Official CFB Thread

Country469

We learned a lot of teams aren't as good as their ranking. That's why there shouldn't even be a preseason poll because they are almost always wrong. Miami, FSU, PSU, Michigan State, Michigan, Texas and the Pac 12 all look bad. The road looks easier for Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio State to be the four teams in the playoff after week one.

Bama - no easy roads in SEC, and LSU and Auburn both has big time wins so not sure where you see an easy path there.
Clemson- ACC may offer 1 other legit team, but probs not, clear sailing
Oklahoma - won't even win it imo. Winner of big 12 will have 2 losses, canabilize again
OSU - too much distraction and too many real ?s, they played a cupcake, big ass fluffy one, oregon state aint even been decent in 5 years.

1 game tho, hard to say we know anything about anyone especially teams like wisconsin or OSU who never batted an eye lash

Redsfan

Bama - no easy roads in SEC, and LSU and Auburn both has big time wins so not sure where you see an easy path there.
Clemson- ACC may offer 1 other legit team, but probs not, clear sailing
Oklahoma - won't even win it imo. Winner of big 12 will have 2 losses, canabilize again
OSU - too much distraction and too many real ?s, they played a cupcake, big ass fluffy one, oregon state aint even been decent in 5 years.

1 game tho, hard to say we know anything about anyone especially teams like wisconsin or OSU who never batted an eye lash

You have some good points. I almost didn't put OU in my post earlier but couldn't think of a 4th for the playoffs. All 4 of them played pretty weak teams in week 1. Louisville is not what they once were. FAU and Furman are not good. Oregon State has been bad for years.

Stretch19

Grow up
louisville just graduated probably the best player they have had in program history and played Bama...cant imagine why they werent what they once were

Stretch19

Grow up
FAU got a decent squad...they will probably lose to UCF, but win the rest of their remaining games...but they arent OK

Country469

Jackson coula been at LU and they take a hard L

Louisville def was not gonna be able to stop **** there

I did expect more outa FAU, but then again, do they play anyone worth a **** the rest of the year? I did not look. I think they surprised folks last year, now they are like another boise and folks have been put on notice. no more being sneaky good.

Stretch19

Grow up
Jackson coula been at LU and they take a hard L

Louisville def was not gonna be able to stop **** there

I did expect more outa FAU, but then again, do they play anyone worth a **** the rest of the year? I did not look. I think they surprised folks last year, now they are like another boise and folks have been put on notice. no more being sneaky good.

they play UCF, the defending national champions in a couple weeks

Redsfan

putting 4 teams in now almost as hard as picking 4 later

True. Just my opinion based on watching future opponents. Having MSU, PSU, and UM look so bad makes the B1G East look not so hard for OSU. I may be off on this but Auburn's win is less impressive to me since it was played close to home. LSU beat a Miami team that's lost 4 straight. Bama beats both of them. Clemson shouldn't be challenged unless they have a let down game.

Stretch19

Grow up
DSlaJ_dU8AEoUnD_z4j6p0.jpg

Stretch19

Grow up
NC State has played clemson pretty tough the last couple of years, should have lost in 2016

clemson also lost at syracuse last year, who was trash, so im sure some one will challenge them at some point this year

GT might be that team, they should be decent

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Michigan looked bad. Bad enough Braylon Edwards got suspended for telling the truth. UW looked good. OSU played a bad team. We will get a much better feel for that offense against a TCU team that typically plays good defense. Clemson probably has the easiest road. It's like the NFL, I try not to read too much into Week 1.

saintrules

bro, i swear he would be a first round pick at TE/DE

I think we're going to see more Zion like guys coming into the NBA in the future.

Quicker route into the NBA via One & Done
Ridiculously lower chance of injury
Chance for a much longer career (4.8 years NBA vs. 3.3 years NFL)
Higher pay & better possibility of getting endorsements

If you're highly skilled at both, I just don't see why (except love of the game, which is big) you'd choose to play in the NFL.

Stretch19

Grow up
thats pretty amusing and a pretty big IF you just summarized your whole post with...

IF you are highly skilled at both, yeah sure IF then basketball makes more sense but the problem is we havent really seen anyone his size who is highly skilled at both before and the ones who were his sized and skilled werent good enough to make it to the NBA so as a result, they started playing football....like antonio gates, rico gathers, julius peppers, etc

youve got a much better shot making an NFL roster than you do an NBA

Country469

If more guys were around like him the nba would be filled with them, but they arent. Tall and lanky are usually going together instead of tall and king kong

Stretch19

Grow up
i mean if you are 6'8 and 270+ whatever coming out of HS, chances are you are an offensive lineman and you dont have the quickness, coordination, athleticism or skill needed to play high level basketball

dude is a special combination of it all and this guy talking about we are going to see more of them in the future like its gonna be some regular occurance...lulz good one

saintrules

youve got a much better shot making an NFL roster than you do an NBA

You have an insanely better shot of staying on an NBA roster than you do an NFL.

My point is simple, the NFL over the last five years has created an environment less enticing to guys who have the option to choose. Are there many out there who CAN choose? No, absolutely not. But, I think there will be more tall and athletic guys coming into the NBA over the next five than there ever has been.

Another Zion? No, more Zion like guys, yes.

Stretch19

Grow up
but you make it seem like thats something new...

that trend has been developing some time now in basketball though...20 years ago you didnt see 7' guys who handled the ball and played on the perimeter like you do now; there werent stretch 4's or 5's playing the game in nearly the numbers like they are now

20 or so years ago, if you were a big man, 6'9+ you played in the post, generally speaking...the days of a 7' guy who stays in the post and plays with his back to the basket are just about gone at this point; seeing more 'tall and athletic' guys coming into the nba in the next 5 years is just a continuation of that and has nothing to do with guys choosing the NBA over the NFL

you have a better shot of staying on an NBA roster because contracts/money are guaranteed, where in football they are not, but its also way harder to make an NBA roster than it is an NFL roster; what good is staying on a roster if you cant make one in the first place?

if it was so easy to make an NBA roster, you wouldnt have guys who hadnt played football since HS, transitioning over to the NFL after not being able to play in the NBA

your point is stupid, sorry

Stretch19

Grow up
not to mention, how many 'tall and athletic' guys are out there who chose the NFL over NBA?

in the NFL if you are over 6'5 you are more than likely either a QB or an offensive lineman..might have a couple WR/TE's sprinkled into the mix

its not like they chose to play in the NFL instead of in the NBA, they just werent athletic or skilled enough in basketball to play at a high level; zion is a genetic freak...the fact hes as big and athletic as he is, is insane; nobody who is skilled enough to play both football and basketball at a high level are picking football, nor have they ever

who is the last really good football player who was talented enough to play a high level of basketball?

julius peppers was athletic enough to continue playing ball at carolina but wasnt nearly skilled enough to play in the nba

jimmy graham played both at miami, wasnt nearly skilled enough to play in the nba

julius thomas had a decent career at portland state, but how many NBA players have come out of portland state?

antonio gates was probably the most skilled basketball player who made it to the nba, had a solid career at a mid major and resorted to football cause he wasnt good enough to make the nba

aint nobody picking football over basketball, sorry bro

ntz

tricknollegy
every single player in the NFL is only playing football because they weren't good enough at basketball. facts