Official CFB Thread

saintrules

but you make it seem like thats something new...

that trend has been developing some time now in basketball though...20 years ago you didnt see 7' guys who handled the ball and played on the perimeter like you do now; there werent stretch 4's or 5's playing the game in nearly the numbers like they are now

You do realize you answered & restated my point like 400 characters ago, right?

Stretch19

Grow up
how exactly does someone answer a point?

you answer a question, you cant answer a point.

also, your point was that we are going to see more 'zion like guys' coming into the NBA as opposed to the NFL in the next few years b/c they are going to pick basketball over football, which is both stupid and not true at all; so no, i didnt answer or restate your point

i told you that your point was stupid and held no grounds for being accurate; not to mention the influx of big/athletic guys in the nba has nothing to do with zion or picking the NBA over the NFL

Redsfan

I think Haskins should. Set all the B1G records this year. Also put those numbers up against tougher defenses than Murray did. Tua s**t to bed in his biggest game of the year. That should have lost him the trophy. Murray played well in the Big 12 championship game but Haskins played great and broke his own single game yardage record in his game. He also helped put up 62 points against the #1 defense in the country. So since I feel this way Tua probably wins.

Country469

big 10 passing records < SEC passing records

OSU's ****ty ass defense is the reason he got more possessions and plays, just like Kyler.

Redsfan

Several of the records were Drew Brees. Yeah he's terrible and not as good as Tim Couch the SEC leader. Just ask a Browns fan how great Couch was. Haha. Haskins numbers this year would be SEC single season records too. Yardage and TD's. Considering his backup threw for 2500 yards in the SEC shows the SEC greater then everybody bias should not be there. SEC has Bama and Georgia. All the rest are just average teams with a few bad ones thrown in. Also with the defense sucking the offense is off the field more. Good D will get your offense more possessions. To your point a bad D will make your offense have to score more so you are partially right.

Country469

Did you really just bring NFL performance into a college football discussion? Because the entire world knows the SEC is the better conference and has better defenses. The only thing helping the big 10 look good is weather. Seriously the trash ass offenses yall gave up big points to is comical.

. Also with the defense sucking the offense is off the field more. Good D will get your offense more possessions. To your point a bad D will make your offense have to score more so you are partially right.

with the defense sucking OSU couldnt run the ball and control the clock like they would in years past. They were forced to push the ball and throw more to keep up just to win games. Its like you are an OSU homer fan but have no ****ing clue about your own team.

Redsfan

I brought up the NFL when I saw the mighty SEC's leading single season yardage leader was Tim Couch. I actually LOL on that one. He was terrible.

This was a Heisman discussion that you turned into a b***h fest about OSU's defense. OU's D was even worse but the nobody seems to care about that. Haskins just had the best season anyone has ever had in the B1G. I think he deserves the Heisman. Murray's wasn't the best ever in his league nor was Tua's. Tua could have won it by playing well against Georgia but didn't. He actually played pretty bad.

BTW, OSU couldn't run the ball because the O line couldn't run block for most of the season. Haskins was also no threat to run so they keyed on the running back only. When that happens and you have the best passer OSU has ever had, plus a good group of receivers, you throw the ball.

Country469

I brought up the NFL when I saw the mighty SEC's leading single season yardage leader was Tim Couch. I actually LOL on that one. He was terrible.

This was a Heisman discussion that you turned into a b***h fest about OSU's defense. OU's D was even worse but the nobody seems to care about that. Haskins just had the best season anyone has ever had in the B1G. I think he deserves the Heisman. Murray's wasn't the best ever in his league nor was Tua's. Tua could have won it by playing well against Georgia but didn't. He actually played pretty bad.

BTW, OSU couldn't run the ball because the O line couldn't run block for most of the season. Haskins was also no threat to run so they keyed on the running back only. When that happens and you have the best passer OSU has ever had, plus a good group of receivers, you throw the ball.

1. nfl is success is not relevant, see 90% of heisman winners
2. you said stupid **** and got called out on it, and now call it a ***** fest, Typical OSU fan.
3. Best season ever is ****ing joke bro, considering you lost to Purdue. If you cant score more than 20 on Purdue dont talk about anyone else.
4. if they can't run and throw the whole game that means stats are inflated. lol. I supposed Texas tech is owed about 12 heismans now too?

the best player in the country is not going to win the award, point blank. And you're simply grandstanding for your homer team. Get off that nonsense.

Redsfan

1. Just because you call something stupid doesn't mean it is.
2. It's statistically the best season ever for a Big Ten QB. Talking about the player not the team. Not talking W-L's or talking about team defensive rankings.
3. The OSU hatred is strong in you and that is fine. You can hate as much as you want. You have your opinions and I have mine. If you are a Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Tennessee or Miami fan I hate your team too.
4. Call it grandstanding if you want but I doubt any Heisman voters are on Softballfans to listen to me to sway their vote.
5. I'll agree the Heisman voting is a joke. Rarely does the true best player get it. Tua will probably win because he didn't lose a game and the other 2 did.
6. Maybe Dabo should have been giving Etienne some more press to get him invited.

onion

Addicted to Softballfans
Heisman winners, OJ, Jim Plunkett, Tony Dorsett, Earl Campbell, Billy Sims, Marcus Allen, Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, Tim Brown, Barry Sanders, Eddie George, Charles Woodson, etc. I would say that it is closer to 90% success rate than the other way around.

Country469

Cherry picked. I can pick 9 HOF'ers for every 1 that won the heisman. Oddly enough tho the position that is lacking on that list the most is QB, where the flop rate is hardest. (I woulda cherry picked that too)

Redsfan

Charlie Ward(NBA), Danny Wuerfel, (spelling?) Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Jason White, Manziel etc were flops. These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Jury still out if Mayfield and Jackson end up being good.

Country469

Kyler Murray a damn fool if he takes another snap after january of 19. Even is baseball flops for him in 3-4 years, he still has value as a QB in the NFL. See the Drew Henson experience and such. QB needs will never go away, he could make that MLB money that he assured, and then come back for some NFL money.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Only 4 Heisman winners have won the NC since 2000. Ony 9 are in the Pro Football HoF. There have been about 6 good NFL players who won the Heisman since Barry Sanders in 1988 not counting the last three years. Before that they probably had a 50/50 shot of being good.

onion

Addicted to Softballfans
Cherry picked. I can pick 9 HOF'ers for every 1 that won the heisman. Oddly enough tho the position that is lacking on that list the most is QB, where the flop rate is hardest. (I woulda cherry picked that too)
Didn't cherry pick anything. The first 10 of that list were from a 20 year span. So that is a 50% success rate.

Country469

you left out 40% somewhere in the last 20 minutes. But you also had to go back to a different era of football to even come close to countering. But in the say, last 18 years we'll go with...........

5-6 guys who I'd say had a decent career. Maybe Cam has a "great" career since he won a SB and is a bigger name? Maybe? Even back as far as 88....to sanders...

I got 3-4 big names and a **** ton of flops and some guys who had ok careers. We're getting back closer to 10%

onion

Addicted to Softballfans
I think Mariotta, Derrick Henry, Lamar Jackson and Mayfield can all be productive. That is 4 in a row.

Country469

4 in row that count for me tho, being productive was never in the discussion or having a good career. Heisman means you are the "best" player in college that year, anything less than a long career and many pro bowls is coming up short of expectations at QB/RB/WR