Official 2021 Last AB Thread

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Hard line drive to the SS glove side. It went off the tip of his glove and into CF. I think he should have caught it and I'm sure he thinks the same. It was hit pretty damn hard though.

loxx0050

Playoffs last night for fall ball and hit a single that I poked over the 2b going opposite direction. For some reason I had 3 of my 4 at bats as the lead off for the inning (was 8th in the order for 2nd clean up that game).

We lost in extra innings in the 9th on a play at home for a force out but the catcher (me that inning) couldn't quite stretch out enough to make the catch without taking my foot off the home plate. Ball rolled over off the tip of the webbing just barely...maybe if I had a 15" glove I would've gotten it (have a 14" Rawlings player preferred glove currently).

Probably wouldn't have prevented us from losing that one since bases were loaded in the bottom of the 9th and if I would've made that catch that would've only been the 1st out. We did score a couple for the top of the 8th but their bats came through to tie it to force the 9th inning (we got blanked in the top of the 9th....I got left on deck that inning).

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Single through the 3-4 hole. 2b was playing basically up the middle leaving the hole wide open. The funny thing is, the previous AB he played in the same spot and I singled through the same hole. You'd think he would have learned the first time.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Pop out to 2b.

The umpiring in this league is ridiculous to the point of it not being fun. 16 foot arc is still considered legal by the umpire even though league rule says 10 feet. We won game 1 7-3 and lost game 2 5-4. My team has good hitters top to bottom but not much power. The other team is loaded with ball players. With averages umpires the games should have been upper teens for each team each game.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Last fallball dh league night it was raining on and off.. i hated it ! 2 games

1- bb
2- single to lf

Pitcher would not give me anything good to hit 90% of them were short i bit on a couple in 1st game but took a couple walks then decided to step up in box cuz i didn't want to be out in that crap just to take bb's on final night