Nww Freak 30 comes in 24 oz... thoughts?

Cappy

Manager
I only weigh 165... I have pretty good strength. I know that huge guys swing 26 oz . How would it be to swing a 24 oz... would bat speed shoot up and distance with it? I'm curious on opinions before it comes out?... I currently love the freak black 26oz for distance. Not sure if I would like a 12" barrel length but definitely prefer some el weighting... 24 oz does have me curious.

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
even at 165, if you have decent strenght you could probably go to 25 or 26 oz without losing bat speed.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I always feel the bat kick back when I swing 26oz and below, I usually swing a 28 or a heavy 27. You have to accept that more mass at the same speed equals more exit speed and distance but if a 24oz bat gets you on base go for it.

Cappy

Manager
I look forward to trying it. Years ago when I was younger and stronger I swung 28 and a balanced 30 oz Juggy. But this year switched to 26 and hit the ball even further with the black... if that follows I'm curious to try a 24 ozer.

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
I look forward to trying it. Years ago when I was younger and stronger I swung 28 and a balanced 30 oz Juggy. But this year switched to 26 and hit the ball even further with the black... if that follows I'm curious to try a 24 ozer.

I think JPG had a light 25oz freak12 he bought and he said it was light and didn't have a lot of pop. you may want to hit him up and ask him, if anything more info is in his freak12 thread.

Krush411

Manager
I only weigh 10 lbs more than you and I bought the Freak 12 in 24 oz. When I and the team used it, it seemed to lose pop once it got into the outfield. I also think it made me swing early, with it being so light.

I went back to my 27 oz. 4 the fallen and continue to hit home run bombs with that.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Would you rather get hit by a dump truck or Civic? Momentum and inertia is something that gets overlooked quite a bit.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
]I always feel the bat kick back when I swing 26oz and below, I usually swing a 28 or a heavy 27. You have to accept that more mass at the same speed equals more exit speed and distance but if a 24oz bat gets you on base go for it.

Same here. My fiance swings a 24oz f12 and to me the 24oz doesnt feel under weight like the 28oz that I have does. Last time I took BP with her bat I had no problem hitting 52/300s 300+.

Cappy

Manager
I was waiting for a comment like that and from a fellow Canadian no less. Our reputation isn't true when it comes to softball players I think. Well when guys who weigh 250 plus are swinging 26 oz... I think everything could be relative and a 24 if I maintain control with it is not so strange. I don't mind trying something different if itll work. I'm hoping bombs will quiet down the name calling I might endure ; ).

JPG

Lefty
I'm 145 pounds and the 25 was to light for hitting a softball. You need something that can hold up to smashing the ball. These sticks are light I would go 26.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I was waiting for a comment like that and from a fellow Canadian no less. Our reputation isn't true when it comes to softball players I think. Well when guys who weigh 250 plus are swinging 26 oz... I think everything could be relative and a 24 if I maintain control with it is not so strange. I don't mind trying something different if itll work. I'm hoping bombs will quiet down the name calling I might endure ; ).

I think the big guys who swing 26-27 are actually giving up power for control. But guys like Connell, Fulk, Isenhower, etc. have so much power on tap that they can afford to lose some.

I'm not the biggest, strongest guy but when I swing a 26 that doesn't have a heavy endload, I feel kickback and lose distance. I couldn't imagine a 24.

godsfavorite32

Loyalty iz aLL I KnoW!!!!
Dump truck going 40 or a civic going 80 is still gonna hurt

Fact is ur not gonna gain 40mph bat speed from 24oz to 30oz. I swing 27 or 28 and don't gain any bat speed swinging a 26oz I've tested this before...( I do feel like the bat has that kick back affect people are taking about in this post)

I was replying to the civic vs dump truck comment above mine... How did you test bat speed? Just curious. I've been swinging my wife's 25.5 oz legit to break it in and it feels fine to me. I'm 6'6" and around 245, I hit the ball just as far as I do with heavier bats and don't feel any kick back.

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Lighter doesn't mean better . If that were the case we would all be swinging fast pitch bats

majicmike

Starting Player
Is the Dump truck loaded,,,is it a tandum? What year is the civic?? How many miles? What color?

I cant really tell any different in distance between a 26 and 28. Longest shot this year in a game was with a 26.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I think you people comparing 30s to 24,25,26oz bats are getting confused with how long it takes you to get the bat around. With the 30 itll probably take you a split second longer to get your hands moving but your swing speed is relatively the same. You would probably lose control from a balls out swing though.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
So I can get a 24oz.....but I cant get a 30oz!? Bull**** lol. All the guys around here swing 26s? It doesnt make sense to me? Shouldnt you swing the heaviest bat that you can still manage the highest swing speed. I swing EL 28s and Bal 30s. Because swinging a 26/27 my body cant swing it faster then the heavies and they feel like im swing air! a 24oz bat seems silly. Unless you are 120lbs.