Official 2021 Last AB Thread

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I kinda enjoy playing on open fields as an OF. I can go back on a ball really well so I like the challenge. My only problem with it is when teammates don't realize how hard it is to play on an open field. Can't play too deep bc everything in front becomes a double and there's no hope of catching a pop up or sinking line drive.

I played in a tournament on open fields a few years ago. I'm playing LC and the batter crushed the ball. I tracked it well and tried to make a full speed over the shoulder catch. The ball hit the tip of my glove and rolled away for an easy inside the park HR. I distinctly remember getting to the ball right at the foul line of the adjacent field. After the inning some teammates were yelling at me to play deeper so I can catch those balls. I yelled back and we almost got into a fist fight over it. I grabbed my phone and brought up Google earth. I came inches away from catching a ball at about 360' how deep do you want me to play? They didn't want to hear it so I took myself out and switched with the loud mouth SS. He proceeded to play at about 330' and never even came close to catching a fly ball the rest of the day. The other teams were taking extra bases left and right on him. But hey, he would caught the ball that went 360'

arther itis

payin' to get paid
I kinda enjoy playing on open fields as an OF. I can go back on a ball really well so I like the challenge. My only problem with it is when teammates don't realize how hard it is to play on an open field. Can't play too deep bc everything in front becomes a double and there's no hope of catching a pop up or sinking line drive.

I played in a tournament on open fields a few years ago. I'm playing LC and the batter crushed the ball. I tracked it well and tried to make a full speed over the shoulder catch. The ball hit the tip of my glove and rolled away for an easy inside the park HR. I distinctly remember getting to the ball right at the foul line of the adjacent field. After the inning some teammates were yelling at me to play deeper so I can catch those balls. I yelled back and we almost got into a fist fight over it. I grabbed my phone and brought up Google earth. I came inches away from catching a ball at about 360' how deep do you want me to play? They didn't want to hear it so I took myself out and switched with the loud mouth SS. He proceeded to play at about 330' and never even came close to catching a fly ball the rest of the day. The other teams were taking extra bases left and right on him. But hey, he would caught the ball that went 360'
What’d the same teammates say then?

r8dr_rider

I yell at my OFs cuz they usually play too deep lol.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Sharp groundball to SS. It was to him before I was able to even start running so my first few steps were kinda trotting. Of course he bobbled it so I sprinted but it was too late and I was out by half a step. My fault for not hustling right off the bat. It was the end of a very frustrating day.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Co-ed just screwing around. I swung a 23oz Monsta Hype just for giggles. Hit it on the screws for a line out to CF. The ball just didn't have anything on it. I guess the bat just doesn't have the inertia to drive the ball. I'm confident the same swing with my 27oz gamer would have been off the fence rather than 40 feet short.

loxx0050

Thrown out at second trying to stretch a single.

I did that too last week on the 2nd game of a DH. Thought the outfielder was throwing to 3rd and tried to make it to 2nd. SS chase down the throw from the outfielder to cut it off and then I got caught in no man's land. Ended the game on that bad decision.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I did that too last week on the 2nd game of a DH. Thought the outfielder was throwing to 3rd and tried to make it to 2nd. SS chase down the throw from the outfielder to cut it off and then I got caught in no man's land. Ended the game on that bad decision.
What was the score when you got thrown out?