Official CFB Thread

Stretch19

Grow up
or the fact that he knew his ass was caught and then decided to limit damage of everything and give a statement

its just like when you get caught cheating...at first you deny everything, then when you realize youre caught caught, you offer up as little as possible to try and reduce your role in the situation

so it went from him not knowing anything about it and having no information to pass up the line, to him learning of an incident and reporting it properly?

Stretch19

Grow up
he didnt misspeak though, he categorically denied knowing anything at all...just flat out said nope, i know nothing

then says, oh i wasnt adequately prepared to discuss it?

wait, what? the story came out prior to media day, neither you or anyone at OSU PR/Media dept thought it was going to be brought up?

nah, you just thought you could hide that **** and it would blow over...then when it didnt you figured youd go ahead and issue a statement

Stretch19

Grow up
As for 2015? “I got a text late last night something happened in 2015,” Meyer said that day. “And there was nothing. Once again, there's nothing—once again, I don't know who creates a story like that.”

then later in the day: “I can’t say it didn’t happen because I wasn’t there,” Meyer said of the ’15 allegations. “I was never told about anything. … I never had a conversation about it.”

ntz

tricknollegy
and the statement as it is written is most likely exactly what happened.

i don't care what he said at media day

Stretch19

Grow up
man, bump that noise...dude got caught, its as simple as that; he got caught, looked stupid so he issued his statement in hopes of making it all right...hey, ill accept a little of the blame for media day, but i did what i was supposed to back 3 years ago

Stretch19

Grow up
huh what?

his statement he says, in less words than more, i lied to yall last week at media day and ill take the blame for that, but i handled everything like i should have in 2015

Stretch19

Grow up
1. denies everything
2. gets caught in lie
3. issues statement accepting blame for 1 thing, which is much less serious than original issue

how is that not the most predictable thing ever? thats human psychology, watch any of the 48 hours type shows where it shows suspects being interviewed by detectives and if any of them are dumb enough to talk without a lawyer there, they all do the same thing

1. i dont know anything about the murder, i wasnt there
2. we know you are lying
3. ok well i was there, but i didnt kill them

Stretch19

Grow up
not to mention the statement itself was weak AF and full of holes as well, all hes doing is trying to clear his name, hes not being honest with anyone

“Unfortunately, at Big Ten media days on July 24, I failed on many of these fronts,” “My intention was not to say anything inaccurate or misleading. However, I was not adequately prepared to discuss these sensitive personnel issues with the media, and I apologize for the way I handled those questions.”

1. you said you knew nothing, period. how do you say that without intended to be inaccurate or misleading?
2. you weren adequately prepared? the story broke almost a full day before media day and you knew the facts for years, but you werent adequately prepared?
3. sensitive personnel issues? so you admit to knowing about 2009 and share with everyone how you and your wife suggested the get counseling, etc but the 2015 ones are too sensitive to acknowledge you knew about?

ntz

tricknollegy
who are you talking to, UM doesn't post on here, to my knowledge, i could be wrong though

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
How does unc get a transfer immediately eligible from OSU but NC state gets a kid from USC and he has to sit out 3 games?
Unc chests at everything. State did in basketball kinda though with the whole Dennis smith saga but he was getting paid in high school before college at least.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Urban Meyer's statement was after he talked to his lawyer. He said what his lawyer told him to say to try to not violate his contract. He's trying to make them pay the whole $40 million. He got caught and there really isn't a way out of this. Now he's just trying to make sure he gets that comfy retirement settlement. The University said it will be resolved in 14 days. How do you guarantee you get all the facts in 14 days? You don't. You give that committee a deadline to make sure this is over with before the season starts and the new coach is announced and ready for opening weekend.

Stretch19

Grow up
How does unc get a transfer immediately eligible from OSU but NC state gets a kid from USC and he has to sit out 3 games?
Unc chests at everything. State did in basketball kinda though with the whole Dennis smith saga but he was getting paid in high school before college at least.

UNC applied for a waiver to allow Williams to be immediately eligible. Usually called the “hardship waiver”, the NCAA grants this when a transfers closer to home to be with an ailing relative or loved one.

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Ahhh gotcha. Didn’t realize it was for the hardship stuff. The ncaa still likes to stick it to state though. Terry Henderson broke his leg in literally the first 4 minutes of the first game and didn’t give him an extra year of medical. Granted he did transfer from wvu to state but others were gave another year but not him.

Stretch19

Grow up
the white kid who plays basketball got done dirty also...went somewhere, enrolled early to take summer classes and then the coach left, so he transferred to state and had to sit out a year as a result

Redsfan

Urban Meyer's statement was after he talked to his lawyer. He said what his lawyer told him to say to try to not violate his contract. He's trying to make them pay the whole $40 million. He got caught and there really isn't a way out of this. Now he's just trying to make sure he gets that comfy retirement settlement. The University said it will be resolved in 14 days. How do you guarantee you get all the facts in 14 days? You don't. You give that committee a deadline to make sure this is over with before the season starts and the new coach is announced and ready for opening weekend.

I have a feeling there isn't going to be a new coach. UM will be back. If what happened in his statement really happened he is ok. Lying at a press conference isn't the death sentence. Been happening for years. Saban lies every time he takes a new job and says he isn't taking the job. You deny until you don't have too. It's the media being butt hurt because someone lied to them and blowing the whole thing up. If someone gets fired it's Gene Smith or whoever is supposed to investigate the alleged DV.

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Braxton Beverley. They actually went to court over it and he got to play this past year without sitting out. Ncaa punishing kids for going to class. Who would have though.

Stretch19

Grow up
nah the huge difference in this shoe selling story and the OSU story a few years back, was how it was all handled.

essentially, this was caught by an fan of the university, who saw the shoes being sold and knew they were team/player/whatever issued only...they contacted the athletic dept and made them aware of it; the school handled it right away, making players/staff show up with their shoes and the ones who couldnt were reported to the NCAA

in the OSU instance, the football program, tressell specifically was made aware of what was going on with the players selling gear, rings, etc and didnt take the proper course of action to report those to their compliance dept or anyone else, then he signed a NCAA document saying he had no knowledge of the situation, which was a lie and a violation of his contract

Morris

The Rookie
Is he still president at Youngstown state? Went there for a visit and remember the statue of him. Was like whoa this dude a god here. Then he left, then went back. Cool story