Official Last Bat 2023

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Scorched that one you did. 3rd baseman on opposing team even made a comment on that one.
That was the first (only) one I squared up rather than a cut style swing. Those balls are difficult to hit well. Probably doesn't help that I haven't swung a bat since October.

Still had fun tho.

As much as I love playing the field, catching is always a good time too. I try to make the most of it when I'm behind the plate.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RBI Single into RC

Play-in game for playoffs against the #2 seed.
Felt really good about heading into the last inning chasing one.

We gave up another run while securing two-outs in the top half of the inning, then the wheels off...
Uncharacteristic drops in the OF (for out#3) amounted to 4-runs of damage.
  • Batter#1 - F2 :eek:
  • Batter#2 - Shallow F8
  • Batter#3 - 4-3

DirtBag215

Double - splitting LF, LC
We gave up the game in the final inning with two out

Gentle Reminder - Quality of Subs is pretty danged important
So calling my brother’s girlfriend’s uncle who played ball 19 years ago isnt the best option? I’ll let the guy running my one league team know.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So calling my brother’s girlfriend’s uncle who played ball 19 years ago isnt the best option? I’ll let the guy running my one league team know.
This is pretty much what happened.
Heading into the 9pm game, we were short a couple - but was told that subs had been located for the game.

First of all, 2B hadn't played IF in over 10years
Secondly, they were never in position for ANY ball relative to that position and spent most of the night apologizing for all the mistakes

Geez

DirtBag215

This is pretty much what happened.
Heading into the 9pm game, we were short a couple - but was told that subs had been located for the game.

First of all, 2B hadn't played IF in over 10years
Secondly, they were never in position for ANY ball relative to that position and spent most of the night apologizing for all the mistakes

Geez
At least he manned up and apologized.