OG Thread: Post what aluminum bat you used back in the day

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
I never liked the Easton Redline bats. I didn't feel the trampoline effect when I used one. So I guess I just didn't like the feedback, cuz guys on my teams used to hit the crap outta the ball with them.

Were those the ones that had the tapered handles? I remember not liking those very much.

baseman

in your face nancy grace
Good old Louisville Grandslam and the Easton C-Core reflex.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Steele's Brauxite baby!!!! Practically indestructible. Killed those old 47/525 balls.
s-l300.jpg

MaverickAH

Worth Tennessee Thumper----> Easton SX1----> LS TPS Tournament Player----> LS TPS Powerdome----> DeMarini Doublewall Distance----> DeMarini Dark

Last edited:

yance

Addicted to Softballfans
First aluminum bat I bought was a Easton Connection. Hit 4 homers on my first 4 swings. Got walked 11 times between the first and forth. Not that much of a homerun hitter before that.

MaverickAH

Worth Tennessee Thumper----> Easton SX1----> LS TPS Tournament Player----> LS TPS Powerdome----> DeMarini Doublewall Distance----> DeMarini Dark

BTW, that Tennessee Thumper? It was a 34oz., double end-loaded. The barrel walls were so thick that you could use a regular ruler to measure them & there was some sore of plastic/resin material inside. I think that it cost me $20, $25? Technology has come a long way since then!

Pretty sure that the Easton SX1 was the first "thin walled" bat than used scandium. I saw a woman using one just last week & she said that she's had it over 30 years.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
BTW, that Tennessee Thumper? It was a 34oz., double end-loaded. The barrel walls were so thick that you could use a regular ruler to measure them & there was some sore of plastic/resin material inside. I think that it cost me $20, $25? Technology has come a long way since then!

Pretty sure that the Easton SX1 was the first "thin walled" bat than used scandium. I saw a woman using one just last week & she said that she's had it over 30 years.

Thanks for reminding me about the Tennessee Thumper. I had one of those too, a 38oz beast that just destroyed the ball. God I miss those days.