His logic is this............ they don't play upper cuz dude's wife plays. Maybe she sucks, maybe its dangerous for her. But its perfectly ok for an upper player to drop down and hit 400 feet half swing and hit at other people's wives. Makes total sense.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
His logic is this............ they don't play upper cuz dude's wife plays. Maybe she sucks, maybe its dangerous for her. But its perfectly ok for an upper player to drop down and hit 400 feet half swing and hit at other people's wives. Makes total sense.
I played a guy playing d last year that was a few years removed from the conference who played free with his friends. He kept the ball off me and I was fine with that.

Played a fun super draft later that year and had another d noob almost crush my shin because "he doesn't know where he's hitting it". In a ****ing super draft. Don't stand five feet off the plate and then say it was an accident you went middle.

BIG JOE

One hit left!
I'm calling BS on this. .52s have been in use for about a decade now. CO uses them widely for leagues and tournaments. I don't see guys having trouble fielding the ball on the infield. What I HAVE seen a lot of are guys actually able to stay in the game and continue playing after being hit with batted or thrown balls, especially pitchers. I myself have been hit in the head with a .52 ball. It hurt, but I was able to keep playing. A classic M or .44 does far more damage.

From a pitching standpoint the .52 is a much better option. It comes off the bat slower than a .44 or classic M and pitchers have time to react and possibly field the ball.

I think NSAs decision to go back to .44s is shortsighted and stupid. Apparently enough people whined that they weren't successful hitters with .52s and weren't going to play NSA anymore. That despite slowpitch bats being hotter now than they ever have been.

Playing the field and pitching, I'd rather risk a rogue hop from a .52 than a bone crushing smash with a .44.
Do you think throwing the ball or being hit makes the difference? It takes 275 pounds of pressure to compress one inch vs 400 pounds of compression. It has nothing to do with being hit within a short distance.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Do you think throwing the ball or being hit makes the difference? It takes 275 pounds of pressure to compress one inch vs 400 pounds of compression. It has nothing to do with being hit within a short distance.

Nope. Being hit by a thrown or batted ball will hurt you just the same. If I'm going to get hit I'd much rather it be by a .52 275 than a .44 400.

That said, the .52 doesn't come off the bat nearly as hard as a .44. As a pitcher you have more time to react and make a play on liners up the middle. .52s are much safer to use overall than .44s. More fun to play with too.

Country469

On safety TW is correct. Doesn't matter how the ball comes to be moving so fast. Still does the same damage.

As far as exit speeds, I disagree.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
On safety TW is correct. Doesn't matter how the ball comes to be moving so fast. Still does the same damage.

As far as exit speeds, I disagree.
You think 44s come off as hard as 52s? As classic ms?

Even if they did, which I don't believe they do especially at lower temps, I'd still rather play with them. Their advanced bounce still increases the hitters margin of error and will return a small amount of skill to the requirement of hitting.

Country469

You think 44s come off as hard as 52s? As classic ms?

Even if they did, which I don't believe they do especially at lower temps, I'd still rather play with them. Their advanced bounce still increases the hitters margin of error and will return a small amount of skill to the requirement of hitting.

Its percentage points slower. Like even if its 5% decrease in exit speeds (which would make a dramatic difference in distance and injury) that is hardly noticeable by your average player.

As hard, no. Considerably slower, no. See conference usssa game where they use 52s.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its percentage points slower. Like even if its 5% decrease in exit speeds (which would make a dramatic difference in distance and injury) that is hardly noticeable by your average player.

As hard, no. Considerably slower, no. See conference usssa game where they use 52s.
I do believe it's noticeable as a pitcher. My first utrip tourney last year I had two balls hit at me that I glove before they got to me. Now, they were both also directly at my face which is the hardest to judge, but still. I've never had a classic m that I closed my glove before it got to me. Much less noticable as the players get better I'm sure .

Mostly I agree though. If you had noise cancelling headphones on an average player watching they couldn't pick the ball if they didn't see it's extended flight path or bounce.

Country469

Similar to watching a pitcher throw 95 vs 90. Naked eye had trouble with it. Batter can tell though pretty quick. If the exit speeds were that reduced, you'd see guys really complain about them, not just the bad hitters.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just curious how accurate all these radars are. 95 inside off a tee right off the rip? That's insane. From mostly c or below players.