NSA vs. WSL

kyhunter14

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing WSL for the first time this weekend. Usually play NSA. what differences should I expect? thanks.

kyhunter14

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, I played WSL this weekend for the first time. About the same as NSA except the balls were mush. Some kind of synthetic covered trump stotes that you had to use.

Macken

Starting Player
pinch runner every inning as well..

i believe they have some kind of carry bat rule as well not sure

kyhunter14

Addicted to Softballfans
I played with GHS in the D. We lost to Bernecke (sp?) and I think we were the better team, just played flat all day. Beat Dizzy Roosters and lost to Dynasty. Other than balls it isnt much different from other associations I didnt think. We played at Rumpke then moved to Rivershore. I really liked both complexes. Also, the C and D were both going on at the same places at the same time. There were a bunch of really good teams playing at any given time. I had as much fun watching as I did playing.

middlesclosed99

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Never heard of you guys, but yeah it was a long weekend, but fun. Lot's of good competition. We were in E stuck down in the fields of Ky at Kenton Lakes where there is no cell service, lol. I have to say you did pretty good though seeing that you beat Dizzy they are a solid team. There were some good teams in all divisions that's what you get in the WSL, some people call a lot of sandbagging, but I have to say then beef up your roster like them because it's not Utrip or NSA. Yeah if you could take the heat (It was hot!) I have to agree watching some of the talent was fun. The area has a lot of of well maintained parks. Bill and everyone with the WSL did a great job!

generex

Part Time Player
We'll never be back. Classifications were a disgrace. Never saw such sandbagging. Parks are way off the beaten path. Umpiring was the worst weve ever saw. Calling this a world and giving out rings is the biggest joke ever. Got offered a berth to Panama City, but there's no airport. We were hoping to go someplace this year in addition to Utrip at Disney, but WSL definitely not the answer. Complete waste of time and money. Overall everything was very unprofesional.

middlesclosed99

Outstanding Bad Dealer
We'll never be back. Classifications were a disgrace. Never saw such sandbagging. Parks are way off the beaten path. Umpiring was the worst weve ever saw. Calling this a world and giving out rings is the biggest joke ever. Got offered a berth to Panama City, but there's no airport. We were hoping to go someplace this year in addition to Utrip at Disney, but WSL definitely not the answer. Complete waste of time and money. Overall everything was very unprofesional.

I will have to agree with one thing there was some real shady umpiring going on all weekend for us and against (Some just made you cringe/laugh)
As for the airport issues go here
http://iflybeaches.com/ and it's actually a great destination to play ball. The park is not far from the beach. Any newer association will go through bumps to get where they are, the WSL has come a long way from when it started now that Kendrick took over. What level did you play? Also I will say getting stuck at a park down in the sticks really sucked for us I hear you on that point.